I just talked with JLNobody, am still laughing.

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 09:32 pm
Dear man, he is.

<still laughing re their cats>

Maybe he'll tell more here.

Meantime, the tag algorihm put the cats first. which is also funny.

JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 11:15 pm
Osso got a hearty laugh at the names my wife and I gave to our stray cats. One, a part siamese, is named (obviously) Sammy. The other a beautiful mix with blue eyes and mink-like fur, we named (appropriately) castrato--our neighbor trapped and had him fixed for us. They won't let me touch them, but they like their twice daily meals of Fancy Feast, Meow Mix and Temptations. And when the weather is not too hot they reside in their well furnished dog houses. Poor things: they are too afraid to enjoy the comfort of our house, but at least they eat as well as most domestic felines.
I sure would like to have Ossobuco for a neighbor.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 11:18 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
I sure would like to have Ossobuco for a neighbor.

I am sure that you would eat good....
ehBeth

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 11:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think if I had Ossobuco as a neighbour I'd want to take over a basket of fun ingredients and cook with her.

Given my bff's feedback after meeting her, I know we'd have a good time Smile
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 11:40 pm
@ehBeth,
That and from what I have seen she in generous...
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 01:16 am
Yes ossobucco would be nice to have as the lady nextdoor.
She would have enjoyed the three stray cats we had some years ago.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 01:23 am
@saab,
Dang, that should be a thread.....which A2K member do you most wish was your neighbor and why. And because I am me also the least and why. Does it exist I wonder?
saab

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:28 am
@hawkeye10,
I certainly would not join that thread.
I do not know people personally here so it is very difficult to say who would be a nice neigbour.
I allready have a very impolite besserwisser, who loves to tell everybody his opinions about everything. No need for another one.
The rest are nice, kind and helpful people who I really do not want to exchange.
I have catlovers and I have to take of the cats when they are gone. I enjoy it but do not need more cats. So I stick to catlovers here in A2K. Not next door.
Then there are the doglovers - dogs want to say hello and the owners to talk.
Then there are the teadrinkers, who come by for a cup of tea.

roger

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:46 am
@saab,
You would probably make a nice neighbor.
saab

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 04:32 am
@roger,
That is unfortunaly also what my very closest neighbor thinks. He left early this summer and now he is back- taking care of my lawn.
His name is European mole.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 02:15 pm
@saab,
Yikes!! That's no good at all.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 03:24 pm
Back in Venice, CA, our neighborhood had a stray that visited some of us.. I know it wasn't just me because I saw him eating from a KFC bucket in a front yard about a block away from us. I called him Schoolcat, since I had noticed him in the schoolyard across the street when he was still a kitten. Over a year or two he got to trust me, and let me comb him while he hissed. I learned to take the hiss as a pleasure response. When I moved north I wanted to take him with me, but no luck finding him. Probably just as well as I'm pretty allergic to cats. Since my husband arrived in my life with two cats already, I enjoyed them greatly but also sneezed a lot. Yes, re having allergy shots. Eh! Achooo!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:35 pm
@saab,
besserwisser! That's a new word to me. Very useful!
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 01:54 am
@glitterbag,
https://vorgelesen.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/kleine-maulwurf.jpg
It is not bad -
I know they do not like sunshine, so I digged around a hole letting the sun in.
He just put earth on two sides like pulling down the shades.
It was so cute so now I just live with him.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 09:54 pm
Osso,
Miracle of miracles, my stray scardicat, Castratto, let me stratch him today vigorously with both hands. If he is looking away from me he often drops his fear, but as soon as he sees me he's off. Should I be offended?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 10:12 pm
@JLNobody,
Seems like progress to me, JL.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2015 11:00 pm
@JLNobody,
Sounds like Scardi has begun to think about outdoor living with winter coming on.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:38 pm
@roger,
Yes, every winter he becomes a bit more intimate, especially with the dog house full of blankets and cushions
roger

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:35 pm
@JLNobody,
Doghouse? I'm thinking you've got a lot to learn about cats. If you're a good negotiator, you might be able to keep part of your bed.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:43 pm
@roger,
But these are stray/feral cats who live a harsh life, expecially in Arizona. So their assigned doghouses are a luxury for them in Winter--I'm happy to say.