I'M AN ATHEIST, AND . . . SO ARE YOU . . .

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:02 am
That's not bad . . .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:32 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
OK, the basic, simple meaning of atheist is "without god." I don't believe that there is a god.

What is the matter with you people? Don’t you see the simple logic of what Setanta is saying?

If he does not believe there is a GOD, there cannot possibly be one…and if being without god means you are an atheist--you are!

He says so right in the title. He is an atheist...and so are you. And has Setanta ever been wrong?

Of course, if there IS a god…or are gods…despite what Setanta “believes”…we are all “with gods”…and none of us are atheists.

Jeez, what a quandary. Makes the mind boggle!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:35 am
Stop trying to piss all over this thread, look up satire in the dictionary, then go home and grow a sense of humor. Really, your whiny "hey look at me, i'm superior" bullshit is neither funny, nor does it constitute satire.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:49 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Stop trying to piss all over this thread, look up satire in the dictionary, then go home and grow a sense of humor. Really, your whiny "hey look at me, i'm superior" bullshit is neither funny, nor does it constitute satire.

Perhaps, Setanta, it is you who ought look up satire.

By the way, I am not "pissing all over this thread." I am having my say...and I am doing it a lot more politely and reasonably than you often do in other people's threads.

And show a bit of spine, Setanta. If you are addressing me, address me. I won't make fun of you because you consider it a waste of time to talk to me, but do it regularly anyway.
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 08:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yup, you clearly don't know what satire is, nor do you have a sense of humor. I won't play in your silly playground, so you come here. It just kills you that you can't lure people into a discussion of the excellence of your superior understanding. Poor Frank, poor bay-bee . . .
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 09:07 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Yup, you clearly don't know what satire is, nor do you have a sense of humor. I won't play in your silly playground, so you come here. It just kills you that you can't lure people into a discussion of the excellence of your superior understanding. Poor Frank, poor bay-bee . . .

I have a great sense of humor, Setanta. And I do know what satire is. The only person who is talking about my supposed "superior understanding", Setanta, is you. Nobody else that I know of...and certainly not me.

You are much more intelligent than I am...and have a much greater command of history and the significance of history on the discussions taking place here. I have no problem whatever in acknowledging that. I find your comments interesting and worth considering...even if it often means having to disregard a barrage of insults and invective, to which you seem to resort way too frequently.

I do understand that you have a low opinion of me and my opinions...and I just have to be willing to accept life under those conditions.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:53 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

**** off to go **** all over some other thread, Foof, you blithering idiot.

Perhaps, you need to interact with humans, so you can better control the conversation? Cyberspace has its downside.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 11:58 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You mean like finnan haddie? I can't get with the idea of having cold smoked haddock in milk for breakfast.

I have decided that an atheist, in my opinion, is one that believes that Setanta has a superiority complex and is not actually superior.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Another ******* idiot who doesn't understand satire.

What, in my opinion, you don't get is that there will always be people that may not understand (your) satire; however, for you to rail against them because you started the thread is just sort of injustice collecting (again in my opinion). Meaning, you give posters the opportunity to share your wittiness, and when they disappoint you, you rail as though it was a personal insult. Really does not make sense, unless one is oblivious to the make-up of humanity, in my opinion?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 12:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I am not sure that the originator of a thread has the right to declare it a satire, or a serious thread, or anything in between? I suspect there is no such thing as an "alpha thread originator."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2012 07:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I apologize if my distinction between believers and un-believers in some way bothered you.

It was simply a way to distinquish between those who believe in God and those who believe that God doesn't exist.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 12:48 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
If you don't have any holy cookies, go away . . .

I'm done, that's it.. For 24hrs I've been trying to bake these "holy" cookies.. Do you think I can find 2 drops of grail?
Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 01:25 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks for the effort. However, the idiots who take this seriously have trashed the thread, so even if you had produced the cookies, it would have been too late . . .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:01 am
@Setanta,
Yeah I read all of that "after" I posted it, thought about it on the way home from my open inspections and was "dying" to Add to what was a humorous thread even though I believe in God...

Maybe I should have baked magic cookies?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:03 am
Naw, after the rabid dogs show up, the magic cookies no longer help . . .
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:09 am
@Setanta,
I think there needs to be a thread called :-

"HOW BIZZARE"

I know I can add to that one and I'm sure you could easily use those two words Smile

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 02:32 am
So start one . . .
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 03:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I apologize if my distinction between believers and un-believers in some way bothered you.

No problem...no need for an apology, Finn. It doesn't bother me--it just makes a point I find interesting and I was hoping you would find it interesting also.

Quote:
It was simply a way to distinquish between those who believe in God and those who believe that God doesn't exist.

Undoubtedly. And I knew that. But even here in this last sentence of yours, you see that you acknowledge there are people who BELIEVE there is a GOD...and others who BELIEVE there are no gods.

Both sides are doing believing.

I do not believe in either direction.

I do not believe gods exist and I do not believe there are no gods.

It is a point I have been trying to make in another thread.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:47 am
"Next." said the clerk
"I'd like to apply for a job."
"Yeah, buddy, you and everyone else in this unemployment line."
"Yes, well, but my case is a little different."
"Omigod, you and everybody else in this unemployment line."
"Funny you should say that."
"Yeah, why's that?"
"I am a god."
(very brief pause)
"Hey, Bert, com'ere, we got another god here."
(from across the room) "Another one? Arrghh"
"So, what are you doing here?"
The god shrugs.
"Like I said, I'm looking for a job."
Bert comes over.
"Oooh, this is a big one. So what was your last job, erm, your godliness?"
"Thanks for that" said the god, "I, uh, presided over this Universe."
"Oh, did you now? This one? Well, that's nice. But, I've a question for you."
"Sure. Ask away."
"This is an eternal Universe. So when did you start work?"
"Um. That's hard to say, I was at it a long while , but the actual timing is a bit fuzzy."
"I'd say." said Bert, "So what exactly did you think you were doing all the time you think you were 'presiding'?"
"Well, I kept everything in order, monitored the goings-on as it were."
"Hey, god, <sigh> See that fella over there? He doesn't have a job either, that's why he's here. His name is Stanley. Stanley likes to go down to the corner and direct traffic. He doesn't actually get in the street, but he waves at the cars and the cars go by. And Stanley thinks he's directing the traffic. Do you see what I'm saying?"
"You're saying that in an eternal universe, there's nothing for a god like me to do."
"Right."
"That's what they told me over at the other eternal universes."
"Right, so you showed up here and started 'presiding' even though this eternal universe has no work or purpose for you."
"It's not really fair, a lot of the crea--, um, inhabitants of this Universe believed I was doing a heck a job running it."
"What tipped them off?"
"A deeper understanding of chaos theory and the fact that, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do anything which violated the natural laws already in place. Damn!! If I could have, just once, gotten an human arm to re-grow!!"
"Well, yeah, I feel for you, but we got nothing for you here."
"What am I supposed to do?"
"uuuhh. Go find some created Universe whose God-in-charge will let you work weekends or something."
"Are there such Universes?"
Long pause.
"No."
"Really?
And the reality struck the god full force and it vanished.
"Huh," said Bert, "not even the smell of brimstone on that one."
"Next!" yelled the clerk.

Joe(what's a deity to do?)Nation
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 08:03 am
Not sure why, but I want to recommend a re-reading of Setanta's post below. I seems (at least to me) to relate to some of the comments being made here.

http://able2know.org/topic/1018-1

0 Replies