Is dating someone who's a different race okay?

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 06:13 pm
@BillRM,
Haha! I'm not into sports. I don't watch any sports at all and I rarely watch TV. Maybe that has something to do with my opinion. Wink
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 06:21 pm
@aidan,
Aww! Mr. Green That's great to hear aidan! At least not everyone here thinks race is such a big deal! I kinda expected a different response to this question than the ones I was getting before you posted. Very Happy

Im only 13 and my dad isnt okay with me dating but I've talked to him about this and told him what Krystals mom said and he told me that he doesnt care who I date as long as that person loved me and was good to me. Im glad that your parents felt the same way and you feel the same way with your kids. Smile

I totally agree with our last sentence! You're even awesomer than I thought you were Aidan! Mr. Green Mr. Green We really are alot alike.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 06:23 pm
@hamilton,
Hahahahaha!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Definitely Hammie! Mr. Green Mr. Green

0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 06:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

No it does not mean you are a bad person just young and hopefully you will mature enough not to have kids born from the start behind the 8 ball of life as kids deserve to have the best start possible in life.

And from all the numbers children born out of wedlock already are being given a severe handicapped in life.

How? My dad had 3 kids with my mom and they weren't married. She was 19, he was 21. He's a lawyer now and my sister, brother and I turned out okay. A single parent or parents that arent married can still give kids a good life. My dad's a single parent and I think he's doing a great job. I love my dad and my life is fine. I'd say we're doing pretty good without my parents being together or married.
George

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 07:48 pm
We go on and on and on about races and cultures and nationalities and
religions and what not. But the fact is, you've got to take people one at
a time.

My mom was also worried about my kids not being accepted by either
side. Ha! You should have seen the grandmothers competing to hold
my daughter once she was born.

Yeah, my kids had to deal with some ignorance and nastiness, but they
all came out of it OK. More than OK, actually, but you don't want to
get me started talking about my kids.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 07:59 pm
@George,
Mr. Green

You're right.

And I'm glad! Mr. Green Very Happy
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 09:35 pm
@GracieGirl,
That nice however your parents had done you harm and far far more important your possible future children harm if they have given you the idea that it is ever a good idea to bring children into this world without being both mature and in a long term stable relationship. Finance stability would also be nice to have on both your part and your mate part.

If you do not trust a man to be your partner in life how dare you placed the future welfare of your children at unneeded risk in having them father by a man who you do not trust enough to married or at least to be in many years long term stability relationship?

I had have from time to time had adults placed their lives in my hands and in my judgments and that is an awesome responsibility and yet you think it is a good idea to take on far more responsibility then that in just having children that are completely depend on you and your judgments and then just hope for the best possible outcome?

All this being base on the fact that your parents wing it and beat the odds so that must mean your children will be as lucky?
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:15 pm
@BillRM,
My dad hasn't done me any harm. Any harm my mom ever did me was leave me but my dad's great and he makes up for my mom not being here. So there!

I never said it was a good idea to have a kids if your not mature or in a long term relationship. I just said that my parents did it (accidentally) and it worked out okay for us including the situation with my mom. Im okay and my life is fine so obviously people can make it work.

Just because I dont wanna get married when Im older doesnt mean that I wanna have kids while Im 'immature' and not in a long term relationship and it doesnt mean that Im not going to trust whoever my boyfriend is. Im not stupid. Rolling Eyes

I just dont wanna get married. Look around, who stays married anyway? Grown-ups always get divorced. Most of the time anyway. Most of my friends's parents are divorced and they tell me about it. It's not fun.

Marriage is kinda stupid to me. I mean, do grown ups really think they're gonna be with the same person forever? I've never seen it happen except with my grandparents and they're miserable. Why would I wanna be like them? I'd rather be like my dad. He never got married and he's happy. He says he's never getting married.

Besides, people who arent married can do the same stuff that people who are married do. Except when people who arent married break up its easier and they dont have to have lawyers and fights and go to court and give their spouse money and stuff. And Im not religious. Im atheist I guess, or just confused. Either way, there's no religious reasons for me to get married. So what else is there?

