New old dog: it's love again.

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:01 pm
@ossobuco,
I - no, all of us on A2K - are deeply saddened by the news, Jo.
You and Katy had a good year together.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:06 pm
@Roberta,
And we have thunder right now. She would have loved to bark at it - well, last week she would have loved to.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
They were the perfect match. I only wish it could have lasted much longer
firefly

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm so saddened and sorry, osso.

I wish you and Katy had had a longer time together, but you shared a year of love and caring, and you both gave each other something very special.

My heart is with you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:30 pm
@roger,
It was a good year for both of us, like a continuous talk. Oh god, I'll miss her bumping the bed as she settles in.

Thank you to Roger for being the impetus/go between getting her and me set up.
I wrote the lady at the trust a while ago, and she told me she had fallen for Katy too.. but, I knew that.

It was the veterinarian who took care of Pacco, and helped him pass, that was there today (it's his place, I've always liked his manner and sense). She was calm.
I was crying, in between not cryings.
Diane, Diane, thank you.
That veterinarian is Sally's doc too.

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm so sorry, osso. Like everyone else has said, I had really hoped you would have more time together.

But I do believe that her last year with you made up for what she didn't have before. I'm sure she knew that you really loved her, and to a dog, that means everything. You were a godsend for her.

RIP, (yes, peace), Katy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:59 pm
I am very sorry. There is no expression I know of that can ease the pain.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:09 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm so sorry, Osso. I wish you two could have had more quality time ...

(((HUGS)))
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 10:55 pm
@ossobuco,
So sorry to read about this, Jo!

No words can I find that could express my sorrow. I'm glad at least that you had the time together as short as it was.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 11:20 pm
@ossobuco,
So saddened to read of this loss osso. Thoughts are with you and am glad you had the time with Katy, stocking up treasured memories to carry you forward.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 01:14 am
@ossobuco,
Oh Osso....I am so sorry and sad to hear this.

I know you will do what is best for Katy, but I am so sad for you.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 01:40 am
@ossobuco,
Heart rending. All doggy people know exactly what you're going through.

A big hug from across the pond.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 02:39 am
@ossobuco,
Oh Jo, I guess I knew it was inevitable, but somehow I hoped that there would be more time. I've been almost scared to look at this thread lately - devastated to hear dearest Katy has finally lost her battle. My heart is with you at this time - just wish there was some way to help ease your pain!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:16 pm
How are you doing, osso?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 03:45 pm
@Eva,
I'm a complete strange mess.
I cry in a millisecond.
I expect her to be around the corner.
She's not here.
I can't stand it.
I can stand it.
I'm glad I did it now.
I can't stand it.
Even cleaning the refrigerator, some stuff (the chicken stock/soup she wouldn't touch on sunday is still there. I'm being sentimental about soup.
There are things I can give away.
There are things I can't stand to give away.
Her leash is up there on the wall with Pacco's. The harness is in a drawer, maybe I will donate that, someone can use it.
I have a dog ramp that I bought for Pacco that he didn't like, and I kept because it was expensive. Didn't use it for Katy either. And besides, it's too hot here much of the time, making the ramp hot.
I don't believe she's not here.
I believe it.

I've appreciated RP's thread on old photos, they take me away from myself.

Eva, thank you for asking. I feel like an attention whore but this place helps.
Thank you to everyone who expressed sympathy. I know you all know how it can be.

Which reminds me, how is Liam???????

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:03 pm
@ossobuco,
I lost my little Guinea over four years ago now, but still have sudden yelp moments, dreams, pinings, the lot. The edges get a little smoother as time passes, but she and I were pretty much inseperable for ten years, and must have walked thousands of miles together during that time.

That's about par for the course for the animal lovers that have posted here, and the only comfort we can all take is that the rescue dogs that came into our lives probably experienced a great improvement on what they had before.
Whether it was for one year or ten, they had a chance to experience love, and however much it hurts when they go, you should be happy that you made a difference.

Big hugs to you, Jo. Well done for what you did.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Adds, vonny, I've never inquired more about you loss of Harvey earlier this year. I'm a reticent inquirer most of the time, but tell more - please - if you feel like it; here would be fine with me.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:21 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I remember, Lordytwosqueaks.

On Katy, she made a whale of a difference for me too. Although, she did slim down under the house regime.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Liam is fine. At the moment, he is lying at my feet under the computer desk, snoring loudly. (Makes me grin.)

He is 9 years old now. Hard to believe. I read that Cavaliers' typical lifespan is 9-11 years. But he seems to be in great health, so we shall see. I just love him to pieces.

I do understand how you feel, and I'm sorry you're going through all of this. But I'm so glad you had that year with her.

Thinking of you...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2013 04:39 pm
@Eva,
And I remember your not quite sureness about getting a dog, or I think I do, sort of willing yourself to do it.
Love is good, even if he snores..

Off to yesterday memories, feeling her velvet ears for what would be the last time. That's a good memory, I can still feel it.