New old dog: it's love again.

firefly

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Anyway, I just noticed, Lovedog slightly wags her upright tail when peeing

Maybe she's just feeling pleasurable relief Smile

None of my female dogs ever wagged when peeing, but one used to lift a leg slightly, more like a male, but without the ability to aim.

Did you figure out what's doing with the camera?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 08:36 pm
@firefly,
No, I'm way too stoopid.

Tomorrow. I'll access wimbledon and the camera site at the same time... that will be nice and confusing. (How could pushing the button not work..)
roger

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll bring some tools next time I'm down. If it don't work then, it'll sure wish it had.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 09:39 pm
@roger,
You have a bigger thumb?

Meantime, thunder is rumbling. She is under the computer desk. I tried the combing routine but we both got distracted.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 01:55 pm
@roger,
I got me some hammers already..

Been watching Wimbledon (in my way, which is blog reading) and cooking, so haven't gotten back to the temporarily forsaken camera.

I'll be interested (you betcha) to see how Principessa Caterina reacts to fireworks noises.
Big cautions here, because of the very dry landscape just ready to fire up.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 04:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Katy has graduated to only having to have her nails trimmed once a month. I got her a special treat today, and she is incredibly taken with it:

http://www.merrickresources.com/resource-files/data-entry/MER_Treats_RangerRib.jpg
Made by Merrick.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Jul, 2012 07:25 pm
@ossobuco,
Girl took a long nap after an hour of bone gnawing.
She's back, and slurping.

I've researched safety of these things, and there is not all so much online. The place I bought it from is super-careful, at least in presentation, and I believe them.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 01:16 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'll be interested (you betcha) to see how Principessa Caterina reacts to fireworks noises.

Principessa Caterina Smile
I like that!

My cat responds with absolute terror to fireworks ... bolts, then hides under the couch for the duration, poor thing.
Here's hoping your experience was (is?) better.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:17 am
@msolga,
Turned out that I didn't hear any.
She does react with vigor to thunder, as mentioned, wanting to boss it around.

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:35 am
@ossobuco,
You're lucky in that, osso. Our old dog Max was so petrified of loud noises (shelter dog) and although we seldom have thunders, when we did, it was terrible for him and we had a hard time comforting him.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 09:45 am
It's weird. My dog has a list of fears, brooms, vacuum, bikes, water hose...so far thunder is not one of them.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 01:23 pm
@Ceili,
That reminds me of the video I saw yesterday where a cat was sitting on one of these round robot vacuums and drove through the house with it.
jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 01:28 pm
@CalamityJane,
My big dog Frankie hates the lawnmower! He actually grabbed a hold of the wheel with his mouth and lifted it up, nearly tipping it over.
roger

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2012 01:33 pm
@jcboy,
When Frankie catches a car, he will know what to do with it.
0 Replies

space007

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:28 am
@ossobuco,
Whether old or new, they are our good friends!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 08:19 am
@Ceili,
Pacco was afraid of purses.
Katy has a mental block about pushing a door further open. I suppose I should try using some treats again. I tried that earlier and the treat wasn't enough of a reward to make her nose the door open.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 08:21 am
@CalamityJane,
My cousin has those. Like some kind of miracle device. Their cats weren't afraid of it, but didn't go for rides.
Irishk

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 08:45 am
@ossobuco,
Here's our Jack showing off his new life-vest. He's not really all that impressed with it and just wanted to be left alone to nap.

We spent the 4th with friends who lit sparklers on the deck just at sunset. Jack saw them from inside and freaked out, dashing to and fro in a panic. We eventually had to close all drapes, shutters and shades in order to calm him, which didn't happen until well after midnight Sad
http://i46.tinypic.com/t9bjmu.jpg
Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 08:46 am
@Irishk,
What a beauty, Irish. Look at that face.
Irishk

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 09:01 am
@Roberta,
Jack says thanks Smile He's happier now the holiday has ended -- he could probably fill a couple of pages in your Kvetch thread about it.
0 Replies