wandeljw

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 07:35 pm
@Setanta,
You are seriously deluded and strangely unaware of your own hypocrisy.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 08:28 pm
Eh!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Wandel was wrong. ... I know that he is intelligent and perceptive, but i also now know that he is incapable of admitting that he might have been wrong.

He wouldn't admit he was wrong if he didn't think he was - who would? I knew where he was coming from in his original statement and though he tried to explain himself to you and others, he either didn't do a good job or others weren't listening. You and DD took up your stance and nothing would waver you from it; no matter what he said in his defense/explanation, you were both adamant you were right.

What exactly were you right about? You think you were right that he was shitty and patronizing. I certainly didn't see him as patronizing or shitty, so I think YOU TWO were wrong. I think he was merely trying to find a reason why Chai and Arella were so staunch in their 'scared' and 'creepy' viewpoint. He didn't try to guess what that might be - he merely offered the possibility that they could have that viewpoint because of something in their past. She did not look remotely scared shitless to me and obviously not to him; hence his attempt to explain their (to some) misplaced over-reaction.

He never implied that the two were damaged goods or exhibited defective reasoning. YOU attributed that to him all by yourself. Please go back and re-read the first few pages.

I projected my past onto that picture in my opinion of it, GW mentioned something similar - that's all he was trying to do - offer the possibility that these two were doing that. In no way was he saying they were defective or damaged, etc. He has never said anything like that anywhere here, yet he's been defiled by many, in particular, you and DD. You two are guilty of the behaviour you're convicting him of.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:12 pm
Well, yeah. Thank you for saving the trouble.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Interesting - as I posted I saw a zero.

I've no idea of the intricacies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:21 pm
@Setanta,
I'm fascinated by the behavior exhibited when people were confronted with their inappropriate behavior. Three times in a row, the response was to immediately repeat and/or escalate the behavior.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I had to look up ttfn, aka, ta ta for now - I don't understand the usage, seems not like you.

I got it from Tigger in Winnie the Pooh, but I did find the Wikipedia article on it interesting.
Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:32 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

wandeljw wrote:
I did not react well to Setanta characterizing my concern for Arella and Chai's personal feelings as "shitty and patronizing."

Good lord....

DrewDad wrote:

You all but called them damaged goods, and thereby dismissed their opinions.

YOUR OPINION.

DrewDad wrote:

Yes, that's shitty and patronizing.

INVALIDATION ALERT!!!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:34 pm
@DrewDad,
I'm one of the few humans not exposed to Winnie the Poo, much.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:38 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Nothing i've read since this incident began convinces me otherwise.

Not even the facts. Those I don't want to touch with a 10 foot pole. I know that Joe laid them out clearly for everyone to see, but I've got this 10 foot pole that I want to get some use out of.

So, instead I'll just go on with a long inane rant about, well, nothing really, but hey, that's just me.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:49 pm
@DrewDad,
I'm really fascinated by both yours and Setanta's completely unwillingness to address the facts as they unfolded in this thread for all to see. As soon as anyone set out the facts as they actually occurred, the latest instance from Mame, you go off on another silly tangent.
Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 09:57 pm
@JTT,
That's because they've taken a position for so long now that they can't back down from it. They have accused wandel of being shitty and patronizing and basically saying chai and arella were defective and incapable of reasoning - he has never once said that. After pages of goading, he said their response was hysteria. And he FINALLY (and way too late, in my opinion) called DD a ******* moron. And to top it off, they are BEING the same thing they're accusing him of - shitty and patronizing.

My question is why didn't they first - listen and second - try to see where he was coming from instead of just lashing out, accusing him, judging him, insulting him, and then ignoring or twisting everything he said?

That'd be enough for me to call them ******* morons, too.
JTT

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:20 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
That's because they've taken a position for so long now that they can't back down from it.

Yeah but, those with a scintilla of common sense don't normally keep popping up screaming,

"Look at me, look at me. See how stupid I am!"

Quote:
My question is why didn't they first - listen

I think that it has a lot to do with his growing up. He's damaged goods. It's probably that woman who made a move on him that he turned down. That and the botched sex change.

I'm not quite sure why DD did what he did. Perhaps he has forgotten how to read. Or his reading level is fixated at a Winnie the Pooh stage.
Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:22 pm
@JTT,
That's actually not a helpful response. It's mostly invective and hyperbole.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:24 pm
@Mame,
Yes, I'm aware that you disagree with me. You made that clear here: http://able2know.org/topic/176187-12#post-4708437

DrewDad wrote:

wandeljw wrote:
Hingehead and I agree that your "scared shitless" remark is an exaggeration.

You need to start adding things like, "in my opinion," because you really do come across as patronizing.

DrewDad wrote:

wandeljw wrote:
What was my tone and how did I fare with being "called on it?"

http://able2know.org/topic/176187-3#post-4705952

IMO, your tone was patronizing and invalidating. You did not react well to being called on it. You became defensive and even more invalidating. (Calling people "hysterical," e.g.)

Just to be clear.... You're really accusing me of being invalidating when I say "come across as" and "in my opinion?"

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:27 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

You are seriously deluded and strangely unaware of your own hypocrisy.

QFT
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:28 pm
@Mame,
It was all sarcasm, Mame, deep tongue in cheek, over the top nonsense.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:40 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

That's because they've taken a position for so long now that they can't back down from it.

And... the invalidation continues. Please, if you want to know what I'm thinking, just ask.
Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:42 pm
@JTT,
Actually, JTT, it was just immature, not 'deep tongue in cheek' or 'sarcasm'. Doesn't matter anyway.

No one's getting any further ahead here. Everyone's taking their position and staying there.

DD thinks it has to be an outright insult ("you're a moron") in order for it to be insulting or offensive, not even realizing his righteous judgements can be (and often are) just as abusive. And he's the one concerned with psychological validation? (I have to laugh at that).

Mame

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2011 10:47 pm
@DrewDad,
No, I've asked YOU two why you can't possibly see that you COULD be wrong and neither of you has answered that or my other questions. COULD you be wrong?? COULD you???

You determined, soon after the comment, that HE was in the wrong, and despite anything anyone said, which you've never commented on, argued with, whathaveyou, he's STILL wrong.

What if you got off on the wrong foot right away? Oh, no, that can't be! Then YOU'D be wrong and have to apologize. That's arrogance and blindness to the nth degree.

YOU. COULD. HAVE. HAD.THE. WRONG.END. OF. THE .STICK .FROM. THE .START.

Had that ever occurred to you? You actually might be WRONG!