Herman Cain accused of 'sexually suggestive behaviour'

BillRM

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2011 02:29 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The "you" was intended to be rhetorical, not personal...which brings up another subject...on the other thread are you going to answer Roberts question about what your native tongue is??

I already did reply................
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 06:12 am

Herman Cain, Bill Clinton and the media's double standard
BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:08 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes the GOP does not need to field candidates with any brains at all or knowledge of international affairs or.......it is a double standard indeed.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:12 am
The big difference being that Jones didn't file lawsuit until after Clinton became president. Cain accusers were 10 years before running for president. The whole monica and clinton thing was consensual. Moreover, Clinton got plenty of media coverage over his sexual behavior both before his election and during and after. Heck, he got impeached.

I feel the need to repeat, so far, since we don't have enough information on the allegations, I think it shouldn't make any difference to his legibility. To my mind, it don't.
farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 09:15 am
@revelette,
I see that Herman invoked Clarence Thomas favorite line that this is all a "high tech lynching", cept it seems that the GOP is workin the rope.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:17 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

The big difference being that Jones didn't file lawsuit until after Clinton became president. Cain accusers were 10 years before running for president. The whole monica and clinton thing was consensual. Moreover, Clinton got plenty of media coverage over his sexual behavior both before his election and during and after. Heck, he got impeached.

I feel the need to repeat, so far, since we don't have enough information on the allegations, I think it shouldn't make any difference to his legibility. To my mind, it don't.
clinton did sex with women...all Cain does is sexually suggestive banter IE flirt. The difference between Cain and Clinton is that the feminists have had almost 20 years to push their sexual puritism.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 10:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Right... because 1999 was 20 years after the Clinton Presidency.

Wait... you mean 2011 is 20 years after the Clinton Presidency.

<counts on fingers>

Wow! Math is hard.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 11:15 am
@DrewDad,
Hawkeye offers a prime example of why males are underachieving in education....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 12:39 pm
@DrewDad,
Clinton and Monica first had sex Nov 1995, but we were making up our minds about Clinton's bimbo problem around 1991/1992. The difference between the allegations (such that they exist) against Cain and Clinton is 20 years of public attitude.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
One of the women who charged Herman Cain sexual abuse is currently telling her story right now on TV.

BBB
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 01:27 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

One of the women who charged Herman Cain sexual abuse is currently telling her story right now on TV.

BBB

does she have any complaint other than he spoke to her in a way that she did not approve of?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are going to be so disappointed. She was in his car when he tried to force her mouth on his exposed penis. When she fought him, he asked her "do you want a job?"

Still think he's innocent?

BBB
DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
does she have any complaint other than he spoke to her in a way that she did not approve of?

Do you have any complaint other than things you do not approve of?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:26 pm
@RABEL222,
At least, you've got a pot.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:27 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
Still think he's innocent?
I never said that he was, because no assertions worthy of my time had been made up till today, there was nothing to decide guilt or innocence about.

EDIT: I took a look around, from what I can find the assertions made against Cain by this woman still are not worthy of getting excited about, it was pretty common dating behavior back then. If he had touched her genitals or not backed off when she made it clear that she was not interested then I would have a different opinion.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Bumblebeeboogie wrote:
You are going to be so disappointed. She was in his car when he tried to force her mouth on his exposed penis. When she fought him, he asked her "do you want a job?"

hawkeye10 wrote:
I took a look around, from what I can find the assertions made against Cain by this woman still are not worthy of getting excited about, it was pretty common dating behavior back then.

Back then? You mean in the late twelfth century?

hawkeye10 wrote:
If he had touched her genitals or not backed off when she made it clear that she was not interested then I would have a different opinion.

Somehow I remain dubious.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 02:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
<spit take>

My thoughts on Cain are this...

he's either stupid, or really arrogant, to not think that these things would surface during a presidential campaign.

reminds me a little of Gary Hart.
Pemerson

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 03:26 pm
@Rockhead,
I can understand why a women who was practically assaulted by Herman Cain 10 years ago would not bother to get an attorney and sue him then. That she's coming forward now is also understandable. He's running for president of the U.S. and has claimed he has never been accused of harrassing a woman. Especially since other women did complain of harrassment and were allegedly paid off by the National Restaurant Association.

It'll be interesting to see how this all falls out. What a comedian is this man. Would love to have seen him on the Christian Broadcasting Network saying he "felt like Moses when God said "I want you to go into Egypt and lead my people out." Or when he bragged that he was ready for the gotcha questions from the press, saying "When they ask me who's the president of Ubeck-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, I'm gonna say, 'you know, I don't know. Do you know?'"

Where are his brains? They're out.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 03:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I took a look around, from what I can find the assertions made against Cain by this woman still are not worthy of getting excited about, it was pretty common dating behavior back then.

Dude. I mean; dude. This has never been 'common dating behavior.'

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2011 03:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Depends on the group you select to determine what's common.

Common among the general population? No
Common among the penitentiary's general population? Sure.
0 Replies