Herman Cain accused of 'sexually suggestive behaviour'

parados

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 10:43 am
@BillRM,
I just had this picture of OMSigDavid and Palin off in a corner of the mensa meeting comparing their weapons.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:30 pm
@parados,
Is it ok if I begin to believe the women accusing Cain of inappropriate behavior rather than Mister Cains version of what happened?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 01:57 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
You're a hypocrite.

I doubt that there's anyone who's behavior is perfectly in line with their beliefs.

However, please show me where I've been hypocritical on this matter. With actual facts, and not something you've made up in your head.

See my post of 11/8/11 10:58 wherein I wrote

Quote:
If you didn't feel and express outrage over such comments then you can point to now as one of the times in your life when you were hypocritical.

Since you didn't confirm that you did feel and express outrage over the comments cited, and based on the general tenor of your posts, I assumed you did not. With that assumption it follows that you are being hyporcritical in condemning Limbaugh.

If you correct my assumption I will retract my accusation.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 02:14 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

It's clearly worse for someone who wants to be President to not understand the global nuclear balance than to forget a talking point. That the two points get compared shows how silly the political season has become.

I would agree if Cain really didn't know that China has nukes. I'm not so sure that's the case. It was, at the very least, a gaffe and whether it's silly or not, gaffes have always been of significance during presidential election seasons, and not just during this one.

I'm sure you would agree that a candidate not knowing how many States comprise the USA is worse than not knowing if China has nukes, but I don't think anyone seriously believed Obama didn't know there were only 50 States when he made his gaffe.

It is silly and some politicians seem to get more slack for their gaffes than others, but it's a way to keep score and detect wounds and that's what a lot of people like to do during an election period.

Anyone who has had a brain freeze like Perry did (and most of us have) knows that the instantaneous panic they cause only freezes the brain that much more. It can happen to anyone, but for the sake of his struggling campaign, it couldn't happen to Perry.

I'm not sure that his inability to give a relatively flawless performance when one was so important to him, tells us a whole lot about him, but it does seem like it should, and that will be enough to insert doubt in some voters mind about his qualifications. If you were on the fence with him before last night, the gaffe wasn't likely to have pushed you over to his side of the yard.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 02:31 pm
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16002149/investigator-herman-cain-innocent-of-sexual-advances

If you have any faith in this kind of software...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe if I cared enough what you think, I'd be willing to go into detail about how I act and think in regard to those other situations.

I don't care enough, though. Plus, I think your reasoning skills leave something to be desired.

(You're jumping to conclusions based on nothing but how you imagine I reacted to those other situations.)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:10 pm
@DrewDad,
Respond or don't as you see fit.

I came to a conclusion through an assumption I made based on your lack of a response to the choice I offered you.

Again, correct my assumption (or don't) and I will correct my conclusion.

If you don't care to, I understand perfectly.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 05:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I understand perfectly.

I doubt that, based on my past experience with you.

lol
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Did you see Cain getting the fox repeat the fox network interviewers to assumed shocks looks when Cain gave a very confusing reply on abortions it both should be up the the woman and illegal at the same time.

There is no question that he is an idiot.
spendius

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:18 pm
@BillRM,
That's not confusing Bill. I understand perfectly what he means. It's where we were before Roe/Wade and for the previous few hundred years.
BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 06:34 pm
@spendius,
It nice you knew but none of the Fox people knew nor did I and most people it would seems who hear him.

Not a great communicator to say the least.

I will go along with Occam's razor and one more state he is an idiot not just a poor communicator that only someone like you could understand.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 07:34 pm
@spendius,
Cain never read the consitution it would seems.

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
This has been interpreted to mean that no federal employee, whether elected or appointed, career or political, can be required to adhere to or accept any religion or belief. This clause immediately follows one requiring all federal and state officers to take an oath or affirmation of support to the Constitution, indicating that the requirement of such a statement does not imply any requirement by those so sworn to accept a particular religion or a particular doctrine. The option of giving an "affirmation" (rather than an "oath") can be interpreted as not requiring any metaphysical belief or as a nod to Mennonites and Quakers who would not swear oaths but would make affirmations.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 08:11 pm
Herman Cain is part of the heterosexual male elite...he wouldn't recognize sexual harassment if it kicked him in the face.
BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 08:17 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Herman Cain is part of the heterosexual male elite...he wouldn't recognize sexual harassment if it kicked him in the face.

So you are placing all male heterosexuals into one large group with the idiot Cain being the archetype example?

Off hand it sound like you are being as big of a bigot as he is and given that you are far brighter then him you should be ashame of yourself.

jcboy

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 08:37 pm
@BillRM,
I said Herman Cain, I didn't say all hetersexual males.
BillRM

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 08:40 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
I said Herman Cain, I didn't say all hetersexual males.

Herman Cain is part of the heterosexual male elite

Sorry he is not part of any elite....just a crazy that the far right nuts of the GOP happen to be supporting at the moment.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:29 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I would agree if Cain really didn't know that China has nukes. I'm not so sure that's the case

Quote:
And secondly, we already have superiority in terms of our military capability, and I plan to get away from making cutting our defense a priority and make investing in our military capability a priority, going back to my statement: peace through strength and clarity. So yes they're a military threat. They've indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat.

HERMAN CAIN

pbs newshour
revelette

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 08:59 am
Quote:
(Fox News Insider)At a meet-and-greet event Thursday in Michigan, a man asked Herman Cain if he’d heard the latest news about Anita Hill, who is, of course, known for accusing Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas of sexual harassment in the 1990s. While the conclusion of the man’s question is muffled, he can be heard saying, “You hear the latest news today? Anita Hill is going to come…”

Cain’s response can be heard loud and clear. The GOP candidate, who has been the target of sexual harassment allegations, cracked, “Is she going to endorse me?” The joke drew uproarious laughter from the crowd.

source:fox nation
spendius

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:20 am
@revelette,
There's nothing to beat uproarious laughter revel.

I wonder how many ladies there are up and down the land who knew a man who is now prominent in public life when they were much younger and is pondering what verbal sexual harassment actually is or can be made to look like with native cunning and a little practice.
revelette

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 09:32 am
@spendius,
Regardless of whether Cain is guilty or not, the joke the fellow told was distasteful and so was Cain's response.