A better understanding of Antisemitism

JoeBruno

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:41 am
@reasoning logic,
The Pharoah thought he was our "living God"????
What does that mean?Are you Egyptian???I'm not.
You need remedial English.
reasoning logic

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:35 pm
@JoeBruno,
Quote:
The Pharoah thought he was our "living God"????

That is what I understand, It seems that this hierarchy pyramid scheme has been in place for a very long time.

Quote:
What does that mean?Are you Egyptian???I'm not.

You can take the people out of Egypt but you can not take all of the Egyptian ideologies out of the people. Some of them may continue indefinitely by your descendents.

It seems that our Christian or Jewish religious ideologies go very far back.

Quote:
You need remedial English.

I need to remedial many things and so do you.
izzythepush

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I need to remedial many things and so do you.

From the online dictionary.

Quote:
re·me·di·al (r-md-l)
adj.
1. Supplying a remedy.
2. Intended to correct or improve deficient skills in a specific subject: remedial reading.

You will see that remedial is an adjective, not a verb. You can't 'remedial' anything.
reasoning logic

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Isn't it strange that logic was still able to allow you perfect understanding of what I was meaning but yet you still felt a need to correct me?
Do you think that this could be an obsessive compulsive type of problem?
Do you find yourself needing to correct people all of the time?
izzythepush

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
Logic suggests you have difficulty saying what you mean, or meaning what you say.
reasoning logic

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:25 pm
@izzythepush,
I have difficulties doing many things. All of us have some sort of handicap. Cerebral palsy may slow me down but at least I can recognize my handicap, can you recognize yours?
Sturgis

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:27 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I have difficulties doing many things. All of us have some sort of handicap. Cerebral palsy may slow me down but at least I can recognize my handicap, can you recognize yours?

He's the great and almighty izzytheP, we are not allowed to ever mention his flaws or any error he makes anywhere. How do I know this? He's told us all again and again and again and again and again...
izzythepush

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:34 pm
@Sturgis,
The only thing I've told you to do is **** off and get a life you sad little man.
Sturgis

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:36 pm
@izzythepush,
How have the weasels been for you this season ItP? Still getting your jollies wanking to images of them on the nature channel?
izzythepush

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:45 pm
@Sturgis,
You're still as moribund as ever Buzz. I note that you're so shallow and petty, that you would take the side of someone who has posted an anti-Semitic video by an ex-member of the KKK, in order to insult me.

Can't you stop sexually obsessing over me? Just accept I will never find you remotely interesting.

You remind me of this guy.
Sturgis

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Can't you stop sexually obsessing over me? Just accept I will never find you remotely interesting.

Oh, sugarduster...the only one obsessing would be you.
Plus it's quite comical, comical indeed, that you allege that you don't find me interesting; yet, you constantly respond to my posts. I on the other hand find you quite interesting-in a psychoanalytical evaluation way.

Often reading your silliness, I wonder, self I wonder, is ItP in an abode for the mentally disturbed or did he escape and is now hiding in a tool shed on the outskirts of town? I think you're in a tool shed with your lover JGoldman10.

izzythepush

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 05:07 pm
@Sturgis,
I am only responding when you directly address me, you, on the other hand follow me around. I try to avoid you, you're the guy in the pub that no-one wants to get into conversation with, so I'll stop now. So long Buzz.
http://images.wikia.com/familyguy/images/3/33/Buzz_Killington.jpg
Sturgis

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 05:11 pm
@izzythepush,
A quick browse through shows the numerous times, you've come in after I've posted and then made a slanderous statement.

However, with your latest post, you did prove something I had suspected all along, to which I say Gotcha! as in I've caught you in a lie (several actually).
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 06:12 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Just what is "your culture"?

Southern United States, North East Florida to be more precise.

Quote:
What do you think of using the word "Jew" in that way?

I think that it is ignorant and is used in that sense because people stereotype people when they are not the same as them.
It does not necessarily have to be a minority related problem because there are many in my country that will also stereotype all the citizens of another country

We have teachers like Rush Limbaugh teaching that all liberals are stupid and that everyone who gets food stamps is bad. When you have intelligent people like Rush teaching this twisted philosophy as if it is absolutely true what more would you expect from the listeners?

We have others who teach, "Islam is bad and Muslims want to impose sharia law on us. We seem to have many people stereotyping groups of people because we are all divided.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 21 Feb, 2012 08:37 pm
"...It's a bird; it's a plane; it's, it's Foofie."
O.K., O.K. I'll add my two cents, being an authentic Ashkenazi Jew (a Levite to boot - oddly I never did any "money changing" in the temple).

No one seems to have mentioned the high rate of intermarriage amongst the young in the secular Jewish community? Secular Jews make up the majority of American Jews. What this is resulting in is a shrinking population of American Jews, but an ever expanding population of Gentiles that have a Jewish relative. For that reason alone, I believe the old style Jew hatred is being watered down. (For every Jewish male that marries a Shiksa, there is a Shiksa that might be thinking that a Jewish male has supposed positive traits that her fellow Gentile males might not have in the same degree, i.e., lack of racist attitudes, belief that women can be highly intelligent, a liberal family, etc., etc.)

However, the Jewish culture, religious or secular, in my opinion, is quite aware of one's social class. So, many Jews, I believe, will show a certain degree of deference to a Gentile that is college educated, but might not show the same deference to someone that possibly barely graduated high school. That does not make for good interfaith relations.

