Women's rights being eroded by republicans

McGentrix

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 03:41 pm
@neptuneblue,

Quote:
Amanda Marcotte is a senior politics writer at Salon and the author of "Troll Nation: How The Right Became Trump-Worshipping Monsters Set On Rat-F*cking Liberals, America, and Truth Itself."

Get a source that matters and stop filling your head with such utter nonsense.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 05:37 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Women do not get pregnant alone and deciding to kill it should also not be a solo event.

And I didn't say anything like that. I said the decision is mine and mine alone. You can feel anyway you want about it, but ultimately, it is MY decision.

When does a fetus turn into a baby? When it hits viability stage, around 24 weeks. Even then, anomalies occur to make a fetus unsustainable for Life and for those pregnancies, exceptions matter. For you to not make those kinds of exceptions for defects to a sustainable Life means hardship for the fetus as it matures. And when I say hardship I mean threatening the life of the mother as the fetus is dying.

You want to play fast and loose with the birth control issue and I'm not going to even entertain your silliness. There's plenty of documentation of pharmacists who refuse to fill prescriptions, health care policies that deny BC coverage, legislation that specifically targets BC to deny access to it and a renewed stance of Conservatives that it's "God's Will" if pregnancy should occur.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2022/05/19/some-states-already-are-targeting-birth-control

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2005/08/beyond-issue-pharmacist-refusals-pharmacies-wont-sell-emergency-contraception#:~:text=Currently%2C%20four%20states%E2%80%94Arkansas%2C,year%2C%20although%20none%20became%20law.

https://reproductiverights.org/u-s-supreme-court-lets-private-companies-deny-birth-control-coverage-to-employees/

https://news.yahoo.com/some-republican-states-set-to-ban-abortion-without-exceptions-for-rape-and-incest-204305491.html

McGentrix

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:45 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
Women do not get pregnant alone and deciding to kill it should also not be a solo event.

And I didn't say anything like that. I said the decision is mine and mine alone. You can feel anyway you want about it, but ultimately, it is MY decision.

The father gets no say in the matter? None?

Quote:
Wieland and his allies failed

Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards, who opposes abortion, promised that if the measure passed, he would veto it.

Quote:
You can buy levonorgestrel morning-after pills (like Plan B One-Step, Take Action, My Way, Option 2, Preventeza, AfterPill, My Choice, Aftera, and EContra) over the counter without a prescription at drugstores and pharmacies. It doesn’t matter how old you are and it doesn’t matter what your gender is.

Quote:
Walmart:
Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive $46.87
Lifestyles Pleasure Collection Assorted Lubricated Latex Condoms with Vibrating Ring, 36 Count $10.18

These are not outrageous prices and insurance shouldn't need to pay for it.

Some states are not doing this. Move to a less strict state.
neptuneblue

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:50 pm
@McGentrix,
The father may or may not have the same viewpoint.

One Democratic Governor out of how many states??

Sure, if a pharmacist "allows" the purchase...

Yes, Insurance should cover basic costs of BC, just like any other medicine.

Yes, pack up and move, that's just soooo easy to do.

Are you for real or just trolling??

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:54 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Was the father involved in the boys upbringing (I hope he was, it is his responsibility too)?

I agree with you about the assholes outside planned parenthood. They can **** right off.

The boy's father was involved.
McGentrix

Thu 7 Jul, 2022 07:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am glad. All too often in those circumstances you see fathers disappear.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Sat 9 Jul, 2022 05:26 am
We'll be seeing a whole lot more like this:

Quote:
Bill would let Ohioans sue over unintended pregnancies
by: Maeve Walsh

Posted: Jul 8, 2022 / 12:47 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 8, 2022 / 06:03 PM EDT

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) – Ohioans who get someone pregnant unintentionally may have to reach deep into their pockets – and stand before a judge – if new legislation succeeds.

Weeks after Ohio’s six-week abortion ban took effect, state Sen. Tina Maharath (D-Columbus) introduced a bill Thursday to allow pregnant people to sue a sexual partner for causing an unintended pregnancy, ostensibly to level the playing field when it comes to the steep costs of pregnancy.

“Too often, this cost is solely the mother’s to bear, especially in the case of an unintended pregnancy,” Maharath said in a release. “However, the father shares equal responsibility for the pregnancy and it is only right that he pays equally for it.”

Under Senate Bill 262, pregnant Ohioans can file a civil suit no later than five years after conception against whoever caused them to have an unintended pregnancy – and anyone who “aids or abets” the impregnator – regardless of the circumstances.

A judge who finds by a preponderance of the evidence that pregnancy was indeed unintended must award the pregnant plaintiff at least $5,000, in addition to court costs and attorney’s fees.

