And he too is a Chicken Hawk.

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 01:54 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
He wasn't a wasp though.. only an irish catholic. We already know what racist thoughts old foof has towards that group..

What an interesting world he must live in, so according to the Foof, the Catholics were to blame for the Holocaust with the WASP (let's spell that out) White Anglo Saxon Protestants were the bastions of Americana.
Funny thing that neither Catholics nor Jews could get into any New York City Business Club throughout the 1800s to the mid 1900s because while the Irish ran the city, the WASPs ran the economy. The Jews made Schmatta.

Joe(racists are funny)Nation
RABEL222

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 02:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
You know that Foof is Jewish. Jews cant be racist because of the Holocaust. Get real Joe!
Ragman

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 02:44 pm
@RABEL222,
Why not, pray tell? As a Jew, I'm quite sad to report that I've known far too many that are. Though, personally, I never see certain member posts so I can only comment about that as a generality.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 02:53 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You know that Foof is Jewish. Jews cant be racist because of the Holocaust. Get real Joe!

I need to keep a list:
who can't be a racist~~~
Victims of Racist Oppression
<this list is not complete>
The Irish
The Russians
The Poles
The Armenians
The Latvians
The African-Americans
The Native Americans
The Chinese who came to America
The Japanese who came to America
The Spanish under Franco
The Palestinians
The Kurds
The Shi'a
The Ba'hai
The Croatians
The Bosnian Serbs
All the Cambodians
All the Laotians
East Germans
All of North Korea's people
The Mormons
The Catholics
The Italians who came to America
The Greeks who came to America
The Cubans
The People of Haiti
The Argentinians
The Hawaiians
The Gypsies

and
absolutely
The Jews.

Joe(all unique- what a world)Nation

JTT

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I need a new c.v.

Include in it that you are more than willing to napalm villages, engage in all manner of torture like cutting women's breasts off, bomb innocents, invade sovereign countries, etc and you'll be a shoo in for prez, Repub or Dem.
Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:07 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

DUH What about Kennedy??

Jacqueline Lee Bouvier was born in Southampton, New York, to Wall Street stock broker John Vernou Bouvier III (also known as 'Black Jack Bouvier') and Janet Norton Lee.

Now what, Mr. Foofie......have the Hamptons been removed from the USA??. I must alert the riders on the weekend jitney. http://hamptonjitney.com/cgi-bin/nav.cgi?page=home.html

Joe(they'll need a visa)Nation

Shows you how poorly I follow the news. I always thought she was played up to be French? Or, at least her roots?

Doesn't matter; I don't appreciate anything French, especially crepe suzettes which are really blintzes.
Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:10 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
hat has the panache, if you will, of a family that came here (and stayed here) at least earlier than my own.

So, you are voting for Obama then? Because his family on his mother's side goes back to the mid 1800s. While Romney's family was NOT in the US but fled to Mexico to avoid US laws from about 1895 to 1912.

No. I am not voting for Obama, since I vote Republican in national elections. Plain and simple. I do not care for the Democratic party as it has evolved. I prefer to have a party in power that subscribes to American Exceptionalism, whether or not its members find my presence palatable. I have a high tolerance for ambiguity.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:11 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

He wasn't a wasp though.. only an irish catholic. We already know what racist thoughts old foof has towards that group..

Nothing against Irish. They would make good WASP's, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

foofie has already established that Mexico is part of the US...

welcome to the circus.

Don't confuse my wishful thinking with reality.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:14 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Shows you how poorly I follow the news.

I think that it highlights just how ignorant and parochial you are, Foofie.
Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:22 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Quote:

What an interesting world he must live in, so according to the Foof, the Catholics were to blame for the Holocaust with the WASP (let's spell that out) White Anglo Saxon Protestants were the bastions of Americana.
Funny thing that neither Catholics nor Jews could get into any New York City Business Club throughout the 1800s to the mid 1900s because while the Irish ran the city, the WASPs ran the economy. The Jews made Schmatta.

Joe(racists are funny)Nation

A schmatta is a rag. So when a woman shows up in an old dress, she might be asked where she got the lovely schmatta. You likely meant "bubkas." That means "chicken feed."

So, when a Jewish child works 80 hours a week and tells his/her parents that he is doing very well, the parents might respond that for that many hours he/she is making bubkas.

Catholics are not to blame for the Holocaust. However, it was the Catholic Church that proselytized the Jew as an outsider, and therefore in the mind of the European for two millenia became expendable. So, when the Nazis got the bright idea to get rid of Jews, many people learned their lesson of two millenia, and accepted these expendable people getting hunted. Also, in Catholic countries, Jews had few rights prior to the Enlightment, which seems to have correlated to the Reformation?

