Rick Perry to delight climate sceptics by running for president

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 08:08 am
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/aug/12/rick-perry-climate-sceptics-president#post-area

Quote:

...Perry calls global warming "all one contrived phony mess that is falling apart under its own weight." Unlike many of the other GOP presidential candidates, he hasn't expressed concern about climate change in the past, so he won't have to do any back-pedaling. Notorious climate denier Marc Morano is a big fan: "Based on climate views alone, anyone who is holding their nose voting for Mitt Romney because there's no other viable candidate will now rejoice to have an option with Rick Perry.".....

This might explain some of the anomalous current prosperity in Texas...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 7,428 • Replies: 135

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 08:22 am
@gungasnake,
Separate from that, PWerry is a hugh supporter of Creationist thinking in Biology classes. That should be enough to show what a complete moron he is. I do hope he can claim the candidacy.

PS, Texas has been scuttling along because all of the G W Bush (governor) laws have been repealed and /or reversed
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 08:46 am
I am..............COMPLETELY embarrassed to be a 'texan' right now. Though texas is by far not my home.. i do live here, and I have seen that dingbat in action.

This country would be a fool to vote him in. But then again, this country was a fool to vote GW in too. If we really voted him in at all...
jcboy

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 08:48 am
@farmerman,
We're going to be in a world of hurt if any of these idiots get into office. 8 years of the last one, was enough
gungasnake

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 08:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Separate from that, PWerry is a hugh supporter of Creationist thinking in Biology classes. ..

That will make it even better.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:06 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

We're going to be in a world of hurt if any of these idiots get into office. 8 years of the last one, was enough

i was just texting with my boyfriend about Perry's announcement..

He said " Perry, Palin, Some other woman, Obama.... Just another race of champions"

I said " yup. special olympics on steriods...arent we fucked.."
jcboy

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:10 am
@shewolfnm,
ROLF! thanks for the laugh! Very Happy
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:31 am
Molly Ivans had him pegged years ago. Boy I miss her kind of honest journalism. To get at the truth now days we have to go to people like Colbar and other comedians.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:34 am

Our world of hurt will only worsen Obama and his ilk remain in power.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:37 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

I am..............COMPLETELY embarrassed to be a 'texan' right now. Though texas is by far not my home.. i do live here, and I have seen that dingbat in action.

This country would be a fool to vote him in. But then again, this country was a fool to vote GW in too. If we really voted him in at all...

It was Fox News that voted him in, way I hear tell.
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:55 am
@Questioner,
Questioner wrote:

It was Fox News that voted him in, way I hear tell.

that............speaks volumes.

Fox news might as well have voted scooby doo in. people just do NOT pay attention to anything..
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 10:47 am
For any late comers, Donald and/or Daffy Duck would beat Bork Obunga in 2012:

http://able2know.org/topic/174541-1
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 12:21 pm
@gungasnake,
But Obama will easily best anyone the Teabaggers are running.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 02:26 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The dialectic is between evolution and mathematics. Professing belief in evolution at this juncture amounts to the same thing as claiming not to believe in modern mathematics, probability theory, and logic. It's basically ignorant.
Thats really hilarious since evolution theory is quite comfortable using available mathematics to conduct analyses of newly dicovered data and evidence.
You keep posting the same attempts at discrediting science but all you can come up with is tired old clips that you cobble from Creationist and ID preachers. I can understand how a Fundamentaist needs to have an inerrant Bible or their entire Gospel systems are kaput, yet you seem to "believe" in Fred Hoyles bullshit and he is a professed atheist, did you know?
You may believe whatever you wish, its only a problem when you try to provide us any evidence. Of that , youve been totally and cotinuously unsuccessful.

Got anything new that you want to use as evidence other than cheap chots at punctuated equilibrium (which isnt even considered of any value by most paleontlogists today). Remember ,Gould and Eldredge presented a "HYPOTHESIS" of PE. Evidence, since the late 1970's when the hypothesis was firts published, has not supported it and in fact , has countered Goulds original data from the HAmilton Group of NY state.

Itd be nice if you could find something thats not over 30 years old and hasnt been dutbinned , to pick on.

I think your choice in Pres candidates is as simple -minded as your views of geology and biology.
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 02:43 pm
@farmerman,
Seems youre a bit of a fraud too. Here I believed that you wrote most or all of your previous post, (including the little attempts at humour). Instead you plagiarized it dfrom some "intellectual quarterback" of your Creationist douche bag friends on FREEREPUBLIC.

You are no longer Gunga snake, you are hereafter going to be known as "GUNGASNEAK" PhD (Doctor of Plagiarism).

At least, if your gonna clip other idiots work, be good enough to give them some credit K?
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 02:55 pm
@gungasnake,
You seem to takw somwe pride in convincing us that you are adept at math analyses so why use the following?
Code: The sort of things noted in items 3 and 5 are generally referred to as the "gambler's problem",

When in probability and games science, this is called "Gamblers Ruin"?

Quote:
Guys, we need flight feathers, and wings, and specialized bones, hearts, lungs, and tails, and we need em NOW; not two years from now. Everybody ready, all together now: OOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I dont know why you used "quotes" here, as if it came from somewhere else and you were only using it to supplement your own thoughts. In reality it came from the same dumass article that you plagiarized and made it seem that it was all your own.
ANYWAY, as Ken Miller has said (maybe you didnt take biology) Evolution is merely taking what youve already got and doing something new with it. ALL evolutionary tissues and organs and extremities and structures are derivative of somethin g from the derived forms precedent. Or hadnt that even occured to you? Thats why fish fins show f extremea bones and these can be seen in fossil descendents as developing fingers. EVEN bird wings can be seen to have the structure of digits . (Quiz; what is the name of the bone in a birds wing that corresponds to a tetrapodal "thumb"?)

We dont see flying chordata with two legs and two wings. ALL the wings are new forms of the frontal arm .

I dont think youre ready for High school biology yet Gungasneak, itd be too much of a shock when you learn how far from Mideaval times weve progressed.

0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 03:18 pm
I've lived in this part of TX for 10 years, since it went from hickey to weird to downright fantastic. But, I don't watch closely TX politics.

I watched RPerry speak at that Straw Poll function, jubilee, state fair or whatever, this very day. Frankly, Perry will not be elected as Republican candidate to run for the presidency. Golly gee, what a clown. My opinion only, folks. Creationism, my ass.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

You are no longer Gunga snake, you are hereafter going to be known as "GUNGASNEAK" PhD (Doctor of Plagiarism).

At least, if your gonna clip other idiots work, be good enough to give them some credit K?

Now that I have wiped the tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard..

you never knew he does not have his own opinion?
Rarely, and it is usually just to throw an insult but rarely does he ever say anything that is his original thought..

gungasneak... Laughing
farmerman

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 03:33 pm
@shewolfnm,
Well he seems to make it appear that hes carrying out a conversation made of his own stuff. Course he does repeat his bon mots an awful lot. SO I guess hes not as bright as I thought, and most of his crap is actually someone elses crap so he really doesnt need to understand the fallacies in their logic.