1

How Does The Bible Show That God Is Not The Cause Of Suffering.

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 09:52 am
I view of the violence and suffering being experienced by many, a person may well wonder if God is the cause of it. But, how does the Bible reveal that he is not the cause of the suffering many experience? Even at the hands of those who, under the guize of religion, perpetrate horrible crimes.
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 717 • Replies: 12

dalehileman

-1  
Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2015 11:30 am
@anthony1312002,
It's because, Tony, (a) contrary to popular opinion She cannot do the impossible. Thus to get the humanoid She had to provide a spherical rock with molten core rotating at 1000 mph and orbiting--at 17,000 mph-- a gigantic hydrogen bomb that will eventually burn out; and

(b) given free will of course...

...such suffering, what with crime, volcanoes, disease, etc inevitable

But how the bible confirms this is debatable

AugustineBrother

-1  
Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:37 am
@anthony1312002,
Actually you make 3 errors in how you state that question.

1) Jesus accepted the suffering of humanity as a way to lead us out of it. Suffering ultimately comes from bad behavior so it is our behavior that needs help and Jesus did just that at great cost. So you are wrong to make a separation like that.

2) When you say 'cause' you must realize that there are 4-5 causes. God is not the effective cause of suffering. The Creation was created with NO suffering. If you accept only parts of the Bible you will have to tell us why we should reject Genesis.

3) If the Bible is the Word of God then we have simple declarations that God intends our welfare but -- and here is a serious error -- If it is the Word of God why would you accept only part and call the other into question.
AugustineBrother

-2  
Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2016 07:02 am
@anthony1312002,
God allows as your eyes show -- but 'CAUSES'? You need to establish why that is even plausible. God can bring good from evil, that is the message of the Crucifixion, but one shouldn't invert common sense.

anthony1312002

0  
Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:12 am
@AugustineBrother,
Thank you for response. My apologies if I gave you the impression that I accept only portions of the Bible and reject others. My belief is that what
2 Timothy 3:16 says is true in that: "16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness," Thus the entire Bible is the Word of God and is true.

But that the Scriptures show that the Creator is not responsible for the suffering experienced today is found harmoniously in both the old and the new Testament. For example, in the Old Testament at Deuteronomy 32:4, 5 God inspired Moses to write down the true cause of human suffering while at the same time showing the he is not the cause. Then, in complete harmony with what was stated in Deuteronomy, the Bible books of 1 Corinthians and James both are in agreement with Deuteronomy 32. Please compare Deuteronomy 32:4, 5 with 1 Corinthians 10:13 And James 1:13. Fantastic harmony is found in theses texts.

JehovahLoves

0  
Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2016 07:36 pm
At 1 John 5: 19 it states that "the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." And that wicked one is Satan the Devil.

Revelation 12:9, 12
TomTomBinks

1  
Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2016 07:27 am
@JehovahLoves,
Some JWs came to my door the other day. One of them was a hot young lady called Jocelyn. Do you know her?
Miller

0  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 11:27 am
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

What did this little Chick want?
TomTomBinks

0  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 12:15 pm
@Miller,
I think she wanted my soul...
Miller

0  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 12:16 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Are you sure, it wasn't your wallet that she wanted?
TomTomBinks

1  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 12:20 pm
@Miller,
Maybe, but I didn't let the conversation get that far. Even though she was a hottie I had to send her on her way.
Miller

0  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2016 12:22 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Too bad! She may have a real winner!

JehovahLoves

0  
Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2016 12:48 pm
@anthony1312002,
I know I have replied before, but I have more information from the Bible to share on this topic.
If you have a Bible read Job 34: 10.

God is never the cause of our suffering. Rather , suffering comes from the Devil, from humans who make bad choices, and sometimes from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When we suffer, God is there to support us. He really cares about us.