dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 04:56 pm
@hingehead,
Go Granada!

Wasn't that lovely to see?
hingehead

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2012 05:17 pm
@dlowan,
Grenada! Granada is in Andalucia in Spain. Home of the Alhambra.

I haven't actually looked to see where their medals came from, but isn't it nice to see a country the USA invaded doing so well Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:00 am
In fact, Grenada is an island, and an independent nation, thousands of miles from Spain. It is that Grenada which is referred to in Olympic news.
dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:05 am
@Setanta,
We know. I just got the spelling wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:13 am
Hingehead doesn't seem to know it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:14 am
OK, i see what he was doing.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:09 pm
@Setanta,

Quote:
In fact, Grenada is an island, and an independent nation, thousands of miles from Spain. It is that Grenada which is referred to in Olympic news.

Independent-ish, it is nevertheless part of the British Commonwealth ( its head of State being Queen Elizabeth) but that fact was apparently unknown to the American forces which invaded it in the 1980s.

Or they knew, but they just invaded anyway.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 04:17 pm
@McTag,
I have doubts that Ronald Reagan even knew in which sea or ocean the island was located, Mac.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 06:43 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Do you now?

And they are based on what, your smug and rote assumption that he was stupid?

A typically vacuous comment by a Liberal: Conseratives are stupid!

It may interest (and disappoint) you to know that Granada celebrates the Reagan ordered invasion/liberation of their country.

But then what do those bloody WOGs know?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 07:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't believe I used the word "stupid" even once,Finn. And please don't make blanket assumptions about either my so-called liberalism or my opinion of Conservatives. You can have no knowledge of either.

I admit it was a flip comment. But it's well-known that by this time in history, President Reagan was already suffering from dementia in a fairly advanced stage. His inattention and confusion at press conferences was the stuff that newsmen chuckled over. (Sam Donaldson of ABC almost made a career of commenting on Reagan's alleged drooling and nodding off at times.) I recall a televised press conference the day before the iinvasion during which the Grenada invasion was never alluded to. But Reagan looked thoroughly confused and lost and I remember commenting on it at the time. Later, when the invasion was in full swing we all automatically assumed that his seeming confusion at the press conference had been due to having so much on his mind in re: the forthcoming landing on Gernada. It was only much later, when the truth about his Alzheimer's became known, that I started to revise my opinion on what had caused the less than presidential demeeanor at that press briefing.

The invasion of Gernada was not only a mistake, it was unforgiveable saber-rattling.
JTT

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 08:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
your smug and rote assumption that he was stupid?

The facts tell anyone with half a brain that, Finn. Have someone explain it to you.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 12:45 am
Madagascar...
msolga

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 01:46 am
@mark noble,
Hello, Mark.
Long time no see.
Welcome back!
contrex

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:17 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
It may interest (and disappoint) you to know that Granada celebrates the Reagan ordered invasion/liberation of their country.

What does a Spanish city care about this issue? (Or a Manchester based TV company?) Also, if you wish to be cuttingly ironic towards Brits, the phrase "bloody wogs" fell out of use about 50 years ago, so try to update your stereotype library a bit, there's a good chap.
mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 04:28 am
@msolga,
Cheers Ms, Just popped by for a break from the norm:)
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 10:16 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I don't believe I used the word "stupid" even once, Finn. And please don't make blanket assumptions about either my so-called liberalism or my opinion of Conservatives. You can have no knowledge of either.

I admit it was a flip comment. But it's well-known that by this time in history, President Reagan was already suffering from dementia in a fairly advanced stage. His inattention and confusion at press conferences was the stuff that newsmen chuckled over. (Sam Donaldson of ABC almost made a career of commenting on Reagan's alleged drooling and nodding off at times.) I recall a televised press conference the day before the iinvasion during which the Grenada invasion was never alluded to.
Andy implies that Reagan shud have told them our guys were on the way.
He probably thinks Reagan shud have told the communists
where the pro-freedom American forces were going to land
so that the Reds woud know where
to set up ambushes against us.

Reagan was not another kennedy.
Reagan was LOYAL to America.

Lustig Andrei wrote:
But Reagan looked thoroughly confused and lost and I remember commenting on it at the time. Later, when the invasion was in full swing we all automatically assumed that his seeming confusion at the press conference had been due to having so much on his mind in re: the forthcoming landing on Gernada. It was only much later, when the truth about his Alzheimer's became known, that I started to revise my opinion on what had caused the less than presidential demeeanor at that press briefing.

The invasion of Gernada was not only a mistake, it was unforgiveable saber-rattling.
What a commie-lover!
The concept of human degradation under communist slavery
must inspire u with thrills of felicity, bliss and satisfaction, right Andy ??
Were u broken-hearted, upon the death of communism????
Do the members of your family spit on u when thay see u ?
Do thay throw things at u while expressing their evaluations of u, in your native language ?

Ronald Reagan miraculously, PEACEFULLY caused the end of the 3rd World War
of communist conquest on Christmas Eve of 1991 (during the Bush Administration).

I used to believe that (with American liberal help), the communists woud win that war,
achieving world conquest & unlimited totalitarianism, in fulfillment of Marx's lust.

I used to believe that because of liberal perfidy, communist battle tanks 'd eventually
come rolling down my street, so that I 'd have to shoot my mother in the head
and then give up my own life, killing as many commies as possible.

Ronald Reagan obviated that. It came out better.
Grenada was one battle of the 3rd World War. We won.
We can never thank Reagan enuf.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 10:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The so-called Reds are too intelligent to know that any action by them against the US would have resulted in their total annihilation.

Where do you get your info from? BTW, the Reds are much smarter than you!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 10:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
The so-called Reds are too intelligent to know that any action by them against the US
would have resulted in their total annihilation.

Where do you get your info from? BTW, the Reds are much smarter than you!
That is what YOU wish.
U hold communist slavery in high esteem.
U shud go to live in North Korea; u 'd love it there.

The communists were smart enuf to lose the war.

We won. U and your communist friends LOST!
That is your definition of intelligence.

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 11:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You wrote,
Quote:
U hold communist slavery in high esteem.
U shud go to live in North Korea; u 'd love it there.

The communists were smart enuf to lose the war.

Show me where and when I "hold communist slavery in high esteem?"
You can't.

Why should I go live in N Korea? I'm 77 years old, and have lived a very good life right here in the US of A. My working career was short by normal standards, and I have traveled to over 170 countries. What have you done?

If you have the hots for N Korea, and that is that your wish? Go ahead! It'll fit your personality.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2012 12:27 pm
wow, Is worse than I thought...
0 Replies