IS IT JUST ME?

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:34 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Butrflynet and I had a new front porch glass door in front of our wooden door today. First thing that happened tonight is a sneaking naked pervert looking inside. I sicked Dolly and Madison doggies after the pervert, but they went chasing after a black and white cat. So there they are, still howling by the fence where the cat snears at them. The pervert went home to get a beer and it's too cold to be naked in the dark.

BBB

Huh?

We had a new storm door/screen/security door added onto the front door. The old one was so flimsy, all you had to do was lean on it to push in the screen or plexiglass insert. This new one is pretty cool. It has a window in it that you can raise and lower and has a screen that slides down when the window is lowered. It also has a dead-bolt and key-locks on the outside so we can now have a double layer of locked doors when we're away from the house.

Don't know anything about a naked pervert looking in.

We do have a peeping tom in the neighborhood that, over the years, has been caught several times in backyards looking through windows. Police reports have been made but there hasn't ever been enough to get him arrested or convicted.

When I moved here three years ago, that was one of the first things the neighbors warned me about, and told us that they saw him at night a few times parked outside my bedroom, watching the window. Since that is the one I like to keep open at night, I now have security bars, blinds and curtains on my window. I also moved the bedside light so it no longer can cast any shadows on the window.

There's also a house several doors down that is getting the reputation of troublemakers and possibly drug dealing. No evidence, just a lot of neighborly speculation and rumor. So, many of the families around here have been beefing up their security efforts a bit, us included.

Don't know anything about a naked pervert hanging around here tonight other than Dolly dog and her humping exercises on Madison. She's not naked, but she is pretty hairy. The black and white cat is Darla, the neighbor's kitty. She and Tigger kitty love to come over to our front yard and tease the dogs with their slow strolling back and forth in front of the windows.
roger

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Never let facts interfere with a good story.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 09:46 pm
I read the last 4 pages of this thread and wondered what unleashed all the venom and epithets. I looked back to the opening post and found this;
farmerman wrote:
Or has A2K gotten more vicious over the last few years? Perhaps now its the proximity to the US election season , but even the Europeans and other country's members seem to be more interested in slinging insults usually initiated by arguing the spelling, meaning, or "proper" use of a single word than the topic at hand.

I think farmerman's surmise is correct. I suspect the election season is a factor, as is the declining number of "regulars" who all, by now already know the views of others and have chrystalized their mutual opinions (a point Msolga made very well a few pages back).

I don't mind even vigorous disagreement, particularly if those involved are willing to outline the basis for their views. However, I see little point in the name-calling and sweeping condemnations issued too often about others here. There are posters here whom I don't like (and I assume there are some who don't like me). However I see little point in burdening the script here with my views about them. No one has asked and it is easier for us all to simply ignore those one can't abide.

Overall the quality of this site has declined significantly in my view, and this is an important contributor to that sad decline.

thack45

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 10:01 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
Don't know anything about a naked pervert looking in.

i assumed it was farmerman...
roger

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 10:37 pm
@thack45,
I can account for my whereabouts that night. Don't matter which night. Give me a date and I'll be alibied.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:06 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I don't mind even vigorous disagreement, particularly if those involved are willing to outline the basis for their views. However, I see little point in the name-calling and sweeping condemnations issued too often about others here. There are posters here whom I don't like (and I assume there are some who don't like me). However I see little point in burdening the script here with my views about them. No one has asked and it is easier for us all to simply ignore those one can't abide.

It is the culture wars that destroy A2K, and the childishness, it is not the lack of agreement. Narrow mindedness is the illness.
farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:35 am
@hawkeye10,
I dont have any additional thoughts on this and I thank those for heping me identify a cause of my concerns for this site.
I guess the next thing in line is what do I do about it personally?

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:17 am
@farmerman,
Be the change you want to see in the world... I mean A2K?

Start interesting topics, ignore + vote down annoying people, respond to interesting people.

(By the way, a while back I mentioned some people I was happy to see return because of the election season, want to also mention that Thack has been a nice new addition to A2K.)
sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:21 am
@sozobe,
Oh and while they're not on this thread, jcboy and mmarciano + EqualitySTPete and all that crew are a lot of fun too.