Ohio Right to Life President Mike Gonidakis lambasted Maharath’s legislation as a waste of time and taxpayer money, calling on abortion rights advocates to find “actual solutions” to protect women and children.

If not, they should “simply walk away from the Statehouse,” he said in an email.

“As usual, pro-choice politicians only offer gimmicks and slapstick humor as solutions to women’s issues,” Gonidakis said. “This so-called legislation will not see the light of day and has a zero percent chance of even getting a committee vote.”

Julia Cattaneo, who told NBC4 in March about traveling to New York for an abortion she obtained at 14 years old, said Maharath’s bill could help strengthen child support laws while providing those impregnated by sexual violence an avenue to justice “other than just the criminal courts, which are usually just a slap in the hand.”

“This would give the victim a way to get financial support and hopefully more resources,” Cattaneo, 65, who is now living in Columbus and retired from a career in social work, said. “It also validated that the action of getting someone pregnant does not stop with that action.”

However, she expressed concern about the impregnator not having the financial means to face a civil suit or fork over at least $5,000 to the person they got pregnant.

The main issue she said SB 262 presents is the possibility that the burden of proving an unintended pregnancy — which could be tough to demonstrate in court — will fall on the pregnant plaintiff.

“What I would like to see is a bit more general,” Cattaneo said. “Any person who forces an individual to follow through with an unwanted pregnancy should have to take responsibility for that individual and the outcome of that forced birth.”

Lizzie Whitmarsh, a spokesperson for Ohio Right to Life, said in an email that SB 262 is offensive, as it implies that women “are too stupid” to make responsible choices with a sexual partner, instead shifting the blame on men.

“Isn’t this what feminist[s] have fought against for years?” she said. “Women are smarter than that. We are not helpless victims that have no say over the choices we make, including those choices in the bedroom.”

She added that Maharath’s bill denigrates a pregnancy by treating it as “something ugly and inconvenient, worthy to be sued over.”

Just hours after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, ending 50 years of abortion rights, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost successfully petitioned a judge to lift an injunction against Ohio’s 2019 heartbeat bill, effectively outlawing abortion once fetal cardiac activity is detected.

Maharath called the six-week ban a “draconian” measure that prohibits abortion before many people even know they are pregnant.

During a press conference Thursday in which President Biden shared his plans to sign an executive order protecting abortion access in the U.S., he mentioned a case in Ohio that made national headlines where a 10-year-old girl was forced to travel to Indiana to receive an abortion, as state law barred her from receiving the procedure.

“This law is already having devastating effects, as we learned that a 10-year-old rape victim had to travel out of state to receive an abortion,” Maharath said. “While this situation is tragic and should never have happened, I am relieved that she had the resources to leave Ohio to have a necessary medical procedure.”

Pending in the Ohio Statehouse are two bills that would ban abortion outright, with no exceptions for rape or incest. While lawmakers are no longer in session, the Republican-dominated legislature could pass either bill as soon as their return in November.

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/bill-would-let-ohioans-sue-over-unintended-pregnancies/
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Sat 9 Jul, 2022 12:44 pm
1. Women have an expiration date for the most part. Twenty five is the classic number. Anything after that is considered a cow or some sorta breeder or just bad stock.
2. For a while you literally could buy, trade, and sell women ( or even entire families ). More or less today.
3. Genetically wise while a woman is able to think/act as a man including exceed academically, when it comes to the opposite sex she still accepts her place.
4. You go up the food chain all of these well educated girls are their for their bodies and that is it. They do not work and if any education will never surpass the men they are with.
5. The only reason why feminism survives today is same reason why Roller Derby is still active. The same people who contend are the same ones who support it. It is basically a type of religion, or cult.
6. Most women in feminism or who attends do not have real lives and or enjoys the power knowing they are above other women, excluding the men. They take joy out of the rush of power, and is the reason why anybody talks.
7. If real women was to take up the stuff in college that nobody wants to learn and take spouses who need them more then they need them. Then things would actually be equal. Even so between the sexes she would still be under him, as women are instinctively and biologically enjoy being dominated by men, and allow/prefer men who are better then them.
8. Their is no equality when you promote violence and do not want to do any of the technical or labor intensive work.
9. They ( she ) is just their for sex and if she was to actually accept her nature as a type of support ( psychologically ) then the world would actually be a better place. Instead "she" chases the men who look like they are successful and or allow herself to be dominated by violent men ( because instinct ) to even making herself unreachable only to income ( gold digging whore ) limits her ability to actually function or be anybody at all as a human.
0 Replies