Can we just !/$$!?$?! leave now?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 09:10 pm
@roger,
I'm more cynical than you are, but I suppose that past that, I don't get our feet in all these places, us flinging power and money.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 09:20 pm
@JTT,
Dipshit, I sometimes agree with you.

I ignore you since you are apparently without any clue re invading threads. None, you are a complete thread destroyer no matter the subject, hysteric.

You don't like me? I'll live with it.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 09:33 pm
@ossobuco,
All right. I've posted my views over many years, but I try not to be repetitive.

now there is this annoying kumquat, circa 2005, who wants to slash and burn and call me a hypocrite. This is a raging adolescent of probable advanced years.

But back to the subject at hand. We do not belong in Afghanistan.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 09:34 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Dipshit, I sometimes agree with you.

I ignore you since you are apparently without any clue re invading threads. None, you are a complete thread destroyer no matter the subject, hysteric.

You don't like me? I'll live with it.

I can't take criticism of America from a Canadian seriously.

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 09:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
He doesn't sound like a canadian to me, he sounds like an enraged u.s. person who went to canada.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 09:57 am
Who's a Canadian?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:38 am
@Foofie,
This guy.
http://daily-steampunk.com/steampunk-blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Captain_Kirk.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:58 am
@izzythepush,
I watched an old cowboy movie with Shater called "White Commanche" about a half breed Indian-white, and plays two parts; as head of a tribe, and as the brother out to kill his Indian brother.

Used to love cowboy shows when young, so I bought a case full of them a few months ago at Target.
JPB

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 11:17 am
Quote:
Afghanistan's president on Thursday called for U.S. and other foreign forces in Afghanistan to leave villages in the country and move to larger bases instead, according to Hamid Karzai's office. More

He's also calling for moving the timeline up by a year to the end of 2013.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 12:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I saw that on TNT a few years back, there's something quite comic and a little bit camp about it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:57 pm
@JPB,
Quote:
I don't see it as a terrorist action, then, or now.

It's the dictionary definition of terrorism, JPB. It's the FBI definition. It was terrorism before the illegal invasion. Trying to force a change in government is terrorism. Having your CIA in there fomenting trouble is terrorism.

Quote:
Why did I endorse going in? It was the dumb hope that those who saw us as liberators (there were many, then) would be liberated from their oppressors (wishful thinking) while we sought out OBL, et al (the true goal). [/quote]

"many?", I think that you are swayed by the propaganda. Regardless, it is, quite simply, terrorism, to try to force a governmental change upon another country. The US is doing it in Cuba and who knows where else around the world. I suspect many places, save where the US has its own brutal dictator in place.

Quote:
Bullshit, in the case of Afghanistan. Welcome to the new age of the definition of war.

That's the whole point of the rule of law, JPB. You can't change the law just to suit your own selfish purposes. Of course, one can't deny that the US does this - it's been a process that the US has engaged in since its founding.

But all that says is that the US is a criminal country, no different than what the Nazis were.

I must say, however, that I truly appreciate your personal honesty and integrity.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 06:59 pm
@JTT,
you know, that's the thing about terrorism, jtt.

when you broaden the definition to where everything is terrorism, it's not as scary any more...

roger

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:03 pm
@Rockhead,
It's like business, Rocky. You gotta focus on everything.

I just love mindless slogans.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:03 pm
or maybe that's more scary.

I don't really know...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I can't take criticism of America from a Canadian seriously.

You can't face the facts, Cy. Remember your flimsy, oh so lame "argument" about why the US isn't a terrorist nation. Your whole shtick was blown with that piece of drivel.

You have never once addressed any facts, facts put in place here by honest Americans who are only repeating information found in the public record.

You don't offer anything, zippo, nada, because you can't. It doesn't matter if I'm Canadian, Russian, American, French, Swiss, Nicaraguan, Vietnamese, Chinese, ... .

What matters is all you have to offer is this vacuous nothingness. But hey, don't let me stop you. That's what you do, that's what you do well, vacuous nothingness.
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:22 pm
@Rockhead,
You know, Rocky, that's the thing about these mindless quips you once in a blue moon inject. Try dealing with the facts.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:27 pm
@JTT,
I think you should challenge finn to a cage match.

that might would be entertaining...
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:32 pm
@Rockhead,
I knew it.

Your mindlessness precedes you, Rocky.

What is it that you find so difficult about the facts?
Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:35 pm
@JTT,
I'm not the one giving you zeroes, btw.

that's obviously another of your fans...

enjoy your evening, jtt.

It is evening, is it not?
JPB

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 07:41 pm
@JTT,
Definitions change over time and, in the case of 9/11, the definition of war changed here. Was it late in coming? Yes, surely. Should we have had a broader world view than our own? Absolutely. Did we have reason to go into Afghanistan and route out the Taliban and Al qaeda? Hell, yes. Did we have real reason to think we could impact a cultural change? Probably not.

We each read what we read, JTT. I try to take the perspective that there are always as least two sides to every story. I tend to come down somewhere in the middle which doesn't make my position popular with anyone in either camp.

Even today, with Karzai's demand that the US troops leave the villages and move to the more centralized areas, I could hear the pleas of the villagers who are concerned about the return of the Taliban. There's nothing black and white about the situation in Afghanistan. It's ugly and very, very grey.