What is the greatest country on Earth?

Foofie

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The only "break" you'll get from me is when you show some humanity and humility for your fellow humans.

Who annointed you to stand in judgement of others? Doesn't matter. I personally like Chinese over Japanese. I like their cuisine also.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:52 pm
@Foofie,
'Our Christian monotheistic faith' was always more Greek than Jewish. The rabbi made a convenient figurehead. All the rest, circumcision, pork etc. was definitely not at all convenient.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:52 pm
@Foofie,
Me. I can opine about almost anything I wish, and you can't stop me! Get used to it.

Your preference for food has no relevance to anyone except yourself.
McTag

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 03:47 pm

It has become clear today, that the greatest country on earth is the one whose womenfolk can pedal the quickest.
Which is the UK.
Quod erat demonstrandum.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:08 pm
@Foofie,
BTW, I don't stand in judgement; I just challenge people's opinions when I think they're talking through their arses.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:00 pm
@iamsam82,
Per capita evaluations often make sense, but not here.

More people want to move to the US than anywhere else.

That a lesser number of immigrants to another nation represents a greater percentage of the population really says nothing about the desirability of the place to which they are immigrating, it only speaks to the size of the population.

The fact that the US is vastly larger than the UK, is not why more people want to move to the US than the UK.

This isn't a knock on the UK, by the way, just a response to your argument.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
@iamsam82,
Oh, I forgot, you can't exclude illegal immigrants from the analysis.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:06 pm
@Foofie,
You don't get it. Do you foofie?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:20 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

'Our Christian monotheistic faith' was always more Greek than Jewish. The rabbi made a convenient figurehead. All the rest, circumcision, pork etc. was definitely not at all convenient.

You might be confusing faith for culture. The Christian "culture" might be very Greek; however, the monotheism, and its stories about the beginning of the world and humanity are Hebrew.

The rabbi was a change from the old high priest religion with the Pharisees and Sadducees. It became the only way to maintain the religion upon the Romans kicking the Jews out of Jerusalem. Protestants went back to the rabbi (aka, teacher) in the form of the minister. You know who still has high priests. In my opinion, high priests only made problems for the Jews and, again in my opinion, they might be the source of some problems for those Christian denominations that still have high priests.

By the way, other than Jews, who requires circumcision and abstaining from pork? Inconvenient? It's all a matter of viewpoint.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Me. I can opine about almost anything I wish, and you can't stop me! Get used to it.

Your preference for food has no relevance to anyone except yourself.

Then I can opine too. Your opinion is of no interest to me.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

BTW, I don't stand in judgement; I just challenge people's opinions when I think they're talking through their arses.

Who do I see to get annointed with such license, so I wouldn't be thought of as a meddling Miss Piggy?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:32 pm
@Foofie,
There's no annointments or license; it just is. It's not meddling when you post on a public forum; in effect you are asking to be affirmed or to be questioned.

I do both depending on the subject matter.
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There's no annointments or license; it just is. It's not meddling when you post on a public forum; in effect you are asking to be affirmed or to be questioned.

I do both depending on the subject matter.

But when you reply to my posts, it does seem to me that you sometimes counter my position with a degree of venom, so to speak. Not a deadly amount, but venom, just the same. In my opinion it might be caused by the death throes of your testicles producing the last bit of testosterone? Honest Injun, I am very impressed with your macho persona.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:42 pm
@McGentrix,
The all-time greatest country on Earth was Mongolia, that's the greatest land mass which has ever been ruled by one government or family.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
@Foofie,
"Venom?" ROFL You should perhaps go cry on your momma's shoulder.
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"Venom?" ROFL You should perhaps go cry on your momma's shoulder.

My mother is dead. Perhaps, this post of yours is beyond the pale of civil forum behavior?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:48 pm
@Foofie,
Suggesting that someone cry on their momma's shoulder is civilized. That she's dead has nothing to do with me!

You'd probably react the same if she was alive. Mr. Green Cry like a baby.
Look, ma, he hurt my feelings!
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Suggesting that someone cry on their momma's shoulder is civilized. That she's dead has nothing to do with me!

You'd probably react the same if she was alive. Mr. Green Cry like a baby.
Look, ma, he hurt my feelings!

Oh yes it does. But, let the other posters vote with their responses to you, or no responses to you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:07 pm
@Foofie,
Other posters wouldn't want to get involved is such foolishness.

FACT: I had nothing to do with your mother's death.
Foofie

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Other posters wouldn't want to get involved is such foolishness.

FACT: I had nothing to do with your mother's death.

FACT: You made light of it, without the forethought to realize that someone of my age would not have a live mother. You should act your age, in my opinion.