What is the greatest country on Earth?

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:38 pm
@Foofie,
Considering how easily you dismiss the slaughter of millions, the destruction of tens of millions' lives, the theft of their own countries' wealth, your protestations sound pretty hollow, Foofie.
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:36 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

It has become clear today, that the greatest country on earth is the one whose womenfolk can pedal the quickest.
Which is the UK.
Quod erat demonstrandum.

It would appear that your menfolk can also row.....though thank god neither folk can swim worth a damn!
dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:40 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Other posters wouldn't want to get involved is such foolishness.

FACT: I had nothing to do with your mother's death.

FACT: You made light of it, without the forethought to realize that someone of my age would not have a live mother. You should act your age, in my opinion.

It was a stupid insult....not that you are covering yourself in any glory insult wise.....but you're milking it shamelessly. How many people here have a clue how old you are? I'd probably have thought of you as being about 18 or 19 if I had given it any thought. Which I haven't up until this moment.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:00 pm
@dlowan,
Foofie's posts don't show enough maturity to credit him with being 18 or so. More of a pre-teen I'd have said; an opinionated one at that.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:19 pm
@JLNobody,
You and L and I and others could spend time in Italy - a place I know is not well now, in various ways, but I still love. Actually I considered it for a while, when I thought I might be able to do it - but I couldn't do it and still afford to come back to the US.
I'd not wanted to be part of a colony of expatriates (what a snob I am). But - it was fun looking at real estate ads.

Oops, JL's post was on page 2.
Beg pardon.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 10:21 pm
@ossobuco,
It would be wonderful for at least a year. L. loves Torino most of all.
McTag

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 02:04 am
@dlowan,

Quote:
.though thank god neither folk can swim worth a damn!

That is probably because we have evolved further than other nations.

Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 02:36 am
"Foofie" is not a real person, it is a sock puppet for Miller. If you continue to talk to the silly bitch, you just encourage her to perpetuate the fraud. When people stop responding to "Foofie," "Foofie" will just wither away.
JTT

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:21 am
@Setanta,
Hi there, Beth. Smile
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:49 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Considering how easily you dismiss the slaughter of millions, the destruction of tens of millions' lives, the theft of their own countries' wealth, your protestations sound pretty hollow, Foofie.

Your perspective is not that of society in general, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:53 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

"Foofie" is not a real person, it is a sock puppet for Miller. If you continue to talk to the silly bitch, you just encourage her to perpetuate the fraud. When people stop responding to "Foofie," "Foofie" will just wither away.

What if I am really a sock puppet of Setanta? Is the accusation for Foofie being a sock puppet of Miller just a red-herring for Foofie being Setanta's sock puppet?

Can Foofie choose whose sock puppet he belongs to?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:58 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Define "dismiss." I only know I cannot change history. Nor is it my job to do that. You proselytize your viewpoint, and believe that many that do not share it are lower morally. Very illogical thinking, in my opinion. Does your viewpoint stem from your religious views? [Foofie knows that it is JTT's m.o. to "dismiss" questions that attempt to understand JTT's motivations. What makes JTT so clandestine about his personal "profile"?]
Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:59 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Foofie wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Other posters wouldn't want to get involved is such foolishness.

FACT: I had nothing to do with your mother's death.

FACT: You made light of it, without the forethought to realize that someone of my age would not have a live mother. You should act your age, in my opinion.

It was a stupid insult....not that you are covering yourself in any glory insult wise.....but you're milking it shamelessly. How many people here have a clue how old you are? I'd probably have thought of you as being about 18 or 19 if I had given it any thought. Which I haven't up until this moment.

As long as it wasn't your family that was insulted.
Foofie

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 09:00 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Foofie's posts don't show enough maturity to credit him with being 18 or so. More of a pre-teen I'd have said; an opinionated one at that.

I am a precocious four.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 09:24 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Define "dismiss." I only know I cannot change history.

Show gross indifference to. Delight in the predations of the US. Defend those same predations knowing full well that they are equal to the actions of Hitler and the Nazis.

And yet you frequently make claims [justifiably so] about how bad these actions were.

Quote:
You proselytize your viewpoint, and believe that many that do not share it are lower morally. Very illogical thinking, in my opinion.

That's hardly limited to being solely my viewpoint, Foof. Very illogical response but I've grown accustomed to that from you.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 03:48 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
someone of my age would not have a live mother.

If I were your mother, I'd cut my throat. Having first done yours.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 03:52 pm
@contrex,
Mr. Green

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 04:21 pm
@Foofie,
Your family weren't insulted....you were.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 10:15 pm
@JLNobody,
A good abuzz friend had roots via her husband in Torino. Remind me to pm you about all that.

Oh, and I lightly do, in that a long time friend, an exchange student from Torino to LA, was part of my teen aged life. She and my cousins, whom she ended up staying with, have kept up over the years.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 04:33 pm
On the criterion of Olympic Sporting success - it's apparently Grenada!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/olympic-medals-map-gdp_n_1729090.html

(by population and GDP)