Prostitution, or good sense?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:40 pm
@chai2,
I guess I'm too old now, and also ran around in the "wrong" circle of friends. Mr. Green Mr. Green
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Count me in! I am out of the dating loop for a long time, and I have no idea what women do these days in order to get some spare change. Most of my friends are married, so we socialize in groups.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 09:22 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeah, I guess our social circle is a little unique in that all of us knew each other when we were all single. Even though I travel often without my wife, I don't "fool around" sexually with other friends or acquaintances. My wife has met many of the people I have traveled with over the years. When my wife joined me on the National Parks and Canyons tour last month, she met the Tour Director I had in Australia 15 years ago. One of the first people my wife met that I traveled with was many decades ago when I went to Egypt for the first time. I met a judge and law professor from Utah, and they have visited us twice to spend some time together. On one occasion, we took them to Napa Valley's wine country. There were others she has met such as McTag, Fiona, Walter, Ulla, and several others not members of a2k.

However, when I was single....
ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 09:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've met Mrs. CI. She has his number..
We all met in '04.

Well, maybe we didn't talk long enough.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 05:41 am
@chai2,
Quote:
I guess that's part of me being unsentimental. To me a vagina holds no more importance than some other non-essential body part. I don't want to get physically hurt there, that would be bad, but it's just an opening for God's sake.

I don't know about that. My last post kind of hung me up all day. I have been pondering this for a while now.

I do believe that men see a woman that accepts money for sex as a prostitute. I wonder if he would treat a girl he was going to take out for a nice dinner and a movie the same if she just asked him for the money instead and they would just have sex and be done? Seems to me, that may change his perspective of her. And I have to wonder if she would feel the same about herself after it was all over? I can't imagine it wouldn't affect you emotionally somehow.

I think too many of us are rigged differently than to think sex for money is okay. I tend to think I would think less of myself too. Heaven forbid I ever get to the point where I need money bad enough to change my fundamental standards to think that is a good idea.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 06:02 am
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
I can never consider a women or a man being a prostitute ever as a good sense. Objectifying individuals for means to an end, is not a "good feeling." I wouldn't be surprised to hear that current prostitutes or wealthy /affluent ex-prostitutes who has come up the social ladder, if they said "No" to the question asked: if you were to go back in to your past at the moment you contracted yourself, voluntarily or forcefully, to be a prostitute, would you have done it if you were given an alternative job that payed as well as a prostitute?

Prostitute is a short term slavery, one could say, and it doesn't make good sense at all. It is a toil out of deplorable circumstances...

This is nonesense. There is nothing wrong with two people reaching an agreement where one person pays another for their services.

Last week I paid a woman to cut my hair. We had an agreed amount and she spent 20 minutes working at my whim. She even complied when I requested she trim my rather bushy eyebrows. It wasn't slavery, it was a mutually beneficial agreement where I got services I valued and she got money.

People get so hung up about sex. But, as long as both people are free to choose and there is a fair exchange where both people benefit than there is no problem.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 06:03 am
cj and ci, I'm not talking about a circle of friends.....I'm not talking about what women do today in dating.

I have no idea. I've been married 18 years, I guess that counts me in as out of the loop.

Why would anyone consider another one as running in a "wrong circle" because of what they do behind closed doors?

When I say I heard things that surprised me I'm not talking about only a certain type of person.

It could have been your grandma telling me this, or you aunty, mother, sister, closest friend. Doesn't have to be about what they did yesterday, or if it was in the farther past, that they regret anything.

The circle of friends I have are absolutely no different than yours are jane. Unless you can get into someone else's brain, you can never be sure what they are thinking, or what they've done.

Maybe you don't know what some of your closest friends/relatives have done, because they know you wouldn't approve, so don't bother to let you in on that part of their lives.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 08:52 am
@chai2,
I am sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you have friends that think in terms of prostituting themselves, it didn't even enter my mind. I just mentioned that I haven't come across these things in my circle of friends - we're all boring couples with teenagers who rob us of our last nerves. Also, everyone works and has their own rather good income, so I couldn't possibly imagine that any of my female friends could have resorted to such methods when they were single.

