Prostitution, or good sense?

mismi

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:26 pm
@chai2,
Quote:

I'm not talking about a woman who decides to pick up prostitution as a full time profession. More of someone taking advantage of an opportunity, figuring "I was gonna have sex with him anyway, why not just take what he was going to spend on me anyway, in the form of cash?"

I was just going by your first post - and I suppose the title of the thread. I suppose I was just trying to clarify my own position. I think it's prostitution and I am just not capable of doing that - yet. I suppose one should never say never.

Quote:
First, let me say this to ehBeth, mismi, or anyone else who has brought it up.

Yeah, it's prostitutution. So what?

Okay - so it's prostitution that makes good sense for the person that decides to do it. It is still selling goods. If that is what a person has to do to make ends meet then so be it. Heck - if a woman wants to just tell the guy," I'd rather just do you for the money than go out to eat with you", that is certainly her perogative.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:29 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hey, mark this day, I agree with Finn re the choice aspect for the average prostitute. No, not all. And I don't think the thread is a farce, it was an interesting question.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:29 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

First, let me say this to ehBeth, mismi, or anyone else who has brought it up.

Yeah, it's prostitutution. So what?

your thread title is "prostitution, or good sense?"

the answer to the question as laid out in your OP scenario is that sex for money is prostitution

people who have sex for money are prostitutes

~~~

as long as everyone is clear they're prostitutes, I'm with you on the so what
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:32 pm
@ehBeth,
Sometimes being a prostitute could be good sense. In the scenerio I described, I'd say it's not only good sense, it's being treated fairly.

Now taking into considerations how they are treated nowadays, I wouldn't say it's common, it being good sense.

But why is that?

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:36 pm
@chai2,
You asked for "thoughts". You're getting them.

Prostitution. Nothing pretty or tasteful or sensible about it. It's just prostitution.
Val Killmore

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:44 pm
@chai2,
I can never consider a women or a man being a prostitute ever as a good sense. Objectifying individuals for means to an end, is not a "good feeling." I wouldn't be surprised to hear that current prostitutes or wealthy /affluent ex-prostitutes who has come up the social ladder, if they said "No" to the question asked: if you were to go back in to your past at the moment you contracted yourself, voluntarily or forcefully, to be a prostitute, would you have done it if you were given an alternative job that payed as well as a prostitute?

Prostitute is a short term slavery, one could say, and it doesn't make good sense at all. It is a toil out of deplorable circumstances...
Thomas

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:51 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
What's wrong intrinsically with being a prostitute? Take out the the well known occupational hazards of today, drug addiction, abusive pimps, and what in the world is wrong with selling sex?

Nothing. But then, in your initial post, why did you make a point of saying this is not what you're talking about?
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:58 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You asked for "thoughts". You're getting them.

Prostitution. Nothing pretty or tasteful or sensible about it. It's just prostitution.

Oh, I do appreciate your thoughts, really.

I never said prostitution was pretty, glamorous or anything else.

But, I don't think it's automatically horrible.

I certainly don't think of the people who do it as automatically horrible, or that they are always objectifiying themselves.

No more than I think that someone in another profession exists just to be an object for others.

Some people treat waitress like objects, they are basically slaves too then. They perform like they like the customer, when perhaps they couldn't care less. Other people treat wait staff just fine, but perhaps the server doesn't care about them either, maybe they do.

I understand that many, most women end up being a prostitute because of past abuse, drugs, etc etc.

I'm just as sure there are many people, prostitutes or not, who are mentally healthy and just simply don't make a big deal over a penis going into a vagina.

One body part into another, I mean really, big deal.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:03 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

chai2 wrote:
What's wrong intrinsically with being a prostitute? Take out the the well known occupational hazards of today, drug addiction, abusive pimps, and what in the world is wrong with selling sex?

Nothing. But then, in your initial post, why did you make a point of saying this is not what you're talking about?

What I said was....I'm not talking about a woman who decides to pick up prostitution as a full time profession. More of someone taking advantage of an opportunity, figuring "I was gonna have sex with him anyway, why not just take what he was going to spend on me anyway, in the form of cash?"

That's not saying it's not prostitution.

Hell, a person can do it full time if they want. My OP was in wondering why this didn't happen more openly, as it must be happening on a not that rare basis.
Women do it all the time for a lousy dinner, same difference.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:09 pm
@chai2,
What you describe might happen, but I doubt very much most women even contemplate such a thing - even amongst the younger generation.

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:12 pm
Aside, reading my last couple of posts makes me remember how squeamish people are about stuff that isn't really much of anything.

I'd worked w/ nurses for instance for so long, I'd get surpised, actually annoyed at people who'd get all prissy and sensitive about saying the word vomit, like it was some unbelievably horrendous thing.

But, everyone vomits sometime, so what?

Love is fine, passion for another wonderful, but what exactly is the big deal about putting one body part in another?

I guess that's part of me being unsentimental. To me a vagina holds no more importance than some other non-essential body part. I don't want to get physically hurt there, that would be bad, but it's just an opening for God's sake.

I don't want to get my hand stomped on either, but I'd pick up some oogy stuff if it wasn't going to hurt me.
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:17 pm
@chai2,
You know what I think is a really gross thing to do to a vagina?

Putting syringes and stuff up there to get pregnant. That is so unnecessary. Yet, ladies do it all the time, and talk about it with whoever they can get to listen.

Yuck.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:25 pm
@chai2,
I guess it's your cooch, you get to do with it whatever you want.

I try not to judge other folks for what they do with theirs. or to get inside of one...

folks trying to get pregnant is a whole 'nother dogfight I would guess...
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Very true,

But, as long as we were sharing thoughts.....
Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:27 pm
@chai2,
I leave some of mine be so they will grow bigger...
chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:30 pm
@Rockhead,
You're telling me to shut up, aren't you?

Can't fool me.

Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:31 pm
@chai2,
I would never...

you step in whatever you please.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:31 pm
@chai2,
so rocky, what do you think of uranus as a whole?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:32 pm
@chai2,
I try to keep it clean, but mostly in case I die suddenly and someone else has to see it.

or do you mean the gassy planet?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What you describe might happen, but I doubt very much most women even contemplate such a thing - even amongst the younger generation.

I contemplated it when I started this thread. I'm not unique.

I have had women tell me things they have not only contemplated, but done that absolutely floored me.

Thing is, most of them have been these wholesome looking, clear skinned bright eyed women who live totally normal lives. Strangest part is they tell you with the same tone that they would say, "pass the salt please."