Janet Jackson breast exposed during halftime show

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:06 am
CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement.

"Wardrobe malfunction." Hilarious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 31,795 • Replies: 548
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:07 am
Ah, so it WAS an accident.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:12 am
It didn't look like an accident to me, but it was pretty quick. I'm going to have to examine the video when I get a chance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:15 am
there's a picture link by Husker on Lola's cafe thread...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:23 am
Had a look...................and wished that I hadn't. It's nothing special!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 12:50 am
I thought is was a new fad, lol!
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:02 am
Oh come on. It was staged! She's got something covering her nipple. I never saw the performance, but she looks more worried than pissed in subsequent still shots.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 02:23 am
I agree.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:09 am
They got a pic on the newspaper with Justin staring at it like he's never SEEN a nipple in his entire life!! Maybe he and Brittany did it in the dark!

On a related theme, is that why Michael was always grabbing his crotch? Did the touring company always have to make sure that his fly was sewn shut for each concert?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 03:26 am
It seems they've been "pushing the envelope" now for what is acceptable on the tube for some time, and the process is accelerating. (did anyone see the "Helen of Troy" mini-series last year? That wouldn't have been allowed just a few years ago).

In my humble opinion, it won't be too very much longer before full nudity will be shown on network TV.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:02 am
It was a nipple shield that she had. Someone gave me a link to the video, lemme find it.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:03 am
For your veiwing pleasure:

http://www.drudgereport.com/janet.gif
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:31 am
Jim wrote:
It seems they've been "pushing the envelope" now for what is acceptable on the tube for some time, and the process is accelerating. (did anyone see the "Helen of Troy" mini-series last year? That wouldn't have been allowed just a few years ago).

In my humble opinion, it won't be too very much longer before full nudity will be shown on network TV.

They were showing full nudity on TV here 30 years ago!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:39 am
If she had a shield on her nipple, I can only conclude that the entire incident was staged beforehand. Good grief, to what depths will celebrities go for a little publicity!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:56 am
Much ado about nothing!

We gotta grow up.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:29 am
Well, well, it looks like the stunt WAS contrived:

http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjj.htm
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:41 am
Wadrobe malfunction distraction. Now lets think about this W (for wardrobe) M (for malfunction) and D for distraction.

Carefully arranging the letters together and using the latest code crunching software in my Cray 4 super computer, I make that to be WMD. This high grade intelligence must be of the highest significance. Wars have started over less.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:45 am
Yes......they have!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:22 am
Very clever, Steve.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:36 am
Who Cares?