I’m gunna catch me a wabbit!

jcboy

Thu 3 May, 2012 05:53 pm
A couple blocks down the street there is a rabbit hutch in someone’s backyard. For a couple of weeks now I’ve seen one running around the neighborhood, must have escaped.

Well the last two mornings I’ve left for work I’ve seen the little SOB in my front yard eating my garden. If he somehow finds a way in my backyard he’s a goner! If my dogs can catch squirrels they will catch a rabbit for sure! That is if I don’t catch little plant-eating heathen before they do!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 27 • Views: 13,912 • Replies: 185
Topic Closed

edgarblythe

Thu 3 May, 2012 05:57 pm
I would suggest a have a heart trap, except, why would it get in one when they have a nice garden in which to munch out.
jcboy

Thu 3 May, 2012 05:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
True, I chased him away twice now. Today when I came home I saw him in the yard next door!
Irishk

Thu 3 May, 2012 06:18 pm
@jcboy,
Double my celery and I'll leave you alone!!!

Signed,

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
0 Replies

boomerang

Thu 3 May, 2012 06:41 pm
I'll trade you the raccoon that had a party in my garage last night for the rabbit in your yard.
EqualityFLSTPete

Fri 4 May, 2012 04:54 am
@boomerang,
And this is coming from a guy who wanted to get a goat Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 4 May, 2012 05:12 am
Yesterday I saw a newborn fawn.
izzythepush

Fri 4 May, 2012 08:29 am
@chai2,
Today my son stroked a fox.
Adam4Adam

Fri 4 May, 2012 11:33 am
Rabbit isn't bad in a stew!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Fri 4 May, 2012 11:41 am
@jcboy,
I discovered a nest full of baby cottontails while weeding my iris.

I hadda just back away, all the little scared shrieks were too much for me.

I'll finish weeding them next month...

(your goat is getting bigger. how do you want her shipped?)
Setanta

Fri 4 May, 2012 12:21 pm
@Rockhead,
You must be gettin' paranoid in your old age . . . why do you always assume he wants to get your goat?
Irishk

Fri 4 May, 2012 12:48 pm
@Setanta,
Well, at least he ain't sheepish about it.

(That's all I goat).
Setanta

Fri 4 May, 2012 01:19 pm
@Irishk,
That was really baa-aa-aa-aad.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 4 May, 2012 01:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Today a dove **** on my car.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 4 May, 2012 02:57 pm
Found this via a link that Tsar posted about slide shows, which turned out to be a website I like. Anyway, in a slide show about architecture inspired by books, there's this:

http://flavorwire.com/286088/10-beautiful-buildings-inspired-by-famous-books#7

Villa Peet (The Rabbit House), inspired by Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

quoting -
This minimalist house in Lelystad, the Netherlands, designed by Amsterdam’s Studio Klink, is not what you’d first expect when imagining a building based on Carroll’s trippy and colorful classic. But the concept, according to the architects, was much more cerebral: “Villa Peet was designed as a sequence of contrasting spatial experiences,” they explain. “These contrasts create a feeling of entering new worlds behind a series of rabbit holes.” Well, that tracks — and all the white rabbits don’t hurt either.

http://flavorwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/peet.jpg
MMarciano

Fri 4 May, 2012 07:49 pm
@ossobuco,
He's got a humane trap set in the front yard. I've got twenty bucks that say if he catches this rabbit we have a new pet!
ossobuco

Fri 4 May, 2012 08:03 pm
@MMarciano,
No way I will take that bet.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 4 May, 2012 10:13 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

A couple blocks down the street there is a rabbit hutch in someone’s backyard. For a couple of weeks now I’ve seen one running around the neighborhood, must have escaped.

Well the last two mornings I’ve left for work I’ve seen the little SOB in my front yard eating my garden. If he somehow finds a way in my backyard he’s a goner! If my dogs can catch squirrels they will catch a rabbit for sure! That is if I don’t catch little plant-eating heathen before they do!
I surmize that means: "Son of A Bunny."

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 4 May, 2012 10:14 pm

Does Hugh Hefner know about this ?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Fri 4 May, 2012 11:24 pm
@jcboy,
[url][/http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/IMG_3508.jpgurl]

Hi JC, my name is Jet... I am such a ****, I snuck under the vines and dug a hole recently, shhh, my owner had no idea... I hopped from home to home and people tried to catch me, but I was too smart, I snuck back under the vines, and went into my house... My owner didn't know a thing... But, the other day darn someone caught me, lucky for me she liked me.. She was in awe that I was kitty litter trained and then got upset when she saw A4 posters all over the place, where my owner was looking for me... Lucky for me, I'm back home now. Darn owner, too responsible.. She's blocked it all off now... No more hopping to neighbours and eating their veggies... Smile

Thanks for listening JC ...Smile
0 Replies