New old dog: it's love again.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 11:18 pm
@ossobuco,
I get it they may pump you.

I heard from you that I was late on billing or that they were concerned (never established timing) and it was something like a month and four days.

You would be annoyed if you were me. I might buy a second bag of food if I get a ride to PetSmart and then not bill for a while past that.

Why did the person question you? I know, I know, she's nice, we both like her.

Poor boundaries.

Too much laundry, but I'm pissed. She has my email.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 11:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Was she the one you talked to about your wishes for us doing dog training?

I get your wishes, but not the intervention.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 12:02 am
@firefly,
Hi, Firefly. I'm not usually so consternated.

Katy is fine in the meantime.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 12:58 am
@ossobuco,
Oh, and why are you talking about her dog food and dog treats with them? From either side, why is that happening? I know you mean well.

This is way unprofessional with them. They have my phone number and email. Oh, and my address.
I could talk with them myself but they have never called or emailed past the odd this and that in the beginning.
This is all not cute.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 01:48 am
@ossobuco,
I admit I sort of get it, their liking Katy, but I'm plotzed that they don't talk with me ever and then talk with you about my billing timing or possible training. It's plain screwy.
Sans boundaries.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 04:40 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

She's part yours, you know, Roberta. You're her New Yawk mom.

Thrilled and smiling. When's she gonna visit? I have a feline niece upstate. Haven't met her in the flesh either. But her parents sent me a whisker. A treasure.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 08:30 pm
@Roberta,
Now there would be a trip.
I picture her at our old apartment house.
Well, I would.

I'll send you even the bad photos if you want (though probably not immediately).

On hair, she shoots hair every damned day. I haven't thrown any out yet.
Well, that's a lie. Still, her hair gets to me sympathetically while it balloons my space.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 07:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Roger and I took Katy to get weighed today. She's lost 6 pounds, yay, going from a recorded 66 pounds to 59.9.
nextone

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 10:13 pm
@ossobuco,
Weight loss sounds like good news, less stress on her joints and a lower profile, smaller footprint as she occupies the doorway, making it easier for you to step around or over the jam(b).
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 09:05 am
@nextone,
Yes, it's true, she takes up less space on the floor now! She could and probably will lose a little more, but she is relatively sylphlike in comparison to her body shape in mid May... which was rather canoelike if viewed from above.

Meanwhile, she's back to 8 a.m. breakfast, which follows her 6 a.m. wake up of myself for her morning head scratches and hugs, after which she rests some more. Roger is taking her to visit his sister (and everybody else) at the care facility this morning.

Edit to add that yesterday during the dog shoppe stop for nail clip and dog food she met a completely gorgeous and loudly barking apparent female young Basset Hound. After much consternation from the Basset, whose bark was reminiscent of the sounds of thunder, they touched noses on the Basset's way out.
Roberta

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:13 pm
Svelte, shmelte. I love dat dawg. Love that face. Glad she's losing weight. It's good for her. But a dog has to eat. Sending her an imagined steak--with a bone. Hey, maybe I'll eat one of them, imaginarily speaking.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 02:38 pm
@Roberta,
I'd like a steak too.. rare, please. Preferably in New York, eh? Not that I could spring for tickets for her and me, since even a steak is moolah. I've no idea about giving dogs steak bones as ok or not, would have to check. I sense that they're ok, just not sure.

But that's not in the immediate financial future. Meantime, she's happy with her homemade doggie cookies, made batch number three this week and doubled the number. And today I'm going to unveil a new Ranger Rib and see if she springs toward the ceiling when she sees it. It's pretty much a scene of dog enchantment when she has one near her paws.

I try, try, try to not give her human food (well, there's real chicken and blueberries in the kibble), but she's had a little pork adobo (small pieces and the homemade adobo on the dilute side, nothin bad in it) juice in her kibble when she gets exceedingly kibble bored. Scarf city. She's a New Mexico dog now, pork adobo is a natural.

I love that you love her, Roberta! If I manage to get some prints made somewhere along the line, I'll send you some. Maybe Thomas knows how to do it from what I already posted. One of these days, I'll finish learning how to organize my iPhoto (I still have Katy photos all over the desk top) how to label them, make albums, yadda yadda, and then figure out how to download from my digital canon camera (the one last used in late 2009, the one that still has photos from my California visit left in it, unless they've somehow dissolved), then take more of Katy, then buy some photo print stock, and then print them on my new (long story there) printer. I had to get a printer to type a letter, oy.

How's that for a sentence?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 03:04 pm
@ossobuco,
Re the Basset, it was a very big young Basset. Bigger than Katy.

I just loved (her). But lordy, I'd need a ranch or such to handle a bark like that. It was actually a great bark. I figure Butterfinger (her quickname by me in my mind) uses it a lot. My duplex neighbor might have to kill me if I had such a dog. As it is, both of my near neighbors have dogs or dog visitors that bark sometimes but they are barks I can tune out - and Katy tunes them out now, most of the time. The yippers across the street, yipping not my favorite sound, are still sort of loveable from this far away.
All of those are barks I like being here around me, and Katy is the contralto.

Pacco had a variety of barks and almost bark songs, as Katy has shown she does too when she is dealing with thunderboomers, what a repertoire. Air without the possibility of barks would get to bother me.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 10:07 am
Busy Dog has a new batch of dog cookie treats:

http://www.all-natural-dog-treat.com/peanutbutterdogtreatrecipe.html

easy - but I like the recipe from ehBeth re the treats with mint and parsley better, and I think she does too. However, I was out of both oatmeal and parsley but had peanut butter in the cupboard.
dlowan

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:11 pm
@ossobuco,
What's pork adobo?
roger

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:19 pm
@dlowan,
I think it's the same as abobada. Usually called carne abobada. I'm afraid to order the stuff as the Spanish word for lawyer is remarkably similiar. Food prices are way up, but we're not to the point of cannibalism - yet.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:52 pm
@roger,
http://able2know.org/topic/184658-1

All about carne adovada, or sort of.

It's my go to cooking.
Tai Chi

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:46 am
Yay! A photo! She's lovely. (I am partial to shepherds I confess.)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 02:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Under no circumstances would I want to eat carne abogado.
Osso, I haven't seen this thread at all. I'm so bad at surveying the A2K field.
Congratulations on your new companion; I'm very happy for both of you.
J
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 02:46 pm
@JLNobody,
Hi, love (to Luchi too).

Here's another Fabrizio deAndre song, for Katy (she gets it) and others:
(click ONCE in the middle)