I’m gunna catch me a wabbit!

ossobuco

Sat 5 May, 2012 12:28 am
yes, rabbts need temderng.
jcboy

Sat 5 May, 2012 08:48 am
@ossobuco,
No rabbit in the trap this morning, but that animal is around here somewhere, there's a hole in my flower bed this morning.
farmerman

Sat 5 May, 2012 09:36 am
@jcboy,
braised rabbit in a sauce of vegetable broth, mushrooms, ad tarragon.
Its one where you brown the rabbit chunks in bacon grease, then develop the sauce separately and then put the rabbit in to braise
FOUND SOUL

Sat 5 May, 2012 03:25 pm
@farmerman,
Nooooooo Smile Yeah, Silly Aussie, I know, Rabbits as pets .................

JC honestly, can't you approach the neighbour who owns it? Ya could buy it some food but that won't work, trust me, mine eats friggen everything he can find in the garden..... as well as what I give him.
jcboy

Sun 6 May, 2012 10:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I should, they still have two more. I haven’t seen the rabbit lately, he may have been food for someone, unless he just ran away.
FOUND SOUL

Sun 6 May, 2012 03:37 pm
@jcboy,
I had to cover a patch where Jet started digging by the french doors, to stop him. So I placed a few pots there, some large stones, looked quite good. Then I said to David, oh, I know, I'll fill them with herbs... Feeling quite proud of myself as he said what a good idea, I all of a sudden thought on it, WT? Give him more food and nothing for us to cook with, what was I thinking? Smile

jcboy

Sat 7 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That rabbit is still hanging around my house, can’t catch the little SOB, he lets me get close but not too close or he takes off. Here he is hanging out by the palm tree.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg805/scaled.php?server=805&filename=rabbiti.jpg&res=landing
jcboy

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 02:30 pm
@jcboy,
Here he is again, heading right for my garden!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg859/scaled.php?server=859&filename=bunnyr.jpg&res=landing
ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 03:03 pm
@jcboy,
You call it a garden.

He calls it a salad bar.

Wait til he tells all the other seniors.
jcboy

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 03:08 pm
@ehBeth,
We don’t have a single carrot in the fridge, I have my suspicions some little six year old has been tossing them in the front yard!
ehBeth

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 03:09 pm
@jcboy,
Carrots are for dogs.

Haven't you taught him that?
0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 03:39 pm
@jcboy,
Thats cute! Very Happy
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 03:44 pm
@jcboy,

Awe, sorry he's cute. They can eat till the cows come home, seriously... Grow some parsley in the front of the garden, I promise he won't venture further Wink
MMarciano

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That is one fat rabbit. I know nothing about feeding him carrots.
ossobuco

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:23 pm
I'd raise bunnies if I weren't so damned allergic.
MMarciano

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I had rabbits as a kid in Puerto Rico, they are messy animals, cute but messy.
0 Replies

hamburgboy

Sun 8 Jul, 2012 05:24 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
if you want to see rabbits , come to kingston .
there are about 20 - 30 rabbits - big and small - scurrying around at night -
very few come out at night .
unfortunately , people think it's a good idea to feed them with stale bread : IT'S NOT ( it actually can make them sick ! ) .
just because they eat the bread , doesn't mean it's good for them ! it's NOT part of a healthy diet for rabbits !
just like some people feed those truly awful dogtreats to their dogs - i think
" pooperonies " is one of them . a friend's dog wound up on dialysis and had permament kidney damage after being fed that poison for a while - it should be pulled off the shelves - there are healthy dogtreats out there : dried pigs' ears and dried liver in moderation are quite acceptable .
( sorry for ranting , but it always bothers me when i see people giving
" pooperonies " or similar stuff to a dog ) .
FOUND SOUL

Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:31 am
@MMarciano,
Quote:
That is one fat rabbit. I know nothing about feeding him carrots.

Off course you don't it was your son Smile

Trust me, I'm going to post another picture of Jet when I down load the camera soon, he's on his back, getting a cuddle on his tummy sleeping ... and HE'S FAT! Actually, on a good note he's turned alot of my bushes into bonsai's.. Can't reach any further... Smile

FOUND SOUL

Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:38 am
@hamburgboy,
No, they're all valid points...

My parents had a holiday home by the river. I hit a rabbit with my car once, driving on the dirt track... Kind of sooked all the way home... after picking him up and putting him on the side..

I have ducks over yonder from my house, we all feed them bread, little fatsos Smile But, I've never heard of a rabbit being fed bread? Shocked

I get ya with dogs. Apparently spinach is bad for them too.. I hate "dog food" I cook for mine.. One of mine is a diabetic, and David's (fiance) has just been diagnosed with Cancer, we are giving him Chemo and so far, he's doing great. Both have to have different meals. Bah.

So one gets pasta, kidney beans, lean meat, carrots and broccoli, 1 sardine with oil and an egg, yes Sir. The other gets, brown rice, kidney beans, lean meat, wait a minute, basically replaced the pasta with brown rice.. Apparently pasta is no good for dogs on Chemo... The recipe basically gives them carbs, protein and veg.. Pain in the neck, but strangly would cost the same as canned carp over 7 days.

I always say, have a pet? Look after it. It gets sick? Take responsibility or don't own any .

My vent over Smile
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 1 Aug, 2012 04:28 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The rabbit is still living in our front yard, we have decided just to feed him and leave him water everyday so I stopped by the pet store and bought rabbit food. I guess if we feed him enough he will stop eating my plants!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg196/scaled.php?server=196&filename=rabbitdy.jpg&res=landing