Argh whenever I get into naming names I then forget people and keep coming back with addenda, will leave it there even though there are more!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:26 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Butrflynet and I had a new front porch glass door in front of our wooden door today. First thing that happened tonight is a sneaking naked pervert looking inside. I sicked Dolly and Madison doggies after the pervert, but they went chasing after a black and white cat. So there they are, still howling by the fence where the cat snears at them. The pervert went home to get a beer and it's too cold to be naked in the dark.
BBB
R u getting an anti-nudist gun ?
At least u know that he is not wearing a bulletproof vest.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:31 am
IS IT JUST ME?
after some quiet reflection, i've come to realize it might just be me

wandeljw

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:45 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

IS IT JUST ME?
after some quiet reflection, i've come to realize it might just be me

I have known this all along, but I did not want to say anything. Thank you for your honesty, djjd!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:58 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Start interesting topics, ignore + vote down annoying people, respond to interesting people.

Joe(Mantra)Nation
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 10:19 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I dont have any additional thoughts on this and I thank those for heping me identify a cause of my concerns for this site.

We need new blood, that is the only way to improve A2K. The best thing we can do is promote a culture that values diversity of background and diversity of opinion, so that high quality people who look in here might decide to post and stick around. We have a lot of people here who get a hard on when they are around diversity of geography or genetics so we have that covered....diversity of opinion not so much.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's not that we lack diverse opinions. It's that we oftentimes lack intelligent, thoughtful, reasoned discourse about those opinions.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:33 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

It's not that we lack diverse opinions. It's that we oftentimes lack intelligent, thoughtful, reasoned discourse about those opinions.

Who was the last right winger to come around here who was widely considered to be intelligent, thoughtful, and reasonable by the lefty majority??
DrewDad

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 05:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well, it's kinda hard to be intelligent, thoughtful, and reasonable when you're coming from a stupid premise.... Wink
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 10:00 pm
This thread is a hoot.

Like Sturgis, I didn't intend to participate, but who was I kidding?

Like Al Pacino in the last Godfather, They keep pulling be back in!

Thanks to those who have featured me among the notable.

The hoot is how predictable it is that within yet another navel gazing thread about the coarseness of forum dialogue, course dialogue ensues..and what a surprise that it was initiated by one of my favorite members!

If there was any doubt that this forum (at least in terms of the Abuzz Diaspora) is a narrow minded liberal community, one need only read the posts in this thread.

Of course the despoilers are conservatives, because no matter how uncivil a liberal member might be, he or she is, of course, always right. JTT is merely boring while David is a seriously deranged.

Very funny actually.

I love you guys. Please don't change a bit.

Unlike many of you, I have no desire to participate in a forum where everyone congratulates one another for sharing the same righteous thoughts.

If you really only wish to trade puns, pleasantries and Sarah Palin slurs, don't participate in political threads. If certain members express positions that you find unctuous, "ignore" them.

No one will follow this advice, of course, but there it is. Apparently what I, and a few others, fail to realize is that you own A2K.

msolga

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 01:35 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

I suspect you weren't asking for advice about how to use A2K "better", or in a more positive way than you already have, after all this time.
I ask myself the same question.
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 03:22 am
@msolga,
Yeh, I was just thinking with my fingertips on the keys, and out loud.
However, Ive only come to one sane conclusion and thats not to avail myself of the boundless opportunities to openly discuss things with people on the boards. Course now, doesnt that just defeat the whole purpose of this outfit? SO, perhaps theres somewhere else I should look, maybe its CONTENT.

WHile I often disagree with folks I may have to closely edit my stuff and read it from anothers viewpoint I suppose. Several times Ive been accused of being insulting when I wasnt even slightly so disposed . Im just gonna have to read my posts before I hit send (This will probably not hurt my spelling record either). Maybe others would do as well and recognize that the way they write may be the whoe issue. If someone really wants to be insulting and attack people, a forum such as this certainly is an easy place to satisfy these urges. Noone can hurt you or sue you.
However, its not much fun.

I dont think that our group famiiarity has anything to do with how we trot out our opinions. If that were only the case then it would be true that this place IS only a short term breeding field for some of us to work out issues with each other and then move on when weve exhausted each others patience.

I think that that is what happened to a few of the ultra right and ultra left folks . However, new things happen in the world each day and theres nothing wrong with discussing these things with folks were familiar with (as long as the urge to be shitheads can be curtailed).