The horror of Sept. 11th, 2001

wandeljw

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:02 pm
@manored,
manored wrote:
Its too much to ask for people to make several days of silence everywhere, even in frigging internet forums, because its the 10th anniversary of the death of someone you loved.

My request did not involve the entire forum, but for this thread which was intended to respect those killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks and for this one day, the anniversary of those deaths.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:09 pm
@wandeljw,
Yours was an entirely admirable post which I "thumbed up" without hesitation.

I may have foiled your valid argument by responding to manored, but his/her utterly mendacious reply was too much to accept in the silence I promised myself about today.

I apologize wandeljw, but sometimes it is necessary to squash the cockroaches.
manored

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 08:03 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

And in your case, you clearly couldn't give a **** that so many Americans died 10 years ago.
Thousands die everyday worldwide, and I dont accept the notion of that dying in a famous terrorist attack makes your life more important.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And yet you have been incapable of controlling the spew vomited from your nasty guts.

Good Lord but you are a hyporcite, a cretin, and a very nasty piece of work.
Thats hilarious coming from someone who did nothing but insult others.

But when was I untruthful?

wandeljw wrote:

My request did not involve the entire forum, but for this thread which was intended to respect those killed in the September 11, 2001 attacks and for this one day, the anniversary of those deaths.
Hum, I will admit I was under the impression of that you were asking for more.

Well, like I stated earlier, I dont believe in traditions such as minutes of silence. If anyone else wants to take one or more days off, feel free, its none of my business.
roger

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 08:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe just Australian.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 08:26 pm
@manored,
This is manored's argument:

"Gosh but I'm sick of Americans whining about 9/11!"

"Gosh I'm sick about Jews whining about The Holocaust!"

"We must never forget the injustice of the Israelis as respects the Palestinians!"

"We must never forget the injustice of the US as respects it's black citizens!"

I may have pegged you wrong:

Are you sick of Palestinians whining about Israel?

Are you sick of American blacks whiming about slavery?

Your tolerance for grievance seem to depend largely on your entrenched ideology.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 08:28 pm
@roger,
Maybe, but I am friends with a number of Australians, and this sort of bilious attitude is by no mean "Australian."

More likely...Maybe just a left-wing slug.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 08:51 pm
Having read numerous editorials, blogs and attendant commentary by the Left today, it is clear that there is a rather large contingent who are sick and tired of us making a big deal about 9/11.

Some make the ridiculous argument that such atrocities have occurred around the world and so who are we (Americans) to think our national tragedy is so important?

Well, we are Americans and we find 9/11 more personal than other atrocities.

This doesn't mean we can't sympathize with Armenians who for many years have held on to an outrage for Turkish genocide.

This doesn't mean we can't sympathize with African-Americans who, for many years, have held on to the outrage of slavery and Jim Crow.

This doesn't mean we can't sympathize with Tibetians, who for many years have held on to outrage for Chinese oppression...including cutting off the thumbs of Tibetian monks so that they might not count their prayer beads,

And so on and so on...

How so many of you crimped souled miscreants can actually argue that Americans who spend one day of the year remembering the tragedy of 9/11 are somehow self-absorbed jigoists is beyond my understanding.

And yet you exist in great numbers.

And many of you actually believe Paul Krugman was spot on with his nasty blog this morning.

Krugman has always been an ideological ass but this morning he proved just how far he is willing to take his partisan bile.

The "debate" around this subject (By Americans) has, unfortunately driven home the point for me that, irrespective of our political leanings, we are not all proud and loving Americans.

I have always consoled myself with the belief that critical Lefties who seem to despise our country will always rally around it when it most counts.

What a fool I have been.

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The "debate" around this subject (By Americans) has, unfortunately driven home the point for me that, irrespective of our political leanings, we are not all proud and loving Americans.

Indeed.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
Depressing isn't it?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Is it only non-Americans who feel obliged to comply with this reasonable request?
I have absolutely no wish to add to anyone's grief today.
I have said I will respect your wishes, wandel, and I will.
But in the meantime, we non-Americans are supposed to sit by respectfully and read this venomous bile about "squashing cockroachs", "Australians" & the rest .... ?

Good grief.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:18 pm
@msolga,
Oh how you wield the Thumbs Down but whine when it is used on you.

You're not exactly respecting Wandel's wishes, despite your hollow promise to do so.

Just can't help yourself msolga, can you?
Rockhead

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I thought I read where you promised yourself you weren't gonna be a turd today.

what happened to that...?
msolga

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I made no comment what-so-ever about any of my comments on this thread being "thumbed down" (although it's happened), Finn.
It is no big deal. It happens all the time.
Yes, I am respecting wandel's wishes.
There are recent posts here I want & intend to respond to, but I've said I won't do that today. And I haven't.
It's you who can't bring yourself to comply to wandel's request.
It's you who can't help yourself.
Get a grip.

manored

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This is manored's argument:

"Gosh but I'm sick of Americans whining about 9/11!"

"Gosh I'm sick about Jews whining about The Holocaust!"

"We must never forget the injustice of the Israelis as respects the Palestinians!"

"We must never forget the injustice of the US as respects it's black citizens!"

I may have pegged you wrong:

Are you sick of Palestinians whining about Israel?

Are you sick of American blacks whiming about slavery?

Your tolerance for grievance seem to depend largely on your entrenched ideology.
You are making such a ridiculous, huge jump of an assumption here that I almost laughed. Any respect I ever had for you is gonne now. Do I need to explain why? Well, you took that ridiculous left-right thing you have in the US and decided that, because one of my opinions resembles one of what you understand as left, then the entirety of my personality and belief system must be lefty.

You are wrong, off course. Those are not, at all, my opinions about those events.

I dont understand how the USA can still put up with having only two parties.

Im brazilian, if anyone is interested.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:32 pm
@Rockhead,
There you go Rocky and God forbid I respond in kind as you almost certainly will wet yourself with indignation.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:33 pm
@msolga,
Keep posting...that just what wandel requested.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:34 pm
@manored,
I've lost your respect?

Oh no!
msolga

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Keep posting...that just what wandel requested.

Coming from you & what you have actually been posting here today, Finn, that is a somewhat disingenuous comment.
The request was not that anyone outside of the US refrain from posting here today.
The request was to refrain from political debate today, out of respect for people who are mourning their loss today.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:44 pm
@msolga,
And yet you feel justified in flaunting wandel's request because you think of me as ______ (fill in the blank)
JTT

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 09:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
And so on and so on...

Jesus, Finn, you are a venal liar of gross proportions. The atrocities that have occurred around the world are those that the US has caused. But you didn't mention them at all - Why?

It's pretty much a certainty that 9-11 would never have happened if the US hadn't been on a murderous rampage in the ME for the last 60 years.

Quote:
What a fool I have been.

Tell us something that we don't know for dog's sake!
0 Replies