Obama wins!!! Obama Care is legal!!!

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You mean, they tax property, but not your checking account and that proves a property tax isn't a wealth tax. Interesting idea on several levels.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:17 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

You mean, they tax property, but not your checking account and that proves a property tax isn't a wealth tax. Interesting idea on several levels.

Sure, in large part because the value of property - and the taxes it is subject to - is a highly variable thing. But the million dollars in your account is always a million bucks.

Read for yourself -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_tax

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The "liberal meme" you talk about are based on facts, not fiction. But then, most conservatives don't understand the difference.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Baldimo fails to understand the conflict he argues under; why big money controls our government to get all the deals, while the likes of billionaire Buffett pays less tax rate than does his secretary.

Total ignorance. There's no cure for st.....
roger

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 01:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Buffet, of course, would increase his own rate on earned income, while exempting dividends and capital gains. Guess who comes out the real winner, here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 02:23 pm
@roger,
Show me where Buffett
Quote:
would increase his own rate on earned income, while exempting dividends and capital gains.

Please provide a reliable source for your claim that he has advocated to reduce taxes on dividends and capital gains.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 02:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Yup. He is basically getting paid by you and I to own his horse. There's no real difference between that and paying for some guy's life in the ghetto.

He's not getting paid, he's keep his money that he made as a write off. The guy in the ghetto doesn't work, but gets money anyways, there is a difference. This is where you are twised, you think their money is the govt's money. It isn't and never was.

Quote:
But, it's not based off of money he makes. It's him manipulating the system to claim a business loss.

Your telling me the taxes he pay's is not based off the money he makes?

Quote:
That's basically what happened here with Romney. You are simply splitting hairs, because you like one guy who manipulates the system to get free money and don't like the other guy.

I'm not splitting hairs, you are. You seem to think people using tax write off's is the same as welfare. In your mind they might be the same, but in real life they are not the same. In real life people work and earn their money whether it is physical work, or investing the money they have, where welfare is used for those that don't work and expect the govt to provide for them.

parados

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 03:01 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

He's not getting paid, he's keep his money that he made as a write off. The guy in the ghetto doesn't work, but gets money anyways, there is a difference.

Which guy are you talking about? Can we see his tax returns to know this isn't just some fantasy of yours?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 03:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
where welfare is used for those that don't work and expect the govt to provide for them.

Oh, you mean like retirees, the unemployed that collect unemployment, and those on military pensions?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 03:28 pm
@parados,
parados, Don't ya know? Conservatives do not collect social security, is never on MediCare, or were never unemployed.

Gee, what kind of paradise do they live in?
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 04:09 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BBB says, "The 5-4 majority opinion, written by Chief Justice John Roberts, upheld the mandate as a tax"

Incorrect, Roberts said the penalty is Constitutional under Congress' taxing power, which is not saying it's a tax which it's not
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 05:04 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Oh, you mean like retirees, the unemployed that collect unemployment, and those on military pensions?

None of the things you listed are welfare. Retirement, and military pensions are all earned. Welfare is not.

I might argue unemployment used to not be welfare due to people paying into as they were working, but Obama has turned it into welfare. People are now getting unemployment above what they and their ex-employer paid into the system. It is now a govt handout.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 05:20 pm
@Baldimo,
Is that anything like the billions we "give" to other countries? Is that welfare too?

In other words, do you control what our government does?

Most "developed" countries have better social services provided to their citizens than does the US. They have learned that when everybody benefits, rich, poor, and the middle class, everybody benefits.

That's also been proven here in the US when everybody got an education and other benefits, and our country became the superpower of this world.

Conservatives are hell-bent to destroy that American dream.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 06:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
[url]s that anything like the billions we "give" to other countries? Is that welfare too? [/url]

I see it as a form of welfare.

Quote:
Most "developed" countries have better social services provided to their citizens than does the US. They have learned that when everybody benefits, rich, poor, and the middle class, everybody benefits.

Really? Tell me about how Europe is doing right now and the money issues they are having.

Quote:
That's also been proven here in the US when everybody got an education and other benefits, and our country became the superpower of this world.

Our country wasn't built on welfare, it was built by people working and improving the country. You can not build a nation on welfare handouts.

Quote:
Conservatives are hell-bent to destroy that American dream.

LOL!!! Does the American dream consist of people receiving handouts, or of people working their way up the ladder of success? Getting an education and starting a job, or even inventing their own product. Millions have been made by such people and our country wouldn't be were it was if we didn't have people willing to work their way up from where they started.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 07:40 pm
@Baldimo,
You:
Quote:
Really? Tell me about how Europe is doing right now and the money issues they are having.

