Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:56 am
Quote:
Who Cares?

From a personal perspective, I don't care either. I don't even watch the Super Bowl. I care from another point of view. It seems to me that our culture has reached a point where pushing the envelope appears to be de rigeur.

It is a sad commentary on the state of our society where an exciting game is not considered to be sufficent stimulation to keep viewers attentive!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:16 am
Phoenix32890
Pushing the envelope. Hell the envelope has been pushed with no endpoint in sight thanks to our "entertainment" industry.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:42 am
I checked out the links, it seems somewhat possible that he was supposed to tear off the leather but not the red thing underneath.

Whatever, though. <shrug>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:09 am
Phoenix link is funny - JANET BARES BREAST DURING DINNER HOUR - heehee. Dinner hour?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:11 am
littlek wrote:
Phoenix link is funny - JANET BARES BREAST DURING DINNER HOUR - heehee. Dinner hour?

<snicker> I'll have to send this to my husband. Embarrassed
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:12 am
L'k
LOL - I have to contain myself now!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:09 am
*LOL*
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
I'm thinking 2 pencils
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:38 am
Well, of course it was staged. And I am grown up. I think staging this in that place at that time is an ... interesting malfunction.

We are fairly puritan about sex in the US at the same time we are much into violence as entertainment. Still, even I think this was dumb judgement, re the tv time schedule, although most California kids wouldn't be shocked.

I find it an interesting juxtaposition of this halftime surprise and the game. I did watch the last quarter: it was a good game, and the players on both teams were not showboating.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:40 am
(*)( )

Note how the one on the right appears smaller. It isn't.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 11:52 am
cjhsa wrote:
(*)( )

Note how the one on the right appears smaller. It isn't.

Huh???
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:05 pm
Janet's boobs.....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:09 pm
Cool thingie she got on that breast, tho ... I mean the sun-like thing. Kinda neat.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:20 pm
I haven't been following Janet Jackson's career, but my guess is that doing half-time of the Superbowl is not for the cutting-edge performer. It was a slightly desperate career move, perhaps?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:39 pm
Actually D'art, there was an article in the NYT about how in these days of declining music sales, and with MTV producing, it IS a prime spot. Evidently nobody MTV asked said no.

The lack of cutting-edge-ness is more about wanting to appeal to the broadest swath possible.

nimh, I know! One of the pics on the Drudge report site showed it in close up, I think it's actually anchored as a nipple ring. Speaking of cutting-edge, cooler than I'd give Janet credit for.

My conspiracy theory -- CBS and MTV wanted to part ways on the halftime show thing. This is win-win for everyone across the board. CBS gets buzz without responsibility. MTV gets street cred. ("The suits couldn't deal with us...") Janet Jackson, who is hardly the babe of the moment, gets her boob everywhere. Justin Timberlake, who is trying to be less boy band, gets some bad boy publicity.

Handshakes all around.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:42 pm
I saw Janet on Oprah several years ago (pushing the Velvet Rope CD). She talked about her nipple piercings and embarassed the hell out of Oprah.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:43 pm
sozobe wrote:
Actually D'art, there was an article in the NYT about how in these days of declining music sales, and with MTV producing, it IS a prime spot. Evidently nobody MTV asked said no.

The lack of cutting-edge-ness is more about wanting to appeal to the broadest swath possible.

nimh, I know! One of the pics on the Drudge report site showed it in close up, I think it's actually anchored as a nipple ring. Speaking of cutting-edge, cooler than I'd give Janet credit for.

My conspiracy theory -- CBS and MTV wanted to part ways on the halftime show thing. This is win-win for everyone across the board. CBS gets buzz without responsibility. MTV gets street cred. ("The suits couldn't deal with us...") Janet Jackson, who is hardly the babe of the moment, gets her boob everywhere. Justin Timberlake, who is trying to be less boy band, gets some bad boy publicity.

Handshakes all around.

very good assessment Sozo -
I'm thinking of a Topic called "The Breast or Boob" maybe it's already been done.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm
sozobe wrote:

Handshakes all around.

Makes very good sense to me Soz.

Very sharp you are girl ;-)
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:13 pm
mac11 wrote:
I saw Janet on Oprah several years ago (pushing the Velvet Rope CD). She talked about her nipple piercings and embarassed the hell out of Oprah.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if that metal "thing" was a fancy nipple ring of sorts. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:15 pm
ouch!
0 Replies