When I grow up I wanna have a boyfriend, a good job, lots of money, and MAYBE be a mom (when Im old, like 30 or something). Getting married isn't what I wanna do and just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Unmarried people are probably happier than married people anyway.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:47 pm
Quote:
gungasnake wrote:
There is less genetic variation in the entire human race than in a typical group of African monkeys of the same species and of what little differences there are, the main genetic divide in the world is East/West and not North/South, i.e. the white and black races are genetically closer to each other than either is to the yellow.

modern humans can be entirely split into two groups:
(i) a group of "pure" Afrasians which includes all non-Africans
(ii) a group of Afrasian-Paleoafricans which includes all non-Caucasoid Africans.
http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2005/05/mitochondrial-time-depth-of-humanity.html
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 10:50 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
East Asians then. Japanese are some part white due to ad-mixture with the Ainu.
Something that blew my mind:
in the 1980s, I was in Taiwan. I visited a place whose natives
facially had the CLASSIC Indian look (like Apaches or Navaho);
high cheek bones, etc. and their music (drums) was as if
copied from an American cowboy movie.
Thay had colored sand paintings like I used to see from
the Indians in Arizona in the 1940s n '50s.
Their dress was similar too, but no effort was made
to relate them to American Indians.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 11:08 pm
@GracieGirl,
Way to go, GracieGirl. You are showing way more patience than most of us would.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 11:40 pm

I 'd be less than candid if I withheld this, failed to mention it.
I imagine that there will be fireworks n scorn, but I don 't care.
I seldom do.

In the 1990s, a Puerto Rican woman approached me and had a conversation.
She was well educated. She was a lawyer and a New York State trial judge.
Her appearance was Hispanic, brown, with no visible African genetic influences.

During that conversation, she said that she had once been a teacher.
She said that she taught Hispanics and African American students
in high school. She told me that she brought to school some pictures
taken from magazines and that she objected to an under-representation
of blacks and Hispanics. She gave them to the class and asked if thay
looked like them and gave them some assignment about it.

She went on to say (2 or 3 times) that she resented the history of whites
toward "people of color" and she favored a mixing of the races
so that the white race will vanish into darkness (parafrazing a little, but not much).
Annihilation.

Over the course of my life, I 've heard this a few (not many) times.
George

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 06:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
. . . She went on to say (2 or 3 times) that she resented the history of
whites toward "people of color" and she favored a mixing of the races
so that the white race will vanish into darkness (parafrazing a little, but
not much).
Annihilation. . .
But if all races are mixed, all races will vanish (as far as being distinct),
not just the one, won't they?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 07:13 am
@George,
No. I think black 'd probably remain; maybe muddy.
George

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 07:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Illogical, Captain.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 09:33 am
@GracieGirl,
You sound very sensible, GracieGirl, and quite able to think for yourself. You'll have all kinds of options open to you down the road, and you won't have to fit into anyone's mold of how you should live your life. It's rather ridiculous that someone would even be lecturing you about marriage or having children at this stage in your life, but you answered him well. Judging by you, your dad has obviously been doing a very good job as a parent.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 09:35 am
@GracieGirl,
Great post, GracieGirl.

GracieGirl wrote:
when people who arent married break up its easier and they dont have to have lawyers and fights and go to court and give their spouse money and stuff.

This part's not quite as easy as it might seem, but that's something to learn (or correct) later in life.

BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:37 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Marriage is kinda stupid to me. I mean, do grown ups really think they're gonna be with the same person forever? I've never seen it happen except with my grandparents and they're miserable. Why would I wanna be like them? I'd rather be like my dad. He never got married and he's happy. He says he's never getting married

Forever nothing is forever however thirty years or so to get a numbers of children all growth up would be a good idea to say the least.

Now as far as lawyers and divorce the problem is not married but kids and the questions of custody and child support that pour wealth into lawyers pockets and that is going to exist in any broken relationship with children involved.

Now not everyone get divorce in fact in my family I was the first and only one who had done so with everyones else marriages only ending after the Grim Reaper came for a visit.

The odds for marriages going the distance are roughly 50/50 and far better odds exist for those who wait until their late twenties or early thirties to tie the knot.

I been in my second marriage for only five years however I had known the lady for 26 years and the chances of a divorce happening is near zero, at least in my opinion.

If you are not willing to committed to a partner for the time needed to raised children to adulthood you and far far more important your would be children would be better off it you never had children at all.

All children should have the birthright of being raised in an intact and loving marriage if at all possible.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:42 pm
more gooberisms...

I was a bastard.

my folks lied about getting married. (even had a secret anniversary date)

I've been disowned for 20 some years, so my divorce wasn't scandalous.

and my younger sister waited to divorce until her kids were almost raised. (she married a mexican,btw. big waves still)

all it did was make for miserable kids...

people are strange.
BillRM

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 01:45 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
You sound very sensible, GracieGirl, and quite able to think for yourself. You'll have all kinds of options open to you down the road, and you won't have to fit into anyone's mold of how you should live your life.

So out of wedlock births and young women who is thinking of doing so not by the accident of fail birth control but by design should be patted on the back in your opinion Firefly?

All the statistics of the harm cause to defenseless children by them being born in out of wedlock relationships should not be of concern?