President Endorses Gay Marriage

JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Do you engage in this type of misdirection to keep things smooth on the home front, Beth?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:03 pm
@JTT,
Just speaking the truth. No innocent nations out there. Certainly not the country I live in.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
JTT obviously loathes the United States...and excoriates every facet of its being in post after post.

I don't loathe the US, Frank. I don't even hate the US. I do hate what the US has been doing for well over a century to way too many poor people around the world.

Quote:
JTT certainly talks about it...and so do many others who seem to think we Americans are scum.

No, Frank, so many others do not talk about it. You've just had an administration illegally invade two countries. Those are war crimes. Those are war crimes as defined by, largely, the USA. From those major war crimes, all manner of war crime flowed.

You now have a president who stated that he was willing to let these criminals escape justice because the poor ole US of A is going thru some tough times. You yourself thought that was a grand excuse.

Tell that to millions of Iraqis and Afghans who have had their lives wrecked.

A US soldier slaughters innocent women and children. He's whisked out of the country. Do people talk about it, Frank? Hardly a ******* peep. Yet listen to the Americans go on and on and on about TM and GM.

The US thinks it has the right to go after anyone, anywhere, but it doesn't have the sense of decency to hand that soldier over to the Afghans. Or all the hired assassins that they Iraqis wanted to try.

Which brings us to the crimes of your current president.

Quote:
I think, like damn near every other country that has ever existed on planet Earth, we have lots of rough edges and ought really to so some sanding.

Seven to nine million people don't die and millions upon millions more have their lives ruined because the US has some rough edges. Talk about naive, Frank.

Mr Big Thinker plays the philosopher at A2K. Spend some time doing some research, Mr Grandly Naive or you'll never understand what Harold Pinter means.

Time and time again, Noam Chomsky notes that there is no discussion, no talking about these planned war crimes, this unrelenting terrorism that the US is daily involved in. There is very little real discussion of past crimes. They are swept under the rug, just as has been done by Obama and others equally culpable.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 05:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Just speaking the truth. No innocent nations out there. Certainly not the country I live in.

You're right about that, but pointing to other bit players just masks the enormity of the crimes that the US has committed, is still committing.

What you're doing is providing cover for a country that is as bad as Nazi Germany was - they have only spread it over a much longer period of time.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:06 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
You are putting words in my mouth;

No, I did not, Foofie.

Quote:
I think you are assuming that all people subscribe to your definitions of ethical behavior.

These aren't my definitions, but having said that, yes, pretty much all of the US subscribe to these very definitions. They leap to the fore - you see it here - to denounce other war criminals for doing the same things that the US regularly does. Stop some butcher, some dictator from abusing, murdering his people, but, BUT, there's silence when it's one of the US proxy dictators.

These folks, like yourself, neatly avoid having to address the inconsistencies this raises in their minds by simply not thinking about, let alone discussing, the war crimes and the terrorism that is ongoing from the USA.

Quote:
Should I broach the thought of "Jew baiting,"

Be my guest, Foofie. You'll receive the same as you do for any other nonsense you post.

Quote:
I really would like you to not push your presence on me, or possibly use me to voice your political position.

That would mean that, hereinafter, you remain silent. But I'm hardly advocating that.

As you noted very recently, I came to your aid - I forget where or when but I believe it had something to do with you posting.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:12 pm
And once more JTT succeeds in derailing a thread and directing it instead to a discussion of its favorite hobby horse. Congratulations to all of you who are replying to it -- you've been suckered yet again by its obvious troll-bait.
JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Pinter saying "nobody talks about it!"

Snood: Really? You're gonna encourage him?

It took a 13 year old girl to ask all the adults why she had never heard of the very things that you say people talk about, Frank. How could that happen if people talk about these "faults"?

How could it be that this same young lady's US history teacher was unaware of these "faults"? How could it be that this same young lady's father, a highly educated man, pooh poohed it as not true, if, as you say, people talk about it.

You are exactly like Bill O'Reilly or any other person of his stripe, who upon hearing anything negative goes into the "US faults" routine, the "rough edges" memes.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 06:31 pm
@joefromchicago,
Here's people talking about it, Frank.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:23 pm
So then, JTT, the use of the objective cases of "whom/whomever" boils down to your own subjective judgment of how they sound to you, "fancy shmancy," much like the cases in which the use of the double negative, e.g. "I didn't do nothing," sound ignorant to me. Both instances boil down to subjective judgement.
snood

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:28 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

And once more JTT succeeds in derailing a thread and directing it instead to a discussion of its favorite hobby horse. Congratulations to all of you who are replying to it -- you've been suckered yet again by its obvious troll-bait.

Yeah... I guess Joe Nation and Frank Apisa see some redeeming quality in continuing to engage him, even though his responses are completely predictable and unchanging. The only things that change are the threads he flits about, derailing.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 08:34 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Yeah... I guess Joe Nation and Frank Apisa see some redeeming quality in continuing to engage him, even though his responses are completely predictable and unchanging.

And they are free to engage it on some other thread. Not, of course, on some thread that JTT has started -- so many people have it on ignore that few people even see its threads, and its anti-American screeds have grown so tediously predictable that fewer still pay much attention to it any more. Consequently, JTT is forced to take over other threads in much the same manner that a parasite takes over its host.
roger

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 09:01 pm
@joefromchicago,
He starts his own threads? I did not know that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 10:10 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
So then, JTT, the use of the objective cases of "whom/whomever" boils down to your own subjective judgment of how they sound to you, "fancy shmancy,"

No, Infra. Normally your reading comprehension has been much much better than this.

Quote:
much like the cases in which the use of the double negative, e.g. "I didn't do nothing," sound ignorant to me. Both instances boil down to subjective judgement.

I guess yours does.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 10:31 pm
@JTT,
Other than the fact that the subjective cases "who/whoever," and the double negative "didn't/don't, nothing" are popularly used--and you're certainly the champion of popular use, even an instance in which a toddler, who knows more about language than you, says something like "I falled down"--that's what it boils down to.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 02:27 am
Uhm . . . so this thread is about Mr. Obama and gay marriage?

Right?

Hello?
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:06 am
@Setanta,
I know, right? When I come look at this and a handful of other threads, it's just a line of "user ignored (view)". Like it's been eaten alive by some kind of flesh-eating bug, and those notations are its droppings...
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:50 am
@snood,
you could always be a brave boy and not ignore people

no self control, can't just skip the posts you want to avoid?
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:56 am
@djjd62,
Whether I ignore them or not doesn't affect the fact that the thread is totally trashed with inanities and replies to the inanities. ("brave boy"? )
djjd62

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:08 am
@snood,
hadn't noticed to be honest, any post of relevance i read, the rest, as the say, like water off a ducks back

actually i like JTT, a one horse pony it maybe, but you have to admire it's tenacity
snood

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 07:51 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

hadn't noticed to be honest, any post of relevance i read, the rest, as the say, like water off a ducks back

actually i like JTT, a one horse pony it maybe, but you have to admire it's tenacity

I have to? Well, maybe like I "have to" admire the "tenacity" of a dog that returns to his own vomit.
And if you see no difference in this, and a thread that is lively with exchanges about the launch thread, then I don't trust your powers of observation that much.
0 Replies