A better understanding of Antisemitism

reasoning logic

Thu 9 Feb, 2012 07:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I would like a better understanding of what the people who actually know you think of you.

I would like to see you have a better understanding of me as well, it would be much better than just believing in nonsense.
izzythepush

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 02:40 am
@reasoning logic,
The thing is, you give serious consideration to vile out and out racists in the mistaken belief it makes you open minded, it doesn't, it shows you have lousy judgement.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:02 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:
Do other minorities feel the need to trumpet that they're doing wonderful things for the world?

I would not necessarily trumpet but instead just do something nice for someone who is down and out.
Example.
A hard working single mother in need of a car or a home or anything for that matter just give it to her somewhat anonymously with a letter letting her know that the local Jewish community hopes that all her dreams come true.
This lady and all of her family will always tell the story about how she was helped by the Jewish community....

You don't seem to have ever Googled terms like Jewish charities or Jewish hospitals or Jewish philanthropies. All of this exists, whether you, personally, have looked for it or not.
Setanta

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 08:57 am
The guy is clueless, Jespah, you're wasting your time. I've come to the conclusion that he is fascinated by antisemitism, and is just looking for a way to rationalize to himself.
firefly

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 12:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Are you aware of the existence of the Anti-Defamation League? It was specifically founded to deal with anti-Semitism, and now fights bigotry against all groups.
Quote:
The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all." Now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.

A leader in the development of materials, programs and services, ADL builds bridges of communication, understanding and respect among diverse groups, carrying out its mission through a network of 30 Regional and Satellite Offices in the United States and abroad.

"The immediate object of the League is to stop, by appeals to reason and conscience and, if necessary, by appeals to law, the defamation of the Jewish people. Its ultimate purpose is to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens."

ADL Charter October 1913

http://www.adl.org/about.asp?s=topmenu

If anti-Semitism is troubling to you, perhaps you should look at the ADL's Web site and consider supporting their work.
reasoning logic

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 05:53 pm
@jespah,
I do realize that most groups do have some form of charitable giving. I checked out some of my local Jewish charities and they do seem to have the community's interest in mind. Many non-Jewish people in the community do not go looking for help from the Jewish community but rather other places. Do not get me wrong because I can only imagine that they will take help from where ever they can get it.

Maybe it is just me but when people are helped in a big way without ever having to ask for help it seems to be even more appreciated, unless it is the KKK trying to help you out and you are black.

To off-set violent acts, the KKK participated in charitable activities. In 1922, the Klan “contributed $25 each to the Volunteers of America and to the African Methodist Episcopal Church, an offer which Webster said proved that the Klan was not anti-black”.[3] The charitable activities demonstrated that the KKK was committed to the welfare of the nation and also “served as an effective public relations device by creating a more favor- able opinion of the secret order and attracting new members”.[3]
reasoning logic

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:20 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The guy is clueless, Jespah, you're wasting your time. I've come to the conclusion that he is fascinated by antisemitism, and is just looking for a way to rationalize to himself.

Does this mean that I am no longer clueless because you have let me in on this little secret about what is really going in my mind?
What other beliefs do you have that compensate your desire or lack of belief in a God?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:29 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
If anti-Semitism is troubling to you, perhaps you should look at the ADL's Web site and consider supporting their work.

Thank you for sharing. My main interest is in how others [sociopaths and non sociopaths] respond to such sociopathic behavior. There are so many problems in this world and Antisemitism is just one of them.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you really think you can compare Jewish charities to the KKK and still claim not to be anti-Semitic?

The Jews are a race of people, the KKK is a white supremacist organisation. The only way comparing them is at all justified, is if you buy all that horseshit about an international Jewish conspiracy trying to rule the world.

If you really believe all that bollocks just come out and say it.
reasoning logic

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Did I miss where the KKK was compared to the Jewish people?
izzythepush

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Did I miss where the KKK was compared to the Jewish people?

You just did it in your post, or are you really that stupid? In fact I'm not convinced that you're an anti-semite, but I am convinced you're stupid. You tell yourself that you're demonstrating some wonderful freedom of thought by examining all these different arguments, but you're not, you're just showing a complete lack of understanding. You say you want to learn, but this whole thread is going around in circles because you don't really understand what's being said to you, and your responses show that. Talking to you is really hard work. This is the post where you do the comparison, even though you probably can't see it.

Quote:
I do realize that most groups do have some form of charitable giving. I checked out some of my local Jewish charities and they do seem to have the community's interest in mind. Many non-Jewish people in the community do not go looking for help from the Jewish community but rather other places. Do not get me wrong because I can only imagine that they will take help from where ever they can get it.

Maybe it is just me but when people are helped in a big way without ever having to ask for help it seems to be even more appreciated, unless it is the KKK trying to help you out and you are black.

To off-set violent acts, the KKK participated in charitable activities. In 1922, the Klan “contributed $25 each to the Volunteers of America and to the African Methodist Episcopal Church, an offer which Webster said proved that the Klan was not anti-black”.[3] The charitable activities demonstrated that the KKK was committed to the welfare of the nation and also “served as an effective public relations device by creating a more favor- able opinion of the secret order and attracting new members”.[3]
farmerman

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:51 pm
@izzythepush,
I recall that theMmafia , in several large US cities had always been sponsors of some of the most visible and wide spread food giveaways and aid to poor families.
Those acts of kindness dont get any of these groups a pass on being involved in organized crime, anti civil rights or wide spread extortion and fraud.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 06:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You just did it in your post, or are you really that stupid? In fact I'm not convinced that you're an anti-semite, but I am convinced you're stupid. You tell yourself that you're demonstrating some wonderful freedom of thought by examining all these different arguments, but you're not, you're just showing a complete lack of understanding. You say you want to learn, but this whole thread is going around in circles because you don't really understand what's being said to you, and your responses show that. Talking to you is really hard work. This is the post where you do the comparison, even though you probably can't see it.

Silly Izzy it is easy to understand you and a few others, I should agree with you and not question anything you say. Right?
I bet it is getting close to last call.
Anomie

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 08:36 pm
You may be correct, personally knowing many wealthy Jewish individuals, there are laundering and xenophobic practices, however my personal experience is anecdotal.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 10 Feb, 2012 11:37 pm
@Anomie,
Anomie wrote:

You may be correct, personally knowing many wealthy Jewish individuals, there are laundering and xenophobic practices, however my personal experience is anecdotal.

You must be quite wealthy yourself if you personally know many wealthy Jews.

What's your ethnic background?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 11 Feb, 2012 02:40 am
@reasoning logic,
Like I said earlier, you're still not understanding, and I doubt you ever will.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:18 am
You're wasting your time. This is why the expression invincible ignorance was coined.
izzythepush

Sat 11 Feb, 2012 03:22 am
@Setanta,
You're quite right, I think we've come full circle.
reasoning logic

Sat 11 Feb, 2012 05:57 am
@izzythepush,
From my observation the two of you walk in circles quite often.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 11 Feb, 2012 08:15 am
This is a "What would you do scenario video" aimed at Antisemitism.
This may only be of value to people who have an interest in human behavior.

0 Replies