CHICKEN BRUHAHA GETS BIGGER

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:56 pm
Today in our area is support chick fil a day. The TV showed overflowing crowds and long lines at the drive through.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
here too.

whole buncha christian folks out protesting against gays...

I half expect Fred Phelps to come out in support of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:33 pm
This a day after a Teabagger gets the go ahead to become our next senator.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Holy cow! I, unfortunately, had to drive today in the vicinity of a Chik-fil-a, and the traffic was PACKED. The drive-thru line went out into the road, and the counter line went out the door and around the building.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 06:51 pm
So mrs45 and I want to eat out tonight. Once we've made ourselves aware of the moral fibre of an ownership and are satisfied, should we then interview the staff before we place an order? Wouldn't want any rogue offender slipping past our radar and accidentally support their intolerance, right?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:13 pm
@thack45,
Pack iron. And an assault gun. That's for the chicken. Don't harm the people.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 07:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
They did the same thing in Tampa today, one location was packed the one here in St. Pete was dead, there was actually two police cars in the parking lot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:05 pm
Give it a week. The food there is forgettable. They won't come back in droves after that, in my opinion. Of course, I have been wrong in the past. I thought I had made a mistake, once, but I hadn't.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Of course I don't wish to harm anyone. I just want to be absolutely certain that none of my money ever supports any person I don't agree with.
Miss L Toad

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 08:20 pm
@Setanta,
Chickens determined that it is a brouhaha up with which they will not put.
0 Replies

Atom Blitzer

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 09:36 pm
@Setanta,
I hope they protest by making out in front of the restaurant.
Eating a chicken sandwich while seeing hot lesbian couples make out would be AWESOME!!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:44 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

Of course I don't wish to harm anyone. I just want to be absolutely certain that none of my money ever supports any person I don't agree with.

Have you considered joining a cult?? I do believe this to be your only option.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 10:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
wait...even that does not work. Uncle Sam is going to get some of your money even then.

You're fucked!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 02:43 am
@mesquite,
That was interesting about the corporate culture. There's a chain of department stores in central Ohio which are modestly successful (the owner built a stadium for the Ohio State University), and they are Jewish, so all the stores are closed on Saturday, open on Sunday. However, i don't know that they promote studying the Torah, or the proliferation of Jewish religious beliefs.
jespah

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:10 am
@Setanta,
That's 'cause we're not supposed to be evangelical.
JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:17 am
Yesterday was Chick Fil A's last day in the sun...all these pro anti gay chicken lovers rallying around them ...will fade, and even more thereafter...you can't stop equality...it will always be on the right side of history...Chick Fil A is doomed and no christian will be able to save it...its profits will diminish...and they will be a lesson for generations to come on how not to run a business.
engineer

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:23 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
I wouldn't go that far, but I do think it was CFA's last big harrah. Lots of people here, especially people with children go to CFA and so instead of going on Friday, they went yesterday. They will still go. There is some percentage that will stop going and that will be permanent. CFA should not be looking at all the people who showed up yesterday, they should look at all who don't over the next month.
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:38 am
@jespah,
I salure you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:51 am
@JeffreyEqualityNewma,
It was demoralizing to see how many people (and some of them, I love) want to stand up and say "I don't like gay people." Sad.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:31 am
@engineer,
I suspect Chick-fil-A will cave eventually.

I just hope it's sooner rather than later; I deplore their anti-gay stance, but they really do make things inviting if you have kids.