The Tea Party Republicans are Revolting

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:35 am
This would be funny if it weren't putting our economy in so much risk.

Last night Speaker Boehner failed to get his bill past a House captive to the Tea Party even though they stayed until 11PM.

Of course they are opposing anything Obama, but the Tea Party Republicans are now turning against their own Republican leader. Their revolt against anything sane is even hurting their own party politically.

The Tea Party will forever be known as the crazy idiots who almost destroyed the American economy. I only hope I am right about the "almost" part.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 12,998 • Replies: 217

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:38 am
@maxdancona,
When S&P downrates US bonds and everyone is assesswed even more in interests, I hope the