Anyway, I just cannot be comfortable with a version of Christianity that wants to replace the Israelite's Covenant with God, just because a Jew was chosen to bring a message to other Jews. Also, I cannot be comfortable with big organizations that hold meetings behind closed doors, and issues proclamations as needed. For that we have governments. Hey, perhaps the Vatican is a government? It is in the UN.
Ceili

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 07:35 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Anyway, I just cannot be comfortable with a version of Christianity that wants to replace the Israelite's Covenant with God, just because a Jew was chosen to bring a message to other Jews.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. For 800 years, WASPs tried to beat, starve, forcibly remove the catholic out of the Irish... and then you say this. You are a racist hypocrite.
Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:00 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Racist? I only said that in my opinion I do not care for the Catholic Church as an organization that does not subscribe to American Exceptionalism, as WASP America does. How is that racist?

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:03 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Why not, pray tell? As a Jew, I'm quite sad to report that I've known far too many that are. Though, personally, I never see certain member posts so I can only comment about that as a generality.

You mean that for all the Christians that think that Judaism is an "incomplete faith" one Jew (myself) must believe that Christianity has not proselytized anti-Semitism. Forget the Holocaust. Catholic Europe was proselytizing anti-Semitism for two millenia. And now I am supposed to say what a great church it is?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Quote:

I need to keep a list:
who can't be a racist~~~
Victims of Racist Oppression
<this list is not complete>
The Irish
The Russians
The Poles
The Armenians
The Latvians
The African-Americans
The Native Americans
The Chinese who came to America
The Japanese who came to America
The Spanish under Franco
The Palestinians
The Kurds
The Shi'a
The Ba'hai
The Croatians
The Bosnian Serbs
All the Cambodians
All the Laotians
East Germans
All of North Korea's people
The Mormons
The Catholics
The Italians who came to America
The Greeks who came to America
The Cubans
The People of Haiti
The Argentinians
The Hawaiians
The Gypsies

and
absolutely
The Jews.

Joe(all unique- what a world)Nation

How do you conclude that my discomfort with the Catholic Church equates to racism? A church is not a person?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:06 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I need a new c.v.

Include in it that you are more than willing to napalm villages, engage in all manner of torture like cutting women's breasts off, bomb innocents, invade sovereign countries, etc and you'll be a shoo in for prez, Repub or Dem.

No one can accuse you of attention deficit disorder. You maintain your focus through fog, smog, and other topics.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Shows you how poorly I follow the news.

I think that it highlights just how ignorant and parochial you are, Foofie.

It is that parochial thinking that allows me to see the world for what it is. Ignorant? On some things, yes.
Ceili

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:10 pm
@Foofie,

Racist? I only said that in my opinion I do not care for the Catholic Church as an organization that does not subscribe to as WASP America does. How is that racist?

[/quote]

Mind explaining WTF American Exceptionalism is. Because if you subscribe to it or you somehow think you are a shining example of it, the USA has very low standards.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:13 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
an organization that does not subscribe to American Exceptionalism, as WASP America does. How is that racist?

do you know who/what the Saxons are?
Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 08:18 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Anyway, I just cannot be comfortable with a version of Christianity that wants to replace the Israelite's Covenant with God, just because a Jew was chosen to bring a message to other Jews.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. For 800 years, WASPs tried to beat, starve, forcibly remove the catholic out of the Irish... and then you say this. You are a racist hypocrite.

Why am I racist? Irish are Celts. Jews are Hebrews. Why must I empathize with the plight of Celts? I wish them no harm; however, if the Anglo-Saxons have/are nicer to Hebrews, why should I not accept their hospitality? Just because they were not nice to Celts? That is not racist. That is just not empathizing with the historical plight of Celts. Oh yes, I was once told by a Celt that the lights were left on in Ireland, at night during WWII, to mark the way to England for guess whose Air Force. That is anecdotal; however, the Celts have their cross to bear with the Anglo-Saxons, and the Hebrews have their cross to bear with Catholicism. So, Celts are not racist for their feelings towards Anglo-Saxons, and Jews are not racist if any have discomfort with the Catholic Church. By the way, discomfort with a religion is not racist. Don't confuse Judaism with the Jews that were victims of anti-Semitism. Jews really were victims of racism and so were Celts. Both have their right to define the cause. My definition of the cause is a religion, not a people; that is not racist.