And he too is a Chicken Hawk.

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 08:43 pm
I think you are forgetting that pundits are paid to ask questions.

Joe(even stupid ones like is he black enough?)Nation
snood

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 09:10 pm
Jumpin' Jehosophat. I got no words...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 01:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
With all due respect, JTT, this thread is about something entirely different. If you want to discuss with me the various prevarications and postures made during the Viet Nam Era, start a new thread. You'll be surprised to find some agreement between us.

Rickoshay started a thread, Joe.

Vietnam war starts with military instrutors---

http://able2know.org/topic/192245-1#post-5016110
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 08:45 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

I think you are forgetting that pundits are paid to ask questions.

Joe(even stupid ones like is he black enough?)Nation

I was not saying that was the political pundits' question, but the question they heard the African-American community asking. It was not a stupid question, in my opinion, since it did not refer to the candidate's genome in the literal interpretation of the question, but as a colloquial way to question whether the candidate really can understand the African-American experience in its TOTALITY, possibly because the candidate had no one in his family that suffered under slavery in the US, the Jim Crow South, or the urban ghetto experience.

In my own opinion, President Obama got "a pass" as an authentic African-American, since he was a Democrat, and his concerns appeared (during the campaign) to mirror the concerns of the African-American community. In my opinion, candidate Obama was (of) African (descent) and American, not African-American. The lack of that hyphen is consequential, in my opinion.

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:26 am
@Foofie,
You're full of ****, Miller . . . as the average Soviet used to say, there's no news in the truth, and no truth in the news.
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 09:37 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You're full of ****, Miller . . . as the average Soviet used to say, there's no news in the truth, and no truth in the news.

You are not proving my thoughts invalid. You are just reacting in an adhominem manner.
Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:03 am
@Foofie,
I have no interest in proving the alleged thoughts of sock puppets to be invalid.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:11 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
In my opinion, candidate Obama was (of) African (descent) and American, not African-American. The lack of that hyphen is consequential, in my opinion.

So, you want someone to prove that your opinion about the use of a hyphen would be more consequential than it not being used?

Let me provide a second opinion. You are an idiot.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:13 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I have no interest in proving the alleged thoughts of sock puppets to be invalid.

Are we no longer keeping up the pretense that these are two different people?

Cycloptichorn
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Cycloptichorn

What are you saying?
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 10:59 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
In my opinion, candidate Obama was (of) African (descent) and American, not African-American. The lack of that hyphen is consequential, in my opinion.

So, you want someone to prove that your opinion about the use of a hyphen would be more consequential than it not being used?

Let me provide a second opinion. You are an idiot.

The correctness of the hyphen connotes a different ethnicity. It denotes American of a specific "descent." However, using the word "and" to connect two different nationalities, connotes a person might be American, but one side of the lineage is foreign and never attempted to assimilate into the American identity. Just my opinion.

If you call me an "idiot," it should be Idiot-American! Only WASP's can be plain "idiots," without a hyphen, in my opinion.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:04 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Cycloptichorn

What are you saying?

Snort

Cycloptichorn
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:09 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Cycloptichorn

What are you saying?

Snort

Cycloptichorn

You want me to read Animal Farm?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:11 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm not.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 11:17 am
@Foofie,
Wow. So you are contending that your use of the hyphen is what a group of people you are not a part of and know nothing about is actually concerned about?

No, you aren't an idiot. You are a super-sized-idiot. (The inclusion of the hyphen is consequential in it's use because you aren't just a super sized idiot.)
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:42 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Wow. So you are contending that your use of the hyphen is what a group of people you are not a part of and know nothing about is actually concerned about?

No, you aren't an idiot. You are a super-sized-idiot. (The inclusion of the hyphen is consequential in it's use because you aren't just a super sized idiot.)

And, why would I not know about another group of people? Perhaps, I have studied other groups in their native habitat? You never took a sociology course? The whole purpose of sociology is to learn why society is the way it is, apart from one's own place in society.

But, let's not discuss. You have your opinion. I have my opinion.
Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 12:43 pm
@Foofie,
No, you have Miller's version of a racist bigot Jew's opinion.
Foofie

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 01:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, you have Miller's version of a racist bigot Jew's opinion.

You have ascribed to me the pejorative of being a "racist bigot." I believe many are racist bigots to one degree or another; otherwise, we wouldn't care if our children married someone in another respective race/religion, etc. Many also socialize in a fairly constricted manner with those in our religion, or proximity, or some other criterion that reflects similarity.

As you know NYC, it is a diverse city of people ignoring those that are "different." I am just quite honest in a New York way, perhaps, in being vocal about our differences. Some of those differences are fairly offensive or distasteful to others. So, we live in constricted existences, associating with minimum people. As you know, the (secular) Jews and Italians in NYC are able to maintain friendships from my generation. However, if we research the bonding between ethnic groups, I believe we find that the Italian that has Irish friends, would not necessarily have Jewish friends. There seems to be a wide chasm between Jews and Irish in NYC that goes back to the 19th century? It is just the social history of NYC. There are African-Americans that have Hispanic friends, and African-Americans that only have African-American friends. It really reflects the nuances of being a New Yorker.

There are even life style nuances too. Gays that associate in an all gay milieu, and gays that have all sorts of friends. And vice-versa for heteros.

Why this need to label someone that discriminates in their preferred associations as a racist bigot? It is as natural as a duck swimming in NYC.

I mean really, would some guy with five tatoos on his arms, calves, and back want to be friends with me, some little Jew Boy, perhaps, in his eyes. He is not a racist bigot. He just lives in a world that values people with his interests, and that may be part of his image with five tatoos?

I think New Yorkers, being cosmopolitan just do not usually stand in judgement, since the only way for this diverse city to live in peace is not to stand in judgement. Have a pleasant day.
Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 01:20 pm
@Foofie,
Blah, blah, blah . . . everyone's tired of your racist caricature sock puppet, Miller . . . you're not fooling anyone.
parados

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 01:21 pm
@Foofie,
One small problem Foofie. Or in your case it's a big problem. Attributing a worry to a group that the group doesn't worry about is not sociology.

There is no evidence that the african american community is worried that Obama is a African American as opposed to an African-American. That is your canard and has nothing to do with them. Your opinion is based on nothing but your racist opinion.