Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:14 pm
That is a very nice piercing. <nods>

Obscene? Those people must never have left the U.S. - and never picked up a German news magazine.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:24 pm
The news magazine that I read don't have nudity unless it's about the differnce of the sexes, beth, but I know what you mean. As a european, I don't find nudity in itself offensive nor obscene, but I guess that could be a close call!
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:24 pm
Sound familiar?

Why are there so many incompetent boobs?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:19 pm
Oh. So it wasn't a pastie after all, huh?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:21 pm
I see what you mean.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:03 pm
eoe,

I agree
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:26 pm
I remember hearing the boys talk about blue movies on the french channel when I was in grade school. I can't believe a boob is obscene.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:29 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Wilso wrote:
They were showing full nudity on TV here 30 years ago!

Shocked

got any reruns??? :wink:

A whole generation of Australian kids got their sex education from a 1970's Aussie drama called Number 96. That show was about 50 years ahead of it's time. Nudity, homosexuality-you name it, Number 96 tore the lid off it.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 06:52 am
96, hmmm. sounds like they could've easily reversed the numbers.

upon further review of the incident, i can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that i found it... titillating.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:33 am
i don't find nudity offensive, but I don't find myself wanting my children to experience it (other than themselves bathing and changing) at their ages. I would have been a bit more ticked off than I am if my child was watching, but as she wasn't...I'm only a little bit ticked.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 07:42 am
Onyxelle- I too, do not find nudity offensive. In fact, I found it sad when John Ashcroft draped the nude statue in Washington. What I find distressing is the way the media seems to be going in for the titillating sort of behavior. It is one thing to see a beautiful nude work of art, and quite another to see a woman's clothes torn off her.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:40 am
sozobe wrote:
And who's complaining?

Chortling at the naked machinations going on, but not complaining. If my 3-year-old had seen the boob, I wouldn't mind in the least. She likes boobs. The New Yorker and such often has nudity, she approves. ("A boobsie!") (The playacting of violently ripping off the clothes apparently against Janet's wishes part might have bothered me, but not the naked boob qua naked boob.)

Are you trying to mold your 3 yearold into a Lesbeian?
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:42 am
you can't mold anyone into being a lesbian...i hope that was a joke.
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:22 am
"... When Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake culminated the event by simulating sex acts on stage leaving nothing to the imagination, when Timberlake tore off the covering of her breast in an act that was as well planned as it was well lied about, when the half-time show ended with a half-naked woman on the stage, what did the world think last night?

This nation, this culture on display before their eyes: Did they even wonder if this was the same America that God had at one time made into such a great nation, that He had blessed with prosperity and success unparalleled in the accounts of human history? ..."

LAST NIGHT'S SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW WAS DAMAGING AND A MARK OF EVIL UPON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. MANY CHILDREN AND FAMILIES WERE JOLTED BY WICKEDNESS.

When Janet Jackson came on stage with her troupe of male and female sex slaves, when she danced with girls dressed as men and men so decorated with make-up and costume as to look like participants in a homosexual transvestite rally, what did our sons think last night?

When P. Diddy and Nelly came on stage with what appeared to be a high school cheerleading team, when these men exhorted the girls to "take off their clothes" because they "were looking for the right time to shoot their steeze (seed)" and "can't nobody stop the juice," and when the girls did tear off their cheerleading uniforms revealing much skimpier garments underneath, what did our daughters think last night?

When Kid Rock came on stage draped in an American flag, when he sang about "finding a spot to pimp, I'm a Kid Rock up and down your block, with a bottle of Scotch and watch lots of crotch," when scantily clad women waved the same flags behind him that our best sons died for, what did our country think last night?

When Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake culminated the event by simulating sex acts on stage leaving nothing to the imagination, when Timberlake tore off the covering of her breast in an act that was as well planned as it was well lied about, when the half-time show ended with a half-naked woman on the stage, what did the world think last night?

This nation, this culture on display before their eyes: Did they even wonder if this was the same America that God had at one time made into such a great nation, that He had blessed with prosperity and success unparalleled in the accounts of human history?

Can we even wonder anymore?

The damage afflicted upon this nation by the indifference of the church and the de facto support if not gross participation of Christians in the immorality of our day is irreparable.

How many thousands of churches across this nation made this pagan ritual the very centerpiece of their worship yesterday! How many thousands of children from Christian families learned more yesterday about the pleasures of indiscriminate alcohol consumption and illicit sexuality from the advertisements of soul-less, conscious-less corporations than they did about the character of a Holy God and His desires for us.

We are engaged in a war for the hearts and souls of our children and the very future of our nation. We saw this last night. As God's people, we don't have the choice of whether we will fight or not. We must fight, or we do not love Him or His creation as we ought.

By aligning your disposable income with your moral convictions, you are taking the first step towards not only being a steward of the blessings God has given you, but towards making a positive impact upon the nation in which God has placed you to live. Please, take the first of these steps today.

Quote:
Conservative Coalition blames the FCC's loose standards for the NFL Super Bowl's half-time obscenity on CBS -- Democrat FCC member is right; licenses must be revoked

Washington D.C. -- Conservative Coalition of America, the largest pro-family grassroots organization in America, blames the lack of oversight by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) during the past several years for the outrageous National Football League's Super Bowl half-time show. CBS allowed its sister station, MTV, to air a segment in which rap singer Justin Timberlake disrobed singer Janet Jackson exposing her right breast in front of tens of millions of children all over the world.

President of the Conservative Coalition of America Roberta Combs said, "Although legislation introduced in Congress to increase penalties for repeated offenses to $7.5 million per offense is a good start, Conservative Coalition agrees with Mr. Michael Copps, one of the FCC Democrat commissioners that station licenses for repeated obscenity offenses should be revoked. The FCC itself has to accept most of the blame for last night's immoral broadcast on CBS. The FCC, with a 3 Republican member majority, has refused to punish the television networks for allowing the use of the F-word and for other outrageous behavior during the past year. And these so-called entertainers have taken advantage of the lack of oversight by the FCC."

Left-wing entertainers and the national television networks have been flaunting the broadcasting decency standards for years. It is time for Congress to apply some oversight to the Federal Communications Commission which hasn't been doing its job. Mrs. Combs said, "Congress needs to move aggressively to pass legislation which will finally and severely sanction those individuals and broadcasting companies and stations which violate decency standards. The American people demand it."

CBS just can't do family values. The MTV produced Super Bowl half-time show was a disgrace. The Super Bowl is something the whole family watches and is not an appropriate place for Janet Jackson to have her costume ripped away to reveal her breast. The entire half time belonged in a rapper bar and not on national TV. The kind of music played would not be allowed in most American homes. I would urge you to contact the NFL and tell them not to allow CBS to air any more Super Bowl games and to stay away from MTV productions for any half-time at any game.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:24 am
Phoenix, you're exactly right - on all points.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:24 am
Wow. Seek professional help.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:30 am
I don't think that entire screed is kjvtrue's own words. I think he/she is posting someone else's screed without attribution.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:43 am
kjvtrue

Thank God most Christians don't really care. It's just a boob, and even if it isn't, you are living in a fantasy world if you think you can change things with that kooky righteous indignation thing you got going there.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
i wonder is more of a backlash at the moral degradation of our society at this moment in history
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 10:50 am
Husker,

??
0 Replies