Whatever else they do behind closed doors, who cares!
Val Killmore

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 10:46 am
@CalamityJane,
I think chai2 maybe confusing a slut with prostitute...
Since the money from movie theater ticket and dinner given directly as cash will not even last them a week with the inflated prices on goods and services in America today.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:06 am
@CalamityJane,
I didn't know I implied anyone ran around in any social circle that participated in such activities. Please show me when and how I did such a thing?
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:21 am
@cicerone imposter,
Neither did I, cicerone! Chai felt we did, I guess!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:23 am
@CalamityJane,
I don't enjoy being accused of a "crime" I didn't commit. When I do something wrong, I usually apologize.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
No you don't Laughing
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:41 am
@CalamityJane,
I didn't take it that way at all cj.

But, how do you know what people who are in your close circle of friends do that you don't know about?

I'm not talking now specifically about prostitution, but really, how do you know what people, even those you are close to do when they're either not with you, or engaging in activities you know they do?

Also, I'm not getting cj, the connection of your travel, what kind of people you meet on your sojurns, and what that has to do with what they do or don't do when you're around?

When I mentioned learning some things about people when they decided to let me in on their lives, or rather, let me in on what they wanted to tell me at that moment, it could just have well been you, or ci, or anyone else.

Actually, this one women who told me something really, well, not so much shocking, more like "you? I'd never have believed it" is someone that, personality wise, reminds me a LOT of mismi.

Now, I like mismi, I respect her very much, I'm not saying anything about her personally, saying she must be like so and so.
But seriously, you don't know what goes on with people. You really don't.

People don't walk around with signs on them saying "I like group sex" or anything like that.
In fact, I've met people that on the surface you'd be positive they would sleep with anything, but were actually very conservative and reserved.

You can't judge a book by its cover, as the saying goes.
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:52 am
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:

I think chai2 maybe confusing a slut with prostitute...
Since the money from movie theater ticket and dinner given directly as cash will not even last them a week with the inflated prices on goods and services in America today.

and what's wrong with being a slut?

I've known equally nice and good sluts and virgins.

I've known really unpleasant sluts and virgins too.

I think you're confused that I haven't already said several times this has nothing to with a full time profession that solely supports a person, or just getting some money for what they were going to do anyway?

Did someone actually say that the money gotten was supposed to last a specific amount of time? If there was, it wasn't me.

In fact, I guess I haven't said this already, but I've the feeling many many women do this as a sideline. They have a regular job, but like the extra money.

Lot's of people have 2nd jobs. What makes having sex with someone for extra money any worse than going down to a part time job at Macy's or the plastic mold injection factory and having somone tell you what to do all day, for some pocket money?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 11:54 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Also, I'm not getting cj, the connection of your travel, what kind of people you meet on your sojurns, and what that has to do with what they do or don't do when you're around?

What travel? I didn't say anything about traveling - that was cicerone, not me!

I don't know what my friends do when I am not around, Chai, I said I don't care, but for sure won't they prostitute themselves as they're financially secure, the question of "can you give me the money for dinner and movies, I'll have sex with you anyway" doesn't come up for sure.

Even at an younger age, it never entered my mind, since we usually split the bill (Germany) when going out on a date.
mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 12:48 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Now, I like mismi, I respect her very much, I'm not saying anything about her personally, saying she must be like so and so.
But seriously, you don't know what goes on with people. You really don't.

First I thank you. Smile

Next - I think you are right. I am probably more sheltered than prudish. I would probably be shocked at what most people actually believe. Less so now than a few years ago though.
Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 12:59 pm
@mismi,
One of the central problems with "belief communities," where it's religious, political or merely social, is that the members assume that the others in the community think as they do themselves. If the members of any such community were able to canvass all of the articles of their belief with the other members, they would very likely not only be surprised, but probably shocked. That goes for all of us, not just the butter wouldn't melt crowd.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 01:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
I wrote,
Quote:
When I do something wrong, I usually apologize.

I determine what I do wrong. Mr. Green
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Jun, 2012 03:46 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
That goes for all of us, not just the butter wouldn't melt crowd

I agree. I do think that most of us hide what we really think about things because of fear of what others would think. So no wonder most of us would be shocked.

0 Replies