Kiss My Ass Irene

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 02:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
HA. Probably some drunken pilots from Oceana
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 02:39 pm
The sun just broke out here and the tree is in 2-3 foot sections on the curb so we can start the weekend now.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:06 pm
stil grey and drizzly here
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes you yankees have done a wonderful job of screwing up your environment and now like locusts you are constantly coming down here to God's country. We don't care how you did it in New York.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:17 pm
NWS now says that high winds in New York could be as low as 50mph, and they have backed up the rain total from 8 inch possible to 6 or 7 inches possible.

They will back up even more before the storm gets there....

New Yorkers are SUCKERS!

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
torm surge is a major worry for residents of New York City. Luckily Irene’s “dirty side,” or its more powerful eastern side, will most likely miss New York, Our Amazing Plant reports, preventing the major catastrophe some had predicted. Still, Mayor Michael Bloomberg once again told people in low-lying areas that they must leave their homes. Consolidated Edison Co. may turn off power in these low-lying areas as a preemptive measure
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/storm-surge-plays-major-role-in-hurricane-irene/2011/08/27/gIQAmyW8iJ_blog.html?hpid=z1

This of course government overbearance, yet another lesson that government must be aggressively chopped back to keep it from damaging our lives without just cause....
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Bull. The only reason you're on your horse about it is because you see the storm weakening at the moment. If the intensity kept up, you sure wouldn't be cheer leading the choices made by the various local governments.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:43 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Bull. The only reason you're on your horse about it is because you see the storm weakening at the moment. If the intensity kept up, you sure wouldn't be cheer leading the choices made by the various local governments.
The first projections were going to be too hysterical by design, just as the first projections on economic numbers are always better than the later numbers.....your government does not think that it needs to tell you the truth when it is on a mission to get you to do what it wants you to do.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:46 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I hate it the way you people ignore DELAWARE!!! WHAT ARE WE CHOPPED LIVER?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

oops, sorry. The bad news is you're about to get nailed!
JPB

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:49 pm
@JPB,
5pm updates are out. A more direct hit for NYC is forecast, but as a TS. Delaware, on the other hand, is going to get LOTS and LOTS of rain!!!

http://icons-ecast.wunderground.com/data/images/at201109_model.gif
http://icons.wunderground.com/data/images/at201109_model_zoom.gif
http://icons-ecast.wunderground.com/data/images/at201109.gif
http://icons-ecast.wunderground.com/data/images/at201109_sat.jpg
http://radblast-mi.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/radar/WUNIDS_map?station=AKQ&brand=wui&num=40&delay=15&type=N0Z&frame=0&scale=1.000&noclutter=0&t=1314444467&lat=36.02166748&lon=-75.68067932&label=Kill+Devil+Hills%2C+NC&showstorms=0&map.x=400&map.y=240&centerx=400&centery=240&transx=0&transy=0&showlabels=1&severe=0&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&smooth=1
Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:50 pm
@JPB,
I hope Thrasher's survives...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 03:50 pm
The Port authority has shut down the airports for the week end, and Bloomberg now says that he has no intention of opening the city transit system till late monday...so NYC will be shut down for yet another day unnecissarily.

The rest of the US with our crumbling economic picture appreciate the effort to keep things rolling *sarcasm*.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 04:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
NWS is now refusing to predict rain totals for NYC, out of embarrassment one should hope.....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 04:34 pm
http://chartsgonewild.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/nicholson_hindsight.jpg
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 04:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

The weather service is calling for winds up to 80mph and rain over two days of up to 8 inches for New York City...the wind prediction has already gone down once but I bet that sustained winds end up less than 70 mph and rain less than 6 inches...in other words not a big deal, certainly no reason to bring the city the never sleeps to a nearly complete stop.

I said this 9 hours ago, and the NWS has already gone below my prediction on wind and was at 6 inches max on rain before they stopped predicting rain totals all together. I am going to be proven right, yet again.

We see if I am right that Bloomberg gets a tongue lashing from angry citizens for shutting down the city and making over 300,ooo people leave home for no good reason.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
HAwkeye seems to have broken his arm from so much patting hisself on the back. BUT I DIGRESS.

PECO (our power purveyor) is onwed by a large company based in Chicago with major assets in the mid west. PECO announced that
"in order to best serve our customers in the path of the storm", they relocated assets and crews from the west south and midwest to restore power as quickly as possible. Well hell, e;ectricity is sold by the kilowatt so when they aint pushing any kilowatts our way, they lose money. In 1999 when ISABELLA hit here, we were regionally wothout power for 7 steamy hot and miserable days. Im sure that PECO lost a lot of revenue so maybe they learnt a lesson to try to restore [power ASAP. The ground in the midATlantic states is satureated from recent rains. It wont take a lot of wind to down trees when thweir roots are held fast onl.y by a thixatropic moosh.

I was expecting to be without power for days so last year we bought and had one of these whole housegenerators installed. Now it looks like we wont get a real chance to give her a maiden voyage.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:24 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I was expecting to be without power for days so last year we bought and had one of these whole housegenerators installed. Now it looks like we wont get a real chance to give her a maiden voyage.
If local governments get in the habit of turning the power off in the attempt to convince people to leave, as Bloomberg is talking about, you will one day be glad that you have it...
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are really one fuckin angry dude. Do you have any kids?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:39 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, and I am none to happy with what my generation (the boomers) is leaving them...
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 05:41 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You are really one fuckin angry dude. Do you have any kids?
Well, its always wise to distrust government,
as a matter of general principle.

David