Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:20 pm
Wilso wrote:
They were showing full nudity on TV here 30 years ago!

Shocked

got any reruns??? :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:40 pm
Recently out on the wire
Quote:
The chief federal regulator of broadcasting said Monday he was outraged by the Super Bowl halftime show in which Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's costume, exposing her breast, and said he was ordering an immediate investigation.

Timberlake blamed a "wardrobe malfunction," but Federal Communications Commission chief Michael Powell called it "a classless, crass and deplorable stunt."

Quote:
Over-the-air television channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The FCC defines obscene material as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:48 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Wilso wrote:
They were showing full nudity on TV here 30 years ago!

Shocked

got any reruns??? :wink:

Here, too.

Back sometime in the 70s, the "liberal protestant" broadcaster (one of seven or eight broadcasters sharing what were then two public TV channels) decided to do a shocker and have a stark naked girl, just standing there, on stage amidst the talkshow or comedy show or whatever it was that was going on. Something Bloom was her name I think.

Anyway, they broke the taboo, and that was that, nobody's looked back since, basically.

Oh, and that "protestant liberal" broadcaster (each of those seven/eight above-mentioned public broadcasters represents a political or religious current) lost the "protestant" bit shortly after that and just became liberal ... :wink:
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:02 pm
Quote:
Over-the-air television channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The FCC defines obscene material as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.

Well I would say that the "wardrobe malfunction" was lacking in any sort of value, however I wouldn't deem it obscene or indecent. It's a woman's boob for crying out loud! In and of itself it is not indecent or obscene. In the context of the performance, sure it was in bad taste, but that's about it. I think getting all worked up about it just sends the wrong message.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:20 pm
ok - this is way better than Madonna kissing Britney - well in my opinion! Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
So, is anyone interested in seeing Michael's boobs?
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:25 pm
The kiss thing was highly over-rated in my opinion. If the media hadn't pounced on it in the manner they did, no one would have cared. It's been done before.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:44 pm
Now there's a thought, Dys.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:49 pm
Dys, most likely, the Jackson's all go to the same surgeon. So once you've seen one Jackson boob, you've seen them all.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:19 pm
great a family of boob heads
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:37 pm
Why didn't she just return the favour and unzip him?
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:43 pm
Somethings are to be kept inside at all times.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:41 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
Somethings are to be kept inside at all times.

Yup. Tell Richard Hatch!! *LOL*
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:44 pm
So back to chjsa's post, wasn't the right one smaller? If not, please 'splain, in terms of sq. mm.s
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:47 pm
caprice wrote:
Yup. Tell Richard Hatch!! *LOL*

But according to Tina on the morning show "at least it was blurred" she had to see it for real.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:52 pm
FCC Chairman Michael Powell told CNN he was watching the game Sunday evening with his two children and found the display of flesh during the halftime show "outrageous."

I wonder how old his kids are. If they are REALLY young, they couldn't care less I'm sure. Instead of being so outraged, maybe Powell should use this event as a teaching tool for his kids.

1.) Sh*t happens. The unforseen and unexpected will always happen.

2.) Women's breasts are a beautiful part of the female body. They aren't something routinely shown in the uncovered state, but they are not shameful.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:54 pm
If I was Tina, I'd tell Hatch "cover it up or I'm going to find a whole new use for this machete."
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:56 pm
One Word that explains the event- SWEET!!!!

One emoticon that explains the event- Very Happy SWEET!!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:02 pm
According to white house sources, George W. Bush was also watching the game. When the unfortunate incident at halftime occured, he was reported to have said, "Hey Dad! Look, bare tit!"
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
Beyonce is about 22 years old. Janet is staring hard at 40. She's gotta work a little harder to compete.
What I absolutely hate is, when the public doesn't respond positively to their antics, they try and play it off as an accident. What? They didn't rehearse? Didn't then do a dress rehearsal? Is it common to wear a pastie with no plans to expose it?
If you're bold enough to do it, be bold enough to accept the response, good or bad. Mad
0 Replies