Me: Yes, really! The poorest of Europe's countries are better off than most other continents and countries.

You:
Quote:
Our country wasn't built on welfare, it was built by people working and improving the country. You can not build a nation on welfare handouts.

Me: You're dumber than I thought. Our country was built on so-called welfare of "almost free education," and other financial assistance. Our country spent money on social services, infrastructure, communication, science, education, and welfare.

Our mother raised four children on welfare. We paid back in taxes many times over to help other citizens of this country with the same benefits we received. My older brother was an attorney and Administrative Judge in California. My younger brother was an ophthalmologist and politician who served two terms in the California state legislature, and was mayor of his town. My sister was an nurse, and raised four children. The two oldest are physicians, the third son is a dentist, and her daughter has a PhD in Chemistry. Both our sons graduated college with honors.

You:
Quote:
LOL!!! Does the American dream consist of people receiving handouts, or of people working their way up the ladder of success? Getting an education and starting a job, or even inventing their own product. Millions have been made by such people and our country wouldn't be were it was if we didn't have people willing to work their way up from where they started.

Me: That's because of many handicaps and discrimination suffered by those who did not have the right environment in which they had the advantages and opportunities. You probably don't understand American history or even current events to understand the social handicaps of many minorities in this country. If you have studied US history, you would understand that most cultures were discriminated against - even whites against whites.

Not 100% of Americans can work their way up the "ladder of success" as you describe it. Those qualities are subjective at best, and ignorance at its worst.
Not many people have the ability or skills to "invent their own products for success." I'm sure you have inventors in your family.

FACT: In today's world, even college educated Americans are having difficulty finding jobs. That you have the notion that opportunities for success today is the same as our generation just proves your ignorance.

FACT: College education today is beyond the reach of most middle class Americans because of the higher cost, and the majority take out student loans to attend college.

FACT: You still think like the ignoramus that you are; today's environment is not the same as it was two decades ago.

FACT: There's no cure for stupid people like you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 08:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From npr.org.

Quote:
March 29, 2010
Getting a degree in down times can be a liability for some who can't find jobs and have massive loans.

The conventional wisdom that getting a degree helps your career is not quite panning out for Shana Berenzweig.

The 33-year-old quit her job at the Texas Medical Association to get a master's in public administration at New York University. She worked part time, graduated nearly two years ago and moved back to Austin, Texas. So far, she hasn't been able to find a job.

From mlive.com.
Quote:
85 percent of college grads move back to their parents' house because they can't find jobs
Published: Thursday, October 14, 2010, 11:15 AM
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
You know why I love you edgar?

Because you're so predictable.

Like Rockhead you enjoy throwing darts at me until one in return pricks your thin skin; and then it's "**** off!"

Pardon me ed but "I've not yet begun to fight!" seems to imply that it will make a difference when you do.

Of course it won't at all here in Texas, but then maybe when you finally decide to enter the fray with all your might (emboldened from afar by snood), you just may be able to transfer your loathing of your home state to a few of your neighbors; taking the Texas out of your fellow Texans so to say.

I bet if you write to the Obama Campaign, they will make you the Texas Captain of the re-election endeavor.

To think, all it took to move you from a principled progressive stand to the ranks of O-Cheerleaders was a flimsy assurance that Obama is going to take the Bush tax cuts away from The Rich.

I didn't realize you were such a Class Warrior edgar.

I thought maybe that your conversion might require an assurance that Obama would stop playing God with drones or pull back, tomorrow, all troops from Afghanistan.

Or at least that he would forgo taking millions in campaign contributions from The Rich you so despise, close Gitmo, and pledge his second term to engineering a Single Payer Health Care System.

At least you might have made the price of your volunteering to serve in the O-Army his making good on his promise to bankrupt the coal industry, let alone stop the rising of the seas.

Your zeal comes pretty cheap edgar, and it's price is steeped in envy.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:35 pm
@parados,
"...Yawn..."

A response by the befuddled who are caught with their pants down and can't even manage to construct a screen.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 11:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
if you were any more full of ****, you would bust open like a Piñata and be devoured by flies.

you internet warrior you...

Rolling Eyes
snood

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 11:53 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

if you were any more full of ****, you would bust open like a Piñata and be devoured by flies.

you internet warrior you...

Rolling Eyes

He does talk tough, doesn't he?
0 Replies