Also, in our technological society, again I believe, much of WASP America (and currently much of just white America) has collectively decided (with a wink and a nod) that Jews are a great resource. They have a penchant for innovation that results in a better economy/military. So, the old fashioned Jew hatred is now considered in poor taste by the majority of middle-class Gentiles. (I think Israel was toying with prototype "drones" sometime back in the '70's?)

And, while some Gentiles think that Jews have some sort of collective superiority complex, I think that many Jews would be happy if they can wake up tomorrow looking like some Hollywood WASP idol, as long as they can keep their SAT scores.

So, I have met Gentiles that are nice to me, because I am a Jew, and I have been avoided by Gentiles because I am a Jew. I think Judaism will eventually be thought of as only a religion, somewhere around the time that most Jews are tall, have straight or wavy hair, and have chiseled facial features. My bet is in two hundred years, or so.

reasoning logic

Wed 22 Feb, 2012 03:41 pm
@Foofie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your point of view with us all. I really do like how you come across and I am sure that you are a very pleasant person to be around.

Quote:
I have met Gentiles that are nice to me, because I am a Jew, and I have been avoided by Gentiles because I am a Jew. I think Judaism will eventually be thought of as only a religion, somewhere around the time that most Jews are tall, have straight or wavy hair, and have chiseled facial features. My bet is in two hundred years, or so.

It does not seem to matter what group of people you may claim to belong to, you can bet that there are members of that group that are peace makers and there are others that are not as peaceful, to put it kindly.

I do hope that you are correct and we can out grow all of our differences.

I was researching some quotes from Abraham Lincoln that in the right light make Rush Limbaugh sound like a decent person so if you get my drift maybe we will evolve more ethically.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 24 Feb, 2012 05:31 pm
This may not be exactly on subject but it does not help matters.

Regardless if you agree or disagree with the protesters violence does not seem to be the answer.

STATEMENT FROM (Un)Occupy Albuquerque: Three people, including UNM students, were attacked by pro-Israeli members on Wednesday night for mic-checking Nonie Darwish, a self-proclaimed human rights activist who was on UNM campus to deliver a talk on the Arab Springs.

Darwish cast the Arab Spring in a bad light. She argued that democratic revolutions in the Middle East and North Africa, such as those in Egypt and Tunisia, would not succeed as long as Islamists controlled them.

A group of people, who were acting in solidarity with the Palestinian people, questioned Darwish's fear-mongering and her unqualified support for Israel. They were shouted down by pro-Israel members in the audience, who assaulted a woman, pulled her hair, and forcibly pushed another person over a row of seats. A third person was punched in the face. Pro-Israel members also destroyed a phone that was used to record the assault.

The protestors, some of whom are UNM students and affiliated with the (Un)Occupy Albuquerque movement, used "mic-checking" as a nonviolent tactic to voice their concern against the Islamophobic content of Darwish's talk. However, they were met with outright violence by members of the audience, who did not want to hear what the protestors had to say. Rather than simply wait for the protestors to deliver their message and leave, as has been the case at similar actions in other parts of the country, the pro-Israel audience members physically forced the protestors out of the auditorium.
It is interesting that the audience members who assaulted the protestors were acting in support of Israel, which claims to be the "most-democratic state" in the Middle East. Freedom of speech is an important part of being democratic, and it is a tragedy that the pro-Israel members did not want to hear what the protestors had to say.

PROTESTER ANGLE VIDEO OF ATTACK ON UNM STUDENTS:

izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 04:15 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

This may not be exactly on subject but it does not help matters.

Regardless if you agree or disagree with the protesters violence does not seem to be the answer.

You started this thread to understand the specifics behind anti-Semitism, as opposed to racism in general. If I remember correctly you were rather taken back by the level of outrage directed at you after you posted anti-Semitic videos featuring a member of the KKK. You should stick to the topic in hand, because you still don't appear to have any comprehension of why those particular videos were so offensive.

You say violence isn't the answer, but so many dictatorial regimes have found it a useful way to silence opposition. Look at what's happening in Syria right now.

When you stray into the situation in Israel, you're introducing a whole new dynamic, and muddying the waters. You don't know the motivation behind the aggressive, supposedly pro-Israel hecklers. They might just be very Islamophobic, motivated by a hatred of Moslems rather than any concern for Israel. You don't even know they are Jewish.

Until you understand why posting KKK videos is so offensive you won't begin to understand anti-Semitism. Stick to the topic, there's lots of other threads about Israel.

reasoning logic

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:32 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They might just be very Islamophobic, motivated by a hatred of Moslems rather than any concern for Israel. You don't even know they are Jewish.

That was my thought as well or at least something close to that. You do not seem to pay close attention to what I say and you allow yourself to believe as you will about me and what I say.

Quote:
Until you understand why posting KKK videos is so offensive you won't begin to understand anti-Semitism. Stick to the topic, there's lots of other threads about Israel.

KKK videos? Let me guess you also think that Abraham Lincoln was not a white supremacist.

I have never posted a KKK video and that person in that video does seem to be more of a gentleman than you in my opinion.
izzythepush

Sat 25 Feb, 2012 05:38 am
@reasoning logic,
Nothing in your post suggests you think the protesters were anything other than pro-Israel. You have posted videos by David Duke. If you want to claim he is not KKK, you're arguing about terminology, not about anything really substantive. Your reference to Abraham Lincoln shows an inability to stick to the topic that you started, and your need to introduce inconsequential issues.

As stated before, I'm not particularly bothered whether or not you think someone in one of your videos is more of a gentleman than me. I stopped watching your videos a long time ago.