CHICKEN BRUHAHA GETS BIGGER

jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:06 am
In the United States private corporation's can do as they wish with their money. But it's my first amendment right to protest their position and spend my money elsewhere.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg507/scaled.php?server=507&filename=21784510100263185192133.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:12 am
Just so everybody knows, this thread is not about "Hawkeye" and his love of playing the contrarian. My thanks to those who have remained focused on the issue of politics in this matter.
jcboy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:22 am
@Setanta,
I didn’t know he was posting here, the ignore button is fabulous. Cool

We have one Chick fil A in St. Pete, they haven’t been very busy lately.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:41 am
Hawkeye:
While you are working on your redefined definition of "Religious Freedom" give us one for this :
You wrote:
Quote:
It is not a normal university.

What is a 'normal' university?

Joe(I just about spit my coffee all over my monitor.)Nation

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:42 am
@jcboy,
I wouldn't think so. The call for conservative action didn't go over so big down there, huh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:48 am
A normal university is a teachers' college (from the French école normale). Maybe bright boy here means it's not a teachers' college.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:05 am
@Setanta,
Um. Yes. I'm sure that's what he meant.

Joe(I am the proud alumnus of my own insanity.)Nation
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:40 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
It is not a normal university.

No, it's a Catholic university. Dan Cathy and the Pope aren't too far apart on this issue.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:39 am
@joefromchicago,
Wow.
I remember when I thought being in agreement with the Pontiff was a good thing.

I hope the institution and people like the owner of Chik-fil-A catch up to the 21st Century before the 22nd century begins.

Joe('tis a wee hope.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 09:48 am
You can do your step if you want it
If you clear it with the Pontiff
Everybody say his own
Kyrie eleison
Doin' the Vatican Rag!

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:09 pm
Boston.com wrote:
NASHUA, N.H.—The manager of a Chick-fil-A in Nashua, N.H., is donating sandwiches to an upcoming festival celebrating gay rights.

The support from franchise operator Anthony Piccola for the New Hampshire Pride Fest comes as the restaurant chain continues to be criticized for an executive's comments about gay marriage.

Piccola said Wednesday that the Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in its restaurants "is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect -- regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender." It followed a statement he made last week that said the Nashua restaurant at the Pheasant Lane Mall has gay employees and serves gay customers "with honor, dignity and respect."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2012/08/01/chick_fil_a_manager_in_nh_to_help_gay_pride_fest/

Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy told the Baptist Press last month that the Atlanta-based company was "guilty as charged" for backing "the biblical definition of a family." That unleashed a flood of criticism from gay rights groups and others, who have called for boycotts and efforts to block the chain from opening new stores.
Irishk

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:33 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Thanks, Andy. Always love to hear the kindness angle put on these issues!

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I think Mr. Piccola's gonna lose his franchise. Which would be unfortunate.
Irishk

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:08 pm
@jespah,
Oof...I hope not. I hate to see anyone lose their job in this economy Sad
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:11 pm
@jespah,
I'm not so sure. I've re-read that interview and it seems to me that Mr. Cathy was expressing his personal views and beliefs, not necessarily corporate policy.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

I'm not so sure. I've re-read that interview and it seems to me that Mr. Cathy was expressing his personal views and beliefs, not necessarily corporate policy.

It's the 'corporate policy' to donate to anti-gay groups using their profits, so, I'd say that his views are synonymous with their policy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
If you can, listen to the radio piece I linked a page or so back.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

It's well diagrammed at the top of this page.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That's a cool link. I'm interested in how it plays out.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:51 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Mr. Cathy's personal views and beliefs permeate corporate policy.

This quote is taken from the Forbes article The Cult of Chick-fil-A that ehBeth posted a couple of pages back.
Quote:
Chick-fil-A's corporate mission, as stated on a plaque at company headquarters (and by Cathy), is to "glorify God." It is the only national fast-food chain that closes on Sunday so operators can go to church and spend time with their families; franchisees who don't go along with the rule risk having their contracts terminated. Company meetings and retreats include prayers, and the company encourages franchisees to market their restaurants through church groups. Howe Rice, a franchisee in Glen Allen, Va., hosts a Bible study group in one of his two Chick-fil-A restaurants every Tuesday. He offers a free breakfast to all who attend. "You don't have to be a Christian to work at Chick-fil-A, but we ask you to base your business on biblical principles because they work," says Cathy.