Is dating someone who's a different race okay?

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:47 pm
the only race mixing i'd be concerned about would be F1 and NASCAR, i just couldn't see that working out
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
Great post, GracieGirl.

GracieGirl wrote:
when people who arent married break up its easier
and they dont have to have lawyers and fights and go to court and give their spouse money and stuff.
ehBeth wrote:
This part's not quite as easy as it might seem, but that's something to learn (or correct) later in life.
I 've gotta go over to Gracie's filosofy on this point.
I have been witness to divorces in court
and I have broken up with girlfriends (including those who 've lived in my home).
I gotta say: non-judicial breaking up has proven to be a lot faster n easier.

David
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

With children involved born inside the relationship and out of wedlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ragman

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:34 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Now that's what America needs! A faster and easier way to break up a couple.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:35 pm
@BillRM,
firefly wrote:
You sound very sensible, GracieGirl, and quite able to think for yourself.
You'll have all kinds of options open to you down the road,
and you won't have to fit into anyone's mold of how you should live your life.
If I were Gracie, I 'd feel very insulted
by the condescension of these patronizing compliments instead of accepting her as an equal.

BillRM wrote:
So out of wedlock births and young women who is thinking of doing so not by the accident of fail birth control but by design should be patted on the back in your opinion Firefly?

All the statistics of the harm cause to defenseless children by them being born in out of wedlock relationships should not be of concern?
What is that harm, Bill?
Will u be a little more specific ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:38 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Now that's what America needs!
A faster and easier way to break up a couple.
Sometimes, that's true.
One word, by itself ( or even a word unspoken )
can be (has BEEN) enuf to end the relationship (hopefully on a non-violent basis). TELL me that its not true.

David
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What is that harm, Bill?
Will u be a little more specific ?

So you had not seen the studies that tied in all kind of bad outcomes for children born out of wedlock compare to those born in wedlock?

Beginning with the likelihood of the children being raised in poverty being far far greater.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:44 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:
BillRM wrote:
With children involved born inside the relationship and out of wedlock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, we all know that
the advent of children adds an element of complexity.

David
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Yes, we all know that

No kidding...........................................

Any break up of a couple with children is going to involved the legal system married or not married and is going to be complex.

Take note we had been talking about relationships with children in them.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:52 pm

Point of Information, please?

Is a "player" a con man ?

What is a "player" ?

U can play the stock market, play golf, play hard to get . . . . etc.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
you mean a "playa", dave?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 02:55 pm
@BillRM,
David wrote:
Yes, we all know that

BillRM wrote:
No kidding...........................................
David wrote:
Yea, seriously.

BillRM wrote:
Any break up of a couple with children is going to involved the legal system
I have known that not to be the case,
my former girlfriend, Maralyn, being a case in point.
( I hasten to add that her progeny has no genetic relation to me.)

BillRM wrote:
married or not married and is going to be complex.

Take note we had been talking about relationships with children in them.
I did not take note of that.

David
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:09 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I did not take note of that.

The young lady who began this thread declared she was planning on having children out of wedlock as that is how we got on this current road.

Her decisions concerning her future private life would be of little interest to anyone other then herself and anyone sharing it until she brought up having children out of wedlock.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:13 pm
@Rockhead,
I thought for a while that people were getting less strange about all this, but I am apt to be wrong.

I know of many good inter racial/cultural relationships - now too numerous to go on about. And many intra culture bad ones. But, as I sometimes mention, I'm from california, coastal california. One of my first friends at university was in my bacti class; she was, I suppose, of european extraction, like me. I didn't know about the nuances of that, a favorite subject being geography and capitol cities, sort of world interested from 4th grade. I liked her boyfriend, a japanese american, too. Soon I got an invite to their wedding, she pregnant. In retrospect, this was one of the happiest weddings I've been to, multi culture or not. Pregnant at fancy-ish wedding between cultures was a major deal in 1962 - at least re my then view of the world. Will always remember that, Jean and Masaya.

I think it is hard for people now to imaging the stigmas that floated around pre civil rights era. Even the baby boomers seem slightly out of it as a group to me, re understanding the earlier strictures. Of course not all bbs.
I've no idea now what was going on then - it might have all been about class and pride.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:14 pm
@roger,
Thanks roger!

Yay! Eeyore is back!! Mr. Green Laughing Razz
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:17 pm
@firefly,
Thanks firefly! That's really nice! Mr. Green Mr. Green

And yeah, my dad's pretty cool. Laughing Razz
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:18 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks ehBeth!! Mr. Green Mr. Green
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm
I'd just like to congratulate OmSigDavid and BillRM and the rest of you on your fantastically successful job of totally hijacking Gracie's thread. Way to go, guys!
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:27 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Sorry Andrei but I did not force her to make the statement that out of wedlock births are the way to go now did I?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 03:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Marriage is kinda stupid to me. I mean, do grown ups really think they're gonna be with the same person forever? I've never seen it happen except with my grandparents and they're miserable. Why would I wanna be like them? I'd rather be like my dad. He never got married and he's happy. He says he's never getting married

Forever nothing is forever however thirty years or so to get a numbers of children all growth up would be a good idea to say the least.

Now as far as lawyers and divorce the problem is not married but kids and the questions of custody and child support that pour wealth into lawyers pockets and that is going to exist in any broken relationship with children involved.

Now not everyone get divorce in fact in my family I was the first and only one who had done so with everyones else marriages only ending after the Grim Reaper came for a visit.

The odds for marriages going the distance are roughly 50/50 and far better odds exist for those who wait until their late twenties or early thirties to tie the knot.

I been in my second marriage for only five years however I had known the lady for 26 years and the chances of a divorce happening is near zero, at least in my opinion.

If you are not willing to committed to a partner for the time needed to raised children to adulthood you and far far more important your would be children would be better off it you never had children at all.

All children should have the birthright of being raised in an intact and loving marriage if at all possible.

'Intact and loving' marriages dont always last dude and just because you're married doesnt mean you're happy or you're marriage is great. At least not in my family. I dont wanna get married and Im not gonna. My dad's happy and he's not married, I'll be too. I can have a boyfriend for a long term and have a family with him without being married. What's the big deal with being married anyway. The marriage stuff isnt true most of the time. In sickness and health...Til death do us part...for richer or poorer...blah, blah,blah. People can do the same thing married people do except break up easier. There's nothing wrong with not getting married. At least not in the 21st century. Rolling Eyes