Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:26 pm
Lessee, I agree with Caprice's gripe that a breast is actually beautiful. This one is constructed, of course, as was the moment, as was the reaction, really it is like filo dough, layers flaking about the cheese pellet. As it were.

Watching a monument build out of a grain of sand set as a diamond to obscure any sense. The monument being not the breast but some national inquiry. Oooooh, millions...

Part of my sense is that of theater crit -- that this didn't work out just right. The dress flop, the lining flop? the nipple jewelry? the facial expressions? more practice, they needed more rehearsal time........
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:36 pm
Once again people (public) are behaving like chickens in a henhouse where someone has just run through it -- they are running around, no direction, clucking away in distress.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:39 pm
ossobuco: *LOL* Cheese pellet???

*still laughing*
0 Replies

kjvtrue

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:39 pm
"You see folks, this what I was warning you all about, and I'm glad I took my own advice!" First you say that nudity is okay to be shown on Public Broadcasting, and now your complaining about this. "Make up your minds people!"
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:41 pm
No complaints here.
It's about time U.S. television made an effort to catch up with Europe.

But good grief. It's just a boob. A fairly nice boob, with accessories - but just a boob.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:42 pm
kjvtrue wrote:
"You see folks, this what I was warning you all about, and I'm glad I took my own advice!" First you say that nudity is okay to be shown on Public Broadcasting, and now your complaining about this. "Make up your minds people!"

Who are you quoting?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:44 pm
Does anyone know if there is medication for people who think like her?

(not you . . . you know who i mean . . . )
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:45 pm
ehBeth wrote:
No complaints here.
It's about time U.S. television made an effort to catch up with Europe.

But good grief. It's just a boob. A fairly nice boob, with accessories - but just a boob.

That's what I said! Time to get over it, move on.

What surprised me most about all of this is that anyone actually watches the 1/2 time entertainment! Razz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:46 pm
And who's complaining?

Chortling at the naked machinations going on, but not complaining. If my 3-year-old had seen the boob, I wouldn't mind in the least. She likes boobs. The New Yorker and such often has nudity, she approves. ("A boobsie!") (The playacting of violently ripping off the clothes apparently against Janet's wishes part might have bothered me, but not the naked boob qua naked boob.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:46 pm
I am curious to understand why it is referred to as entertainment.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:51 pm
Your three year old and I may have other things in common as well, soz.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:13 pm
So....is anyone gonna post a picture of it?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:14 pm
Child, lotsa links back there, several pics and videos. First page or so.

roger, I KNEW one of you guys would say that... Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:14 pm
Look at "Lola at the Coffee House, Cafe 101," near the end of the thread (looooooooooooong thread), and you'll see that Husker posted a url for the pic . . .
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:15 pm
Child of the Light wrote:
So....is anyone gonna post a picture of it?

Why?
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:17 pm
*gives Setanat a swat*

Don't encourage him! If he wants to see a pic, he can sift through search engine results. Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:19 pm
sozobe wrote:
If my 3-year-old had seen the boob, I wouldn't mind in the least. She likes boobs. The New Yorker and such often has nudity, she approves. ("A boobsie!")

How untoward. Brazenly advocating boobagement for young children. One would think boobs were designed for them the way you talk.

Tsk tsk tsk
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:21 pm
Thanks guys......and why caprice? to see the boobies! But that is the extent, so inpurification about to occur.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:21 pm
It looks like they're going to make a federal case out of it. Link
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
Quote:
Over-the-air television channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. The FCC defines obscene material as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.

Sooo, what about the streaker doing his jig in the middle of the field? Looked irish to me, so it would prolly go well with the Pats and their heritage, but was it necessary to be naked? And in the middle of a game?

I watched the SuperBowl on Austrian television, with CBS international commentators, and they only said that there was a nekkid guy doing a jig in the center of the field between plays, and that he was tackled by a Pat, and then taken away by authorities. End of story so far.

But since it was an Austrian TV/CBS co-production, austrian TV could choose to do what they wanted with material that they got. They hi-lighted the streaker once, and I think that the austrian commentators had a field day about it!

Did y'all in the States get to see that, or did y'all go to the bathroom during that incident?
0 Replies