Spanish Thread

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 04:47 pm
Actually my portuguese is pretty bad now. I was never good at writing it (because I learned it by speaking) and now it's becoming a bit like portuñhol as well.

Só que isto não va me impedir.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
Yeah, ok. Just checking..
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:14 pm
Spanish test coming up, and I just wanted a better Spanish speaker to read my sentence.

Yo tengo pantilones azules, y ellos estan holding(dont' know the word Embarrassed ) muchisimo lache. Por fin la pantera puede bebe la lache, pero solo en Lunes.

I am sure I have some mistakes, thanks.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:46 pm
el alcance
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:50 pm
husker wrote:
el alcance

Don't know what alcance means. Holding?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:59 pm
maybe - reaching holding? well the mrs says maybe? a guess
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:02 pm
reach...dude, you're heading for an F with those sentences...lol
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:03 pm
Thanks, you are probably right. Now I can use this sentence on the test and really mess with my teacher. If I don't watch myself I'll end up in the Guidance Counselor's office. Laughing
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:04 pm
panzade wrote:
reach...dude, you're heading for an F with those sentences...lol

Well then what do you suggest man? (1 wrong word won't automatically give me an F, dude. Laughing )
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:06 pm
I could just use the vocabulary words, but that would be no fun. Me regima por mi bienestar. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:06 pm
Hey now! I'm backing off...stepping away. CYA!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:09 pm
panzade wrote:
Hey now! I'm backing off...stepping away. CYA!

I figured that would sound very patronizing, but it wasn't meant to be. That is one problem with typing messages, they can't show my facial expressions, or tone of voice. 1 million apologies Panzade, seriously.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:17 pm
The phrase doesn't make sense, or it makes a weird double sense Wink.

I don't know what do you mean by your pants "holding" milk. I can imagine, though.

It would be like this:

Yo tengo pantalones azules y están sosteniendo (aguantando) muchísima leche. Por fin la pantera puede beber la leche, pero sólo en lunes.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:21 pm
fbaezer wrote:

Yo tengo pantalones azules y están sosteniendo (aguantando) muchísima leche. Por fin la pantera puede beber la leche, pero sólo en lunes.

Quote:
Yo tengo pantilones azules, y ellos estan holding(dont' know the word ) muchisimo lache. Por fin la pantera puede bebe la lache, pero solo en Lunes.

I did pretty good, outside of the misspellings and lack of accent marks. I've been told how to put them on words, but I can never remember...

EDIT: Thank You.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 10:47 pm
What are you trying to say in those sentences, CoL?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:27 am
Basically, "I have blue pants, and they are holding a whole lot of milk. Finally, the panther can drink the milk, but only on Monday.

Really doesn't have any deep symbolic meaning...Just sounds cool.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:36 am
Child, of what origin is your Spanish teacher?

If he is a man and of Mexican origin, I can teach you albures, the Mexican equivalent of hip-hop "battles": double-sense duels. I think you'd like those.
Countries in Central America, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia also send representatives to the Albures World Championship, so they must play it too.
If the teacher is either an American Anglo who learned Spanish, a Spaniard or from the Caribbean, it's no use. S/he won't understand.
If the teacher is female, then you'll get an F, for nastiness.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:46 am
COL here's some practice I think I know what it says - nothing to personal anyway Wink
I just got this email:

LAMENTO NO HABER ESCRITO ANTES, PERO HE ESTADO MUY OCUPADA, COMO ESTA HUSKER? ESTAMOS MUY CONTENTOS DE SABER QUE FALTA MUY POQUITO PARA PODER VERLOS NUEVAMENTE. EN LA IGLESIA ESTAMOS BIEN SEGUIMOS PRACTICANDO PARA TENER UN GRUPO MUSICAL, LOS JOVENES ESTE FIN DE SEMANA PASADO ESTUVIERON EN UN CAMPAMENTO Y ELLOS REGRESARON MUY CONTENTOS.
ESTAMOS CONTENTOS CON NUESTROS PASTORES, ELLOS HAN SIDO DE MUCHA BENDICION EN NUESTRA IGLESIA
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 10:49 am
Child of the Light wrote:
Basically, "I have blue pants, and they are holding a whole lot of milk. Finally, the panther can drink the milk, but only on Monday.

Really doesn't have any deep symbolic meaning...Just sounds cool.

milk in the pants that was making me LOL - lap it up! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 01:40 pm
fbaezer wrote:
Child, of what origin is your Spanish teacher?

If he is a man and of Mexican origin, I can teach you albures, the Mexican equivalent of hip-hop "battles": double-sense duels. I think you'd like those.
Countries in Central America, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia also send representatives to the Albures World Championship, so they must play it too.
If the teacher is either an American Anglo who learned Spanish, a Spaniard or from the Caribbean, it's no use. S/he won't understand.
If the teacher is female, then you'll get an F, for nastiness.

That would absolutely awesome...But sadly my teacher is from Wisconsin. Yeah I didn't mistype, Wisconsin. But she is very learned on the ways of The Spanish world, so she might no what they are anyway.
0 Replies