New old dog: it's love again.

roger

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't know what cheap means in this context, but I use Laura Scudder which is nothing but peanuts and salt. It's made by Smucker's, which also produces peanut butter under the Smucker name. The organic variety costs more, but same old peanuts and salt listed as ingredients.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 09:50 pm
@roger,
It means I have to bill it. I hate paperwork. I personally don't eat peanut butter. I missed it in the fifties as a kid treat. I bought the second to the last jar to catch mice. (It worked, another scenario). And the last jar for Pacco for some reason. We all know how long ago that was.

If Katy likes peanut oil on a faux bone, I can work with it.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jun, 2012 10:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Snort.

I found the small container of peanut oil and put it on the counter, crowded what with ongoing cleaning, and put the bone next to it. DogFace showed up nudging me and my arm hit the bone (sans any peanut oil) and she ran away with it.

I think there is some attachment.

Maybe I don't have to brush it with anything. We'll see.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 01:49 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't like it but it's real, so I'll own it - I am just no longer visually the older woman I've shown off and on, a photo taken by Mame. Maybe I should chub up.

Stay tuned for earlier photos as avatars.

I think you look great!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 06:10 am
@roger,
The cheap stuff I buy on occasion is just straight ground peanuts. Works out to about $4/kg. Vile stuff. I don't know how I could eat it in the past.

(we've been using the little 250 g container for about 7 years - it's probably rancid, but the dogs don't care)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 05:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Rereading to find the name of the dog food I now buy (there's a sale now at Pet Smart, not sure it's the exact same thing) and ran across this post --

no, no, she doesn't weigh 162, that was a typo. 62, 62!
roger

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 06:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Sixty-two is good. Even after she relearned to jump into a car, 62 is better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2012 07:27 pm
Meantime, Rags - Katy and I and Roger all like the leash you recommended. In fact, Katy gets happy berserk if one of us touches the leash.

His sister is dismayed by the halter, which I can understand. Helps me on walks though. So, Roger doesn't need that halter help and can bring Katy to the care place successfully without it.

Roger bought a plastic bag thingy device you attach to the leash and this works for him. (He has enough aggravation with a cell phone in his pocket).
For me, it's in my hands' way and is a twiddly thingamagig to boot. I just put a plastic bag in my pocket or around my wrist in bracelet fashion. Different strokes.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:21 pm
@ossobuco,
I just bought a cheapo camera with 27 (probably 24) exposures on it to give it a go for taking some Katy photos that I can scan (iPhoto problem explained before on the thread, haven't gotten around to getting that on my mac again).

I'll do this slowly, looking for fetching places to photo her in the house. Among other things making me not do this in, say, a half hour total - my rugs need vacuuming, what with the lingering fall out of drywall dust from the giant plumbing re-do. Luckily Katy isn't a doggie that licks herself or not that I have seen, but I'm still busy cleaning closets and cabinets, criminy, so I can put stuff away, and haven't gotten to the rugs - but now I have incentive. I figure two or three exposures per place she is lolling about, inside or out - I think inside will be easier. Then I'll take the film to Walgreen's for the big surprise. Good excuse to stop into the Asian Restaurant across the street with Diane (think potstickers) while I wait for results.

Meantime, Roger brought a special tool called a furminator when he visited. I have two dog coat combs - one fat and blue and rubbery, which if nothing else is good for combing sofas and rugs; one toothy comb I liked for Pacco and so far like for Katy. So, I'll give all three the comb test..
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Have worked out enough spots already:

1) living room between kitchen and front door in noon light/curtains open (and maybe opposite direction, that's where her bone is, in late afternoon light)
2) down the hallway on old rug, poor but ok light - I've taken Pacco's photo there, but that was with a Nikon
3) master computer room (hah) on checkered rug near the closet, late afternoon light plus (?) mid room overhead
4) kitchen window and door area, morning light
5) doorway closeup to show why I call her Doorjam
6) shot of her wonderful face
7) shot of her self woven multicolored neck cape
8) maybe conning Roger to at least let me photo her giving his hand her paw

Stay tuned.
This may take more than one roll of film.
roger

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
@ossobuco,
I've no objection to a picture of my hand being posted.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 02:53 pm
@roger,
I guessed that!
Roberta

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 03:13 pm
@ossobuco,
So let's see the pictures already.

(Patience is not one of my virtues.)
Ragman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 11:43 am
@Roberta,
Here, here!
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:49 pm
@Ragman,
Here here here here.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:06 pm
@dlowan,
I told you it would be a while.
Rest already.
dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I told you it would be a while.
Rest already.

Are they ready yet!?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:05 pm
@dlowan,
Snort.

My use of snort as a word is from Patty, I forget her screen name. I'd never considered snorting as some kind of option until I met her.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 06:07 pm
@ossobuco,
We miss pifka and piffka.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2012 01:11 pm
I tried taking a photo and couldn't figure how to work the camera. Press the button, yes? It still stays on 27 photos left.

The box has vague instructions in miniscule print. Off to look at the website. Or maybe ask the guy at the store. Criminy, from Nikon to this.

Anyway, I just noticed, Lovedog slightly wags her upright tail when peeing. Or is she defecating? I don't run right out and check, as it's nearing 100 degrees. I'm not used to female dogs re this aspect, my past dogs male. I can usually see her from the door or back window.