CHICKEN BRUHAHA GETS BIGGER

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
The company, which has been sued twelve times since 1988 for discrimination,

Other companies of this size would kill for that few number of discrimination suits....
Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Chicago franchisee whose statement you posted.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:53 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Chicago franchisee whose statement you posted.

I expect they will be closed, Universities tend to be captive to the radical left. It must be one hell of a story of how Chick-fil-a ever got onto campuses to begin with. There was/is one store only in my state, at Western Washington UNiversity.... the company says it is open but yelp says it is closed.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't think the university will do anything about the franchisee.

The company is NOT going to like that statement.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 06:59 pm
@ehBeth,
I have not been on that campus for 20 years....so I dont know where the students come down. It is not a normal university.
JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
You have much greater confidence in the ultimate outcome of this than I do. My personal feeling is that any two adults who choose to declare their love via a marriage ceremony should be able to do so. Those who choose to define marriage to correspond to their own circumstances need to look beyond their own prism. I don't agree with your no-win assessment.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
Their support of hate groups with millions of dollars in donations make them haters as well. I won't remain silent when other's actions and beliefs affect me. And no, I don't plan on giving one penny to their establishment.

Now go sweep up the peanut shells off your diner floor!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:28 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
I don't agree with your no-win assessment.

the no-win scenario is regarding the gay rights political pressure groups getting their panties in a twist over Chick-fil-a. They best mumble and walk away.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:30 pm
@MMarciano,
Quote:
Their support of hate groups with millions of dollars in donations make them haters as well.

and the Bible is a hate book and most churches are hate groups according to you...I know. We have so far expanded the definition of "hate" that it rivals the redefinition of "rape" in scope.
JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:33 pm
Please, please, please let us not turn this into another rape thread!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's your opinion, certainly. But your crystal ball isn't any clearer than any others. Time will tell...
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:36 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

That's your opinion, certainly. But your crystal ball isn't any clearer than any others. Time will tell...

Name a single cause that has ever in america gone up against religious freedom and won.

You cant.
JPB

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Slavery, mixed-race marriage, women's suffrage, abortion rights. That's four.
Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:41 pm
The people who agree with Cathy have the same rights as the people who disagree. They didn't "make the issue political;" the people who disagree with him did. Christians are practicing their rights to respond to the pro-gay politicization of the issue.

I was raised around Chik-Fil-A - and the food - like most fast food - is basically unhealthy. They've always closed on Sunday - as most a lot of Christian-based businesses in the south do. The stuff is very popular in the south - along with a glut of other unhealthy foods.

I just wish someone would soberly ask him where he finds the biblical outline for marriage.

He'll find that marriage in the bible frequently allows for multiple wives and taking of a slave for recreational and procreational purposes.

So many well-meaning people have been not so big on reading their "handbook," but they cling to the cherry-picked items that massage their intrinsic racism, sexism, and very limited views.

Don't give them a cross to crawl up on. Ask them to defend the "biblical" edicts they purport to live by.

Do their wives wear make - up? There's a write up against that. Do they charge interest? Do they follow ALL the lovely little rules set forth in the good book...or just the ones that promote judgment on those of us who live differently?

They will find it impossible to defend most everything they were raised to believe.

Sadly.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Does the removal of the Ten Commandments monument count?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0301/Supreme-Court-lets-stand-order-to-remove-Ten-Commandments-monument
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:42 pm
@Lash,
Reminds me so much of a Kucinich quote when he was asked why he was the only one who voted against the measures in the Patriot Act.

He said, "I read it."
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:44 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Slavery, mixed-race marriage, women's suffrage, abortion rights. That's four.

Those were the institution of laws that went against doctrine but ok, the flaw is my use of the term "religious freedom" which is too vague.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm
http://www.thenewsunicorn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/chickfila-graphic.jpg
0 Replies

Nana7

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:12 am
@Phoenix32890,
Does it really have a good taste?
0 Replies