A better understanding of Antisemitism

reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
RT is.

So you think that RT is making the claim, "that the ADL is a propaganda tool of the Kremlin?
OmSigDAVID

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 02:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
DAVID wrote:
Is your position in this matter uniquely limited
to race & religion, or woud your response be the same
if the passionate differences of opinion were as to tax policy
or the law of voting age, or agricultural policy ?
reasoning logic wrote:
That is a rather interesting question, what is your answer David?
It is my position that our decisions shud result
from dispassionate analysis of the logic involved
applied to the discovered facts, devoid of emotion.

It is my position that we shud be ruled by reason not hysteria.
Man rose to the top of the food chain and rose to the Moon in 1969
by the use of reason.

David
reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You defiantly seem to have an interest in reason but I do question some of your reasoning of the past. I have a poor memory and may not be able to remember where it was that I seen things differently than you did, "my guess it was some ethical issues or political issues am I correct?
OmSigDAVID

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:13 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
You defiantly seem to have an interest in reason but I do question some of your reasoning of the past. I have a poor memory and may not be able to remember where it was that I seen things differently than you did, "my guess it was some ethical issues or political issues am I correct?
I can be DEFIANT. Yes.

I have done that.

I cannot comment on your guess about what u saw.

David
reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:17 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I could not spell definitely correctly and meant to look it up but I forgot, so you are defiantly instead .
OmSigDAVID

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
I can remain DEFIANT!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I cannot comment on your guess about what u saw.

I may be thinking of a different Dave but I think it was you. Let me guess you are a republican and believe in free market capitalism am I correct?
gungasnake

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'd normally tell people that there are three or four varieties of antisemitism with a view towards motive:

• Ignorant antisemitism e.g. believing that Jews cook and eat Christian children, drink their blood etc. etc. That was mostly gone from the world by 1900 but those last two or three Russian pogroms you read about, particularly Kishenyev, were of that sort. Theodore Roosevelt denounced that one as did Count Tolstoy, who excoriated the Tsar and the Russian government over their part in it.
  • Antisemitism motivated by hatred of the Rothschild family, international banking cartels, Wall Street, and the machinations of the British empire and the money men who operate it. The ordinary Jew, of course, neither knows anything nor gives a rat's ass about banking or the British empire.
  • Antisemitism motivated by a hatred of communism and the kinds of left-wing **** which too many American Jews are involved in. One of the neat things about Israel is that owning their own country has the potential to cure the Jewish people of that sort of thing and in fact we are seeing that sort of a turn around in American Jewish politics at present.
  • Finally there is the antisemitism which arises from I-slam and its propaganda, the palisavages and their propaganda, and our own feral demoKKKrat party which views muslims as their own next designated victim group and voting block and which also sees the handwriting on the wall for the relationship they've had with American Jews since the early 1930s.

The only real solution to that last item involves the destruction and/or marginalization of the demoKKKrat party.

A reasonable political reform would probably do that. The main thing needed is runoff elections for all political offices so that nobody should ever again fear to vote for his first choice, at least on a first ballot, and nobody would ever again hold any office with less than 50% of the vote. That would in fact allow some third party to rise up and replace one of our two present parties.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
YES !
reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I myself think that our system is like the Wright brothers first airplane and we need to bring science into the equation and run some test and experiments.

There should be places or states where these experiments could take place.
I can only guess that you think that your way is the best way and I think that my way may be the best way. I do not think that there is a republican nor a democratic way to build an airplane nor should there be one when building a society or an economy.

Do not get me wrong because if you were sociopathic, have done extremely well, have a huge yacht and a few castles, I could see why you would not want it any other way than this ancient hierarchy pyramid scheme.
reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 05:33 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
In the situation depicted in that video, where a bigoted store clerk is shooting his mouth off, I would see no point in either trying to reason with him, or argue with him, nor would I want to listen to him, nor would I want to patronize the store. In that particular situation, I think I would leave the store and then write a letter to the owner telling him why I would not be returning there.

