I’m gunna catch me a wabbit!

ossobuco

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:01 pm
@jcboy,
Good kitty!
ehBeth

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:02 pm
@jcboy,
aren't you supposed to be dropping this cat off at a shelter?

hmmmmm?

Laughing
jcboy

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:03 pm
@ehBeth,
We can't now, we're already are attached to him. And this cat knows we saved him, he already loves us to death!
0 Replies

jcboy

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:04 pm
@ossobuco,
He is really a sweet cat. I hope nobody comes around looking for him because he has a new home now!
edgarblythe

Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:35 pm
It makes me feel good knowing somebody would do that for a stray animal.
FOUND SOUL

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 02:52 am
@jcboy,
They know when they are loved. And, given a chance.
jcboy

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 03:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Yes they do and Smokey is doing very well. He’s been walking around the house kind of snooping around. He’s sitting on the sofa next to Marco at the moment.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Its obvious this cat was someone’s pet, he’s very people friendly. But he wasn’t taken care of that’s for sure. He climbs in my lap and purrs like a kitten.
ossobuco

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 05:20 pm
@MMarciano,
Smokey might have gotten lost for some other reason.

I still miss my loved Sandpaw, venice shepherd found on the railroad tracks as a puppy. By now he'd be 47 in human years.
And my loved Cinque, whom we took as stolen by a fan. Cinque, such a great cat, would be 38.

Our lumberyard skin and bones dog was probably a wanderer, so I would be sorry for the family.

Parker, my business partner's dog that she rescued from a grocery store parking lot, cars honking, was a deaf cocker spaniel who had apparently no care for a long time. Maybe an older person in trouble..

For me all of my pets have had personality.

Presently, there are untold numbers of uncared for cats, people losing their homes, et al. Tough times.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 05:34 pm
@MMarciano,
I'm glad to hear that Smokey is settling in with you.

Is he catching on to the idea of being an indoor cat?
0 Replies

MMarciano

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 05:54 pm
He is but he wants to get outside. He’s been roaming the house but only when the dogs are in their crates.

Morgan knows most in this neighborhood and nobody’s come around looking for a cat and this cat has been hanging around our house for over a week.

There are a few rentals in the neighborhood and a young couple moved out about the time Smokey showed up. Not sure if it was their cat but they haven’t been back looking for him.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 21 Aug, 2012 06:55 pm
@jcboy,
You know, I took in a kitten with about an inch of skin missing from the full circumference of his hind leg. He was an approachable feral, and the injury had gone on so long the wound had a very bad smell. I thought "Wow, I'm going to have me a three legged cat!", but he got well. Infact, a year later the skin and fur had regenerated so well you had to know where to look to see the scar.

By the way, if he has gastrointestinal problems related to the antibiotic, give him a spoon of natural yoghurt once in awhile. By natural, I mean the kind with the bacteria replaced. He will love you.
jcboy

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 02:24 pm
@roger,
So far he’s doing very well, today was his last day on the meds. He’s a happy kitty! He’s still very thin but eating good so he should start gaining weight.

The Vet wants to see him in two weeks for a checkup.
FOUND SOUL

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 03:46 pm
@jcboy,
Me finks, he's taken your husband, as his owner, wait you took him in Wink
jcboy

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 04:18 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
yeah, the one who pretends he doesn't like cats too! Wink
0 Replies

nextone

Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:50 pm
@jcboy,
Wishing you and Smokey many, many happy years.
jcboy

Sun 26 Aug, 2012 06:51 am
@nextone,
Thank you.

I call him Smokey lonesome from the character Smokey lonesome of fried green tomatoes.

He’s really turning into a sweet cat. He looks so much better then when we first found him.
ehBeth

Sun 26 Aug, 2012 08:38 am
@jcboy,
ha! I could have sworn Smokey found you - he knew you needed another cat in your life.
MMarciano

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
That he did, he's already grown on us. Although he's one loud cat! his food dish has to be completely full or he will drive you nuts with his loud mouth.
ossobuco

Mon 27 Aug, 2012 08:35 pm
@MMarciano,
Smokey roars..