Germany has Officially gone Looney Tunes

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 02:31 am
@Lordyaswas,
What we need to do is invent a new cost effective clean energy system. Sacrificing our way of life with some combination of bankrupting energy costs or deprivation resulting not using nuclear and building out super inefficient and expensive current generation clean energy alternatives is just dumb. It also shows a lack of faith in technical civilization.

No Doubt Adolf and the rest of those boys are where ever they are watching and saying to themselves "that is what they get as the punishment for losing the Reich......look at how pathetic they have become, they dont believe in the future and so they slit their own throats.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 02:33 am
@hawkeye10,
No, Adolf and the rest of the boys are probably squealing "Ooh, hot, hot, burning, burning, ouch, ouch."

Hopefully.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 02:38 am
Lordyaswas wrote:

As I said, that left me scratching my head as well.

But at the time it was a lazy, possibly vote catching option. Their people would possibly cheer their government for being so brave and green, in the immediate aftermath of the Japanese tragedy,

After all, they had a bountiful, cheap supply of Russisn gas at the time and Putin was happily playing footsie with Merkel.

In hindsight, I would guess that they now wished they had kept quiet on the Nuclear issue, as to do a U turn now will be the cause of great embarrassment.
You are right though. They would now seemingly prefer to go back to coal for the moment. Hopefully it's a stop gap.

that is over now, Russia almost certainly will pull supplies and sell it all to the chinese. The thing that the West has ignored is that the nations of the Easdt have been very clear that they will if they think it benefits them only buy or sell from the people that are on their approved list. Everyone else can **** off.

The idiots in the West still think that in the future money will always work to get what you want, that so long as you show up to the door with enough dollars somebody will open it and trade you for what you want. Sometimes yes and sometimes no, because the East says so, and since China is going to be the next lone superpower what China wants china gets mostly.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 03:09 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Germany got rid of the nuclear plants. Now, they are mining and burning brown coal. I'm not sure it is a good trade off.
Not really: we still got nine (at least until 2022).
And brown coal mining has been reduced from 1,780.5 million m³ in 1989 to 904.6 million m³ in 2013. (The first brown coal power stations were built around 1900; larger brown coal mining started in our state about 1870.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 03:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
In any case, they're using some of the most awesome surface mining equipment I've ever seen.

I continue in my belief that you've made a bad trade off of hazards.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2014 06:19 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
In any case, they're using some of the most awesome surface mining equipment I've ever seen.
Like this, you mean?
http://i61.tinypic.com/2uotd9s.jpg

Well, they are only allowed to cross the autobahn at night
http://i61.tinypic.com/10ztv9u.jpg
0 Replies