Is there such a thing as being bigoted towards a bigot? The reason I ask is because you think all people that shoot off of the mouth like the young man in the video did can not be reasoned with. Do not get me wrong because you do have a point but just because he is a bigot does not mean that he will not listen to someone who can speak with reasoned evidence.

Quote:
I wouldn't be ignoring the situation either.

No you would not be ignoring it completely but you would not be speaking out and showing others what it is like to be a reasoning person not to mention if you did send a letter who can guarantee that the person will learn a lesson?
He may end up being fired and hate people even more so when he may have been able to rethink about his ignorance if a respectful adult revealed it to him.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 06:57 pm
Looks like there is going to be a financial holocaust in Greece. Have any of you been paying attention to the protest in the streets of Athens this weekend?

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 08:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
There should be places or states where these experiments could take place.

California has been called a Petrie dish for democrat policies:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/10/08/a_second_term_for_obama_would_make_the_united_states_go_as_california_has_gone_111620.html

Quote:

By Rep. Tom McClintock
Note: Congressman Tom McClintock delivered the following speech to the Council for National Policy:

I want to welcome this groundbreaking scientific expedition to the savage lands of the Left Coast. You are here in California to answer an important theoretical question and now you have your answer.

Yes, this is what Barack Obama’s second term would look like.

Study it. Fear it. And then go home and make sure that it never happens to the rest of the country......

Very long article, well worth reading.
izzythepush

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 08:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
No.
Sturgis

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 09:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Wow, ItP is using full words now...stop the presses!
izzythepush

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 09:03 pm
@Sturgis,
I thought you'd be impressed by that.
Sturgis

Sun 12 Feb, 2012 09:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Stop. All this love the night before St. Gosbert of Osnabruck day, is bound to give me the wrong ideas. Oh heavens! It's already St.Gos day in England.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Mon 13 Feb, 2012 01:48 am
@gungasnake,
So you think that California is what you get when you apply the scientific method?
gungasnake

Mon 13 Feb, 2012 03:23 am
@reasoning logic,
California is what you get when you apply demoKKKrat policies; the scientific method in question is letting California do it so others don't have to.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Mon 13 Feb, 2012 04:08 am
@reasoning logic,
The origins of Anti-Semitism really don't have all that much to do with the reputed intelligence/education of Jews. Israel is one of the highest educated countries on earth right now (as measured by secondary education rates) but this is actually largely a side-effect of some Russian immigration and as to the claims to genetic intelligence it largely references Ashkenazi Jews and a claimed "founder effect" that was part of their migration. In short, part of that theory is that the persecution resulted in the intelligence, rather than the converse. So scratch that whole idea as the origin of Anti-Semitism.

I think the main factor was the displacement of Jews that started by the Romans, whose subjugation of them made them a minority in their own land and started the Diaspora throughout the Roman empire. Without this they would have been a majority in their land, but were now migrants in the cultures of others (and as you probably know, minority immigrants are often discriminated against even in modern societies).

The next main factor was that the Diaspora had to deal with being a minority in many places where the major religion was Christianity (which became the official religion of the Roman empire shortly after the whole scattering the Jews thing they did), a religion whose narrative included the claim that the Jews convinced the Romans to kill one of their gods. This, together with their minority status made persecution of them popular, and apostasy from Christianity to Judaism was prohibited during the Dark Ages when discrimination was codified in laws that prohibited conversion to Judaism and that prohibited Christians from marrying Jews, Jews from holding certain offices etc.

As things eased up for the Jewry in Europe they began to play the role of money lender, which was forbidden as a profession for many Christians and which for much of history has been a bit of a despised profession (even now, with the banker hate you can see this continues) but this relative prosperity did not last long and with the Crusades (and the Christian fundamentalism that sought to make the "Holy Land" Christian) persecution of all non-Christians dramatically increased.

Then later in the middle ages, a Pope decreed they must wear distinctive clothing to identify them and the first of the "blood libel" (accusing Jews of consuming the blood of Christian babies) began and this segued into modern Anti-Semitism.

So in short, the scattering of them throughout the Roman empire is what made them a minority and then religious persecution from Christians made them a hated minority and the rest is history.