President Endorses Gay Marriage

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:53 am
this made me laugh

Oh No She Twitnt @OhNoSheTwitnt
"Obama's daughters watch too much Glee." said Bristol Palin, who must have watched too much 16 and Pregnant.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 08:53 am
Oh, this isn't Dave's complimentary planting thread?

Nevermind. . .
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 10:43 am
@snood,
For JTT's delight, let me take a moment out to say that it is because of Americans such as yourself, giving decades to the service of the United States of America, can I one day die peacefully, knowing that my family lives in a safe country. God bless you and your family.
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 11:44 am
@Foofie,
Why, thank you Foofie.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 11:49 am
i helped make America a great place

i was born in Canada
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 12:05 pm
@djjd62,
snork!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 05:34 pm
Well snood, apparently 67% of Americans are cynical bastards when it comes to Obama's Gay Evolution:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/us/politics/poll-sees-obama-gay-marriage-support-motivated-by-politics.html

Other reports on this poll's results tell us that 70% of independents think it was political gaming and something like 25% of his own Democrats agree.

What can you expect from a fundamentally bigoted nation!

Also, noted your marked reluctance to engage Sturgis in this thread.

Not to worry though since we all understand that you know more about what a Gay man should believe than a Gay man.
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well snood, apparently 67% of Americans are cynical bastards when it comes to Obama's Gay Evolution:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/15/us/politics/poll-sees-obama-gay-marriage-support-motivated-by-politics.html

Other reports on this poll's results tell us that 70% of independents think it was political gaming and something like 25% of his own Democrats agree.

What can you expect from a fundamentally bigoted nation!

Also, noted your marked reluctance to engage Sturgis in this thread.

Not to worry though since we all understand that you know more about what a Gay man should believe than a Gay man.

So does that statistic verify for you that Obama's announcement carried some political risk for him?

And, where in the bejeebers did I ever suggest that I know gay better than a gay man?
Thomas

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:02 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Uhm . . . so this thread is about Mr. Obama and gay marriage?

That sounds like an Arlo-Guthrie moment. ("Remember Alice? This is a song about Alice.") I'm glad to see your firm grasp on the American classics.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 09:26 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
For JTT's delight, let me take a moment out to say that it is because of Americans such as yourself, giving decades to the service of the United States of America, can I one day die peacefully, knowing that my family lives in a safe country.

Mark Twain called American soldiers hired assassins way back in the conflict in the Philippines. These same assassins had just come off trying to wipe out Native Americans. It continued in Central and South America, Foofie, for a good long while until the US figured out that it was better for the PR/propaganda stream for the US military to train others to do their raping, torturing and murder.

It has never stopped, Foofie. Why do otherwise honorable people give decades of their life to ongoing terrorist actions/war crimes?

What kind of person is so concerned about dying peacefully while millions of others die horrific deaths, while millions upon millions live horrific lives precisely because of US actions?
Foofie

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 10:58 am
@JTT,
In my opinion, you could become a U.S. citizen, and then get involved with the political scene, to effect all the changes you deem needed. I believe the saying, "one wants to have their cake and eat it too" sums up your attitude in Canada, while you criticize the U.S.

Meanwhile, as a Commonwealth country, you do not even own the land of your own country. There is something that goes back to the Middle Ages whereby the British crown still has hegemony over all land of the Commonwealth nations, I believe. So, you too are part of an empire that has its blemishes in India/Australia/the West Indies, and likely every Commonwealth country that exists. Do you really think that Canadian WASP's were any less ethically responsible for Britain's political/colonial adventures, as a Commonwealth country, than the U.S.? People in glass houses shouldn't throw shiess! At least the U.S. had the brass trinkets to cut the umbilical cord from mother England.

I have to go now. It is time for me to sing the Star Spangled Banner and then Pledge Allegiance to the flag. Have you decided on whether you choose to kindly drop dead, since you are continuing to make personal criticisms about my feelings towards my country? You are just so Miss Piggy intrusive, in my opinion.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:01 am
@Foofie,
What in heaven's name gave you the idea that JTT is Canadjun? No Canadian would be rude enough to speak about their Southern neighbor in the terms that JTT uses.
snood

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:04 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Martian, maybe?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 11:16 am
@snood,
Hey, hey! Show a little respect for my home planet. JTT would not be welcome there.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 12:18 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Three Americans in a row, illustrating their proclivity for a cognitive dissonance that sweeps aside all thoughts that are the least bit scary.

You are children without all the good stuff.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 12:29 pm
@JTT,
Your problem, JTT, is not so much with what you say. I am frequently in agreement with you. It's the way you say it. Dissonance? Your tone is vile. To call it dissonant would be to damn with faint praise. Did no one ever take the time to teach you just basic good manners, how to interact with others without becoming obnoxious to the point of being hateful? Don't talk to me about dissonance. Your posts are classic text-book examples of it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 12:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

What in heaven's name gave you the idea that JTT is Canadjun? No Canadian would be rude enough to speak about their Southern neighbor in the terms that JTT uses.

I believe it is because he/she is in fact Canadian.

Actually, I wonder if he was a draft dodger who fled to Canada some time back. That would actually explain the never-ending bile.

Cycloptichorn
snood

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 01:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Heyyyyy........
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 02:51 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I am frequently in agreement with you.

Hear that, Cy. Care to sputter another lame notion that the US isn't a terrorist nation.

Quote:
Actually, I wonder if he was a draft dodger who fled to Canada some time back.

You note that there are some Americans who actually have a sense of morality - those that refused to take part in the mass murder of some three million SE Asians.

But on Cy goes, on the really important stuff, like who is going to be the next war criminal president of the USA.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 16 May, 2012 03:59 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
@JTT,
Your problem, JTT, is not so much with what you say. I am frequently in agreement with you. It's the way you say it. Dissonance? Your tone is vile. To call it dissonant would be to damn with faint praise. Did no one ever take the time to teach you just basic good manners, how to interact with others without becoming obnoxious to the point of being hateful? Don't talk to me about dissonance. Your posts are classic text-book examples of it.

I thought that being obnoxious was a requirement for posting here!
0 Replies