New old dog: it's love again.

Eva

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 10:10 am
@ossobuco,
Oh no. You hadn't posted on this thread for a while, so I hoped she was well now.

What a lucky dog she has been (yes, I said lucky) to have you beside her as she has gone through all of this. Whatever she has to go through from this point forward will be bearable for her because of you. Love makes all the difference.

My love to both of you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 11:23 am
@ossobuco,
oooof.

I'm so sorry.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 04:08 pm
@ossobuco,
This is tragic. I'm more sorry to hear this than you would ever believe.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2013 04:38 pm
Oh no.
I lurk here way too much... Ive read the progression over the last few days and my heart just sank.

Hug her, pet her, love her.. but dont forget to do that for yourself too my dear. Sad
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

There is an anti inflammatory that may help in the short term.
Mostly a big no, not at all.

We're (me and the vets) connected re how bad this gets (I'm a hell of an interviewer when I'm crazy) and they and I will be watching to see her not happy.

Oh Jo Darlin' - I'm so glad to have caught up but so sad to find out your & Katy's sad news. Have you started the anti-inflamms or other meds...

I really hope you can keep her pain free... I understand how truly devastating this is for you.

Sending scritches and pats for Katy and big hugs and love to you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Osso&Katy)))))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxx
ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:05 pm
@Izzie,
Yes, apparently pain free so far, to now anyway. She's still eating well, scarfing her food and treats. She's taking the anti inflammatory with peanut butter. We're talking a lot, she and I. I've quit the worrying about her peeing in the house, hell, it's just tile. It's gotten less, in itself not a good sign, but she still is excreting pretty well. I've got doggie diapers but haven't used them yet (what? I have to put her tail through that sized hole?). We'll see. Enjoying our days and nights together, but I'm watching for signs the vet told me about.
Diane

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 06:54 pm
I know we can talk on the phone anytime, but I want to add my love here for you and Katy.xoxoxo
ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 07:46 pm
@Diane,
xoxoxo back.
firefly

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 08:17 pm
@ossobuco,
It's great that Katy is not in apparent pain, and that she's eating well and scarfing her food and treats. She's still enjoying her life, and you can still enjoy it with her, for as long as she's able to do that. She's lucky, she doesn't have to be apprehensive about what may come. Your heart may be heavy, but hers isn't.

I'm glad the two of you are still enjoying your days and nights together. That's good news.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 07:45 am
Dang it. That sucks.

Still, I'm really glad you found each other. Time spent with a dog is always time well spent and I know you both get a lot out of it.

My best to lovely you and lovely Katie.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 07:47 am
@ossobuco,
Hugs to you and Katy. Brady says woof, woof!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 08:41 am
Sorry to read this osso. Hugs to both you and Katie.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2013 08:25 pm
@Tai Chi,
Thanks, Tai. Nice to see you, miss you.

She's ok but going down, that is, ok for this day, mixed signals.
She did snap up the warm sardine fishcake.
vonny

Reply Sun 23 Jun, 2013 04:38 am
@ossobuco,
Love and hugs to you both. I think of Katy daily - and hope that you'll have longer together Laughing
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:27 pm
@ossobuco,
How's Katy doing, osso? I also keep thinking of both of you.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:49 pm
@firefly,
Thank you for the thoughts - I'm trying not to post a lot on it, but naturally she's right here with me all the time - she's peppier and more herself this last few days.
(Maybe it's the diluted shrimp broth...)(kidding).
Maybe it's the anti-inflammatory working.. The veterinarian said studies show actual decrease in tumor size from that, for a while.
vonny

Reply Sun 30 Jun, 2013 12:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Katy's never too far from my thoughts either. Brave little lady - so glad that she's brighter and more like herself at the moment. Whatever the cause - good to have this quality time together for the two of you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:56 pm
Hello, people. I'm home to an empty house. Hard day.
It was a hard weekend for her, no appetite, loss of control. Little wish to move at all though she did get to my bedroom at night. After early saturday, no interest in even licking peanut butter, sipping broth, or, finally, water. That was fast, she had been ok earlier in the week.

I miss my girl horribly. I loved her so. My Katy of Many Wonders.
At the same time, I'm glad we did this today, it was the right time.
Roberta

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:59 pm
@ossobuco,
So, so sad.

My heart goes out to you.

Yes, the right time, the right decision. Doesn't make it any easier.

Sorry.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Ahh darling so so hard.

Sending you so many hugs.

I know you made your time together marvellous.