Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:36 pm
Wilso wrote:
I can't believe the amount of fuss and discussion over one rather saggy unattractive breast.

Saggy? Unattractive? It isn't THAT saggy. You only get "pert" breasts at a very young age, after that gravity plays a role. Oh yes, and pert with the fake boobs too. Why is is unattractive??

Do all men expect breasts to be full and pert to be attractive? Sheesh!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:36 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, I saw Bill O'Reilly the other night going on and on about how this should be a main issue in the presidential campaign. He was saying how disgusting it is that children could be exposed to something so outrageous. It made me kind of sick. The Bill O'Reilly tirade, I mean.

Bill O'Reilly sounds like a nut job. Not that it should surprise me. Wink Why on earth should this be involved with the presidential campaign? That makes no sense to me. I wonder when FOX is going to wise up and see him for the @ss that he is. Ooops, I forgot...for some it's entertaining. THAT's why FOX keeps him around. Ironic, isn't it? If the USA was the type of country O'Reilly spouts off that he thinks it should be, he wouldn't even be on the air. What a windbag.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:42 pm
ehBeth wrote:
and the lawsuit. The woman threatening to sue because her children might have been exposed to a breast. Do these people never go to food courts in malls? There are women breast-feeding in there regularly. Americans are weird. That's all I can figure from this.

Someone is threatening to sue over this? *shakes head* Only in the land of litigation this would happen. (i.e. land of litigation = U.S.A.) Talk about a money grab! It's been my observation that young children take the lead of their parents...if it isn't a big deal to their parents, they don't get overly excited over it. How old are these kids? What exactly is her suit over? How are her kids harmed by this? I can see that lawsuit getting tossed out the window. Geez...talk about an overreaction. That woman needs to get a clue.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:43 pm
I saw a breast once . . .

. . . made me want to rape and kill . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:44 pm
3 canajuns complained to the CBC - out of what, 30,000,000+ ?
10 complained about a beer ad.
we're different here.
we've got our priorities straight.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:44 pm
Actually, I heard that the woman has decided not to sue over it. I don't know any more detail than that though. Maybe they paid her off.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:46 pm
kickycan, am i always reading yesterday's paper?
details, i want details!
0 Replies

BillW

Wanna bet she was Republican............
0 Replies

ehBeth

actually, i have heard a bit more. apparently, she said she would hold her lawsuit, until she was sure the government was handling this properly - or some such silliness.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:48 pm
Yeap, Republican Exclamation
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:50 pm
Jackson Suit Dropped

Woman had sought billions for Super Bowl flash

A Tennessee woman has dropped her class action lawsuit against Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake, MTV, CBS and their parent company, Viacom, just one week after filing it in response to the now infamous Super Bowl halftime breast flash.

Knoxville native Terri Carlin filed a proposed class action lawsuit in a U.S. District Court last Wednesday, charging the accused with causing her and "millions of others" to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury." The suit sought billions of dollars damages. According to Carlin's dismissal paperwork, she plans to wait and see if outrage over the incident will prompt new measures to prevent "indecent" material from airing on primetime television again.

Some changes have already been established. CBS, having been burned at the Super Bowl, ran a five-minute tape delay last Sunday for its coverage of the Grammy Awards. ABC is planning a five-second delay during its February 29th Academy Awards telecast. The Federal Communications Commission is also investigating the incident, having fielded almost as many complaints in the time since the flash as it did in all of 2003. Congress is also discussing more stringent rules, regulations and fines for networks that air "indecent" material at certain hours.

Source
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 03:52 pm
See, see there . . . all you wimmins . . .

Them breasteses of yourn is indecent . . .
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:03 pm
That moron and all the idiots like her are wasting our tax dollars. Can we sue her for being a greedy self-righteous bitch?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:45 pm
BillW wrote:
So, what you are saying Brand X is that they are the only ones in America with standards, come on now............

200,000 / 220,000,000 = 0.090909%

No, but they make up the so called 'accepted community standards' population that the FCC uses as a bench mark for such. Or something like that.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 04:51 pm
I don't think so - it is what the administration wants to do. It's called politicising an issue.

This can be base postive/centrist effective; therefore, help from many sides - so they decide to blow it out of proportion!

I doubt it if even 33% of Americans even give a ****......
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:04 pm
I think that 33% of Americans probably do give a ****. I mean, once they are told that this is the **** that they should give a **** about . . . sheep!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 05:07 pm
How does the question go - Did you have sex with that girl.......................................

If you say the tit thing was kinda cute, then you must be a pervert - right Question
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:35 pm
Quote:
charging the accused with causing her and "millions of others" to "suffer outrage, anger, embarrassment and serious injury."

I have "suffered outrage" and "anger" over this ridiculous lawsuit, not to mention "embarrassment" for this woman. Think I have a case against her? Razz

Just what was the serious injury? Did she trip over her feet dashing for the remote control to change the t.v. channel? I don't get it.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
See, see there . . . all you wimmins . . .

Them breasteses of yourn is indecent . . .

Bet that isn't what you tell certain wimmins. Very Happy
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2004 06:42 pm
caprice wrote:
Quote:
Just what was the serious injury? Did she trip over her feet dashing for the remote control to change the t.v. channel? I don't get it.

I don't get it either...some people will find any reason to sue, as long as they know there's money in it for them.
0 Replies