Women's rights being eroded by republicans

RexRed

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 02:29 am
This is my thread to post issues regarding the offensive and vile republican attack on woman's rights and health issues. I support women's rights 100% and find this attack on women just as repulsive as their attack on gays and marriage equality. We have to get these slime bags out of office now!

How about we start with this latest attempt to conform the public to their dark ages theology.

Mississippi GOP Passes Anti-Abortion Bill With Heartbeat, Transvaginal Ultrasounds, Personhood, And Anti-Contraception Measures

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/16/mississippi-gop-passes-anti-abortion-bill-with-heartbeat-transvaginal-ultrasounds-personhood-and-anti-contraception-measures/

I support the living OVER the unborn. I supports a woman's choice over the choice of religious lunatics and their mission from their fairy tale God... Do we need tax exempt churches undermining our civil liberties and "PERSONHOOD"? Since when is a church a person?

According to the bible (a virtually unscientific book) life begins at the first breath.... "breath of life"

But if these republican religiophobes were to adopt the bible's "life at first breath" concept then they could not wield their corporate dollars to expunge the female vote while also disenfranchising minorities.

We on the left need to not only rid our government of these religious male chauvinist pigs and racists but we need to stop gap our legislature so they can never rear their ugly head like this. We cannot allow this type of attempt to violate our separation of church and state so as to impinge on our social and civil rights in such a vulgar manner as this.

Ending politically charged tax exempt status for churches is the very first step.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 11,434 • Replies: 167
Topic Closed

RexRed

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 02:39 am
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/RexRed/417307_10150619189696275_177486166274_9592245_273257086_n.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 02:39 am
http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss264/RexRed/421371_409150149110502_108038612554992_1571339_353595338_n.jpg
hawkeye10

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 02:54 am
@RexRed,
Women have the inalienable right to decide whom they open their legs for, not to decide what happens as a consequence to that decision.
RexRed

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 03:23 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Women have the inalienable right to decide whom they open their legs for, not to decide what happens as a consequence to that decision.
So are you saying a "man" decides the consequences of what happens within a woman's body? Or a certain group of men with religious concerns and not health concerns? Do you have a choice concerning your own life or should a woman decide your health plans? Should an elite group of women decide your health plans on religious or scientific grounds?
hawkeye10

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 10:29 am
@RexRed,
I am saying that once a guy and a girl start a baby what happens should not be up to the girl alone. She decided to open her legs and she took the risk that a baby could be started when she decided to remain fertile....she got to the point of loosing full control of her reproductive system through her own choices.
RexRed

Sat 17 Mar, 2012 12:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am saying that once a guy and a girl start a baby what happens should not be up to the girl alone. She decided to open her legs and she took the risk that a baby could be started when she decided to remain fertile....she got to the point of loosing full control of her reproductive system through her own choices.

It would be nice if that is the way life is but it is not. In the animal kingdom many male animals will eat their young if they are given a chance.

Some species of mother snakes will climb trees and drop their newborns from trees in order to avoid being stung and killed by her own offspring.

Providence gave men brute and gave women the reproductive organs.

Women and men are not wolves nor are they snakes but sometime we behave like them.

Men start their wars give their sons guns and send them off to die for what they call a "just cause".

I tend to think men use their brute too often for bad causes.

Neither sex is innocent. It all comes down to control. If a spouse goes out and has extramarital sex the other spouse has a choice... They can either leave their unfaithful partner or they can live with it. It is all about choice and living with the consequences afterwards.

So a man has sex with a woman and from that point on thinks he has the right to limit a woman's choice. Many sexual encounters today are done outside the boundaries of any matrimonial bonds. Are you saying a woman should not have the right for second thoughts? Maybe a man before he makes a woman pregnant could inquire as to the mental state of his partner before producing an offspring?

You know like, first marry her and secondly provide her with a stable home. This is not often the case and when it is not... a woman should have the right to (wrong or right) abort the fetus. Making a baby is a partnership only if both partners plan on hanging around to raise the child. Considering that most men won't even change their own kids baby diapers women are more-so than not just left to fend for themselves and a child. I see no reason why male brute and force disguised as law should apply to the general rights of a woman's reproductive organs.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Too bad the S.C. dosent agree with you.
hawkeye10

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 12:43 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Too bad the S.C. dosent agree with you.

SCOTUS has very often been wrong over the last few decades, which is why they are held in much lower esteem around the world than they used to be.
Rickoshay75

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:05 pm
@RexRed,
That's just the way Republicans are and have always been. And even if the blatant insult to young women kills their election plans, they won't let up, as evidenced by their leader, Limbaugh --- never give in, never give up
hawkeye10

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 01:33 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

That's just the way Republicans are and have always been. And even if the blatant insult to young women kills their election plans, they won't let up, as evidenced by their leader, Limbaugh --- never give in, never give up

A more fair person would say that is is clear through their behavior that Rebubs believe in the values that they claim to believe in. But no, you need to put a negative spin on it.
Rickoshay75

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 07:48 pm
@RexRed,
What women need is a strong country wide organization and a strong leader, one that doesn't smile, isn't afraid of Limbaugh.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 09:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
A more fair person would say that is is clear through their behavior that Rebubs believe in the values that they claim to believe in.

No, that would be a completely delusional person, Hawk. Republicans are so confused and hypocritical that they can't keep their "rights" straight.
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 18 Mar, 2012 09:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
SCOTUS has very often been wrong over the last few decades,

Personally, I'm glad they weighed in on this.

http://www.duckboy.com/images/stories/PostCards/404.jpg

0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 19 Mar, 2012 02:55 pm
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#46766656
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 25 Mar, 2012 02:04 pm

Thank you President Obama, representative Nancy Pelosi and the democrats for healthcare reform!
0 Replies

JTT

Sun 25 Mar, 2012 04:49 pm
Did ya see that great Non Sequitur comic strip, [found it. it's way better than my explanation.]

http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2012/03/21

Rickoshay75

Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Both men and women are slaves of their innate instincts. Neither has the power to change who and what they are.

RABEL222

Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:08 pm
@Rickoshay75,
This is BS. Humans have free will and the power to control their instincts. It the difference between humans and the apes.
hawkeye10

Tue 27 Mar, 2012 01:25 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

This is BS. Humans have free will and the power to control their instincts. It the difference between humans and the apes.

Sure, but demands that I not be true to myself quickly run out of legitimacy and become oppression. You might think that you can build a better human, but you have very limited rights to try to refashion me.