Germany has Officially gone Looney Tunes

Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
EDIT: it is interesting to ponder what the German government response would be to a german popular uprising along the lines of the Tea Party or the Arab Spring.....would they be outlawed outright? Constantly harassed with criminal complaints and fines? Jailed?

Germany had something like this with the protest movement of the late 1960s, 70s, and early 80s, with the Green Party in the role of a left-wing Tea Party. The conflicts between that movement and the Establishment were slugged out through the normal parliamentary process. Nothing was outlawed outright for political reasons; the only people who went to jail were bomb-throwers, kidnappers, and assassins you may know under the name Bader-Meinhof group. But arson, kidnapping, and murder are illegal in Germany even without politics involved.
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:25 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
assassins you may know under the name Bader-Meinhof group. But arson, kidnapping, and murder are illegal in Germany even without politics involved.

Bader-Meinhof group how interesting as if memory serve me correctly a large numbers of them in a very high security prison one day decided and managed to committed mass suicides by hangings themselves or so it was claimed with a wink or two.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I see, so you are agreeing with me then that in Europe popular uprisings against the current norms might be be put down by force by the government using the law as the weapon.....

It'll be a cold day in hell before I agree with you. We have a thing called elections over here. That's the place for popular uprisings. The biggest example of a popular uprising over here, was Caroline Lucas becoming MP for Brighton Pavilion.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:27 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:

Germany had something like this with the protest movement of the late 1960s, 70s, and early 80s, with the Green Party in the role of a left-wing Tea Party
A revolt from the left does not necessarily predict how a revolt from the right would be received, given the clear continuing German paranoia of rightist views as exhibited in the hate crime and anti Nazi sympathizer statutes. As we see with talk about the Norway tragedy conversation about rightist views in Europe tend to revolve around how to put them down, not how to include them into the democratic process.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It'll be a cold day in hell before I agree with you
I of course have way too much sense to have ever made the mistake of accusing you of having an open mind.....
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

As we see with talk about the Norway tragedy conversation about rightist views revolve around how to put them down, not how to include them into the democratic process.

Yes, because they're not interested in the democratic process. They never get anywhere electorally. They should not be treated as politicians, they should be treated as criminals.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

As we see with talk about the Norway tragedy conversation about rightist views revolve around how to put them down, not how to include them into the democratic process.

Yes, because they're not interested in the democratic process. They never get anywhere electorally. They should not be treated as politicians, they should be treated as criminals.
if rightist views are oppressed by the government through the courts and through the media gate keepers through censorship how are rightist views ever going to get anywhere electorally?

Are we likely to ever again see cartoons in Europe that criticize Islam and Muslims after the last attempt to speak that particular view was slapped around by the EU political class? Are we going to see anyone try again to deal with Roma criminal activity after France tried to throw illegals out of the country and was firmly criticized by the EU political class for doing it...this being the same bunch who claimed that they were making the Roma problem a priority ten years ago and whom have gotten no where so far as solutions go after alll of this time?? So you see, even when individual media gate keepers and politicans go against the PC position they get slapped down, so how is truth and freedom ever going to prevail again in Europe?
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
So it all boils down to your racism, moslems and gypsies.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

So it all boils down to your racism, moslems and gypsies.
as far as I am concerned what it boils down to is that others can only say and do what you like, you are not interesting in living in a community of free individuals, you what to create the sci-fi Borg hive in real life....you demand the right to deny humans our humanity under the false claim of promoting human rights. The deceptiive attack on human rights is inventive (and ballsy), but it must be put down.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
. . . popular uprising along the lines of the Tea Party . . .

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Stop it, Bubba, come on, stop it . . . yer killin' me here.

The assemblage of the political retards in the United States into a more or less discrete group to facilitate exploitation by their propaganda masters hardly constitutes a "popular uprising."

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Total bollocks. You really don't have a clue do you? How many times do I have to prove you're a fuckwit, before you'll accept the painful ******* truth.
BillRM

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
racism, moslems and gypsies.

You mean like the gypsies groups/families/clams that have the charming habit of touring the US every year doing low level crimes/cons from town to town?

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Total bollocks. You really don't have a clue do you? How many times do I have to prove you're a fuckwit, before you'll accept the painful ******* truth.
You have shown up to a debate with evidence? When did you ever do that, I must have missed it, all I ever see you doing is acting the class clown spitting insults at those who are smarter than you.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

You mean like the gypsies groups/families/clams that have the charming habit of touring the US every year doing low level crimes/cons from town to town?

not always low level...up till a few years ago taking people for $10-15k was fairly common in home repair scams, plus they ripped up the house so the fix with a real contractor got pricey.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You have shown up to a debate with evidence?

That's rich, coming from Mr. I'm not your research assistant, Mr. "I am Zen." Jeeze, the comic relief around here is priceless.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
Don't you remember I gave you a gift, a gift anyone with half a brain could have turned into a brilliant riposte. ( And to think, I felt a little nervous, because if you had delivered the riposte, I would have looked like a dickhead, and all of this would be sour grapes.)

You didn't though, because you are a total fuckwit. I can't believe that when I first came on to A2K I actually respected some of your opinions. Now with your political paranoia, you sound little different from some raving apocalyptic evangelist.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

I was talking about the people who were exterminated at Belsen along with the Jews, but whatever you're comfortable with.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
You have shown up to a debate with evidence?

That's rich, coming from Mr. I'm not your research assistant, Mr. "I am Zen." Jeeze, the comic relief around here is priceless.
well this is refeshing...so often you come off as a humorless sod.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Whereas you always come off as a pompous, uninformed and largely ignorant ranter.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 06:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Whereas you always come off as a pompous, uninformed and largely ignorant ranter.
For what ever that is worth when it comes from a person who claims that Tea Party advocates are "retards"....

BTW, I see that you did not get the memo, the word "retard" is no longer acceptable in any context.

Quote:
A national movement to purge the word "retarded" from lawbooks and medical terminology is nearing success, gaining support this week from White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who apologized to advocates for the disabled for using the term during a private meeting last summer.

The campaign is led in part by the mentally disabled themselves, who are increasingly politically organized and eager to escape the stigma associated with the term.

"It's a time of change," said Jill Eglé, co-executive director of the Arc of Northern Virginia, a support group for the disabled, who spearheaded a campaign to change the state code in Virginia.

The words "retarded" and "retard" feel threatening, she said. Eglé identifies herself this way: "I am a powerful leader with an intellectual disability.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/04/AR2010020402602.html

Kindly behave yourself in the future. *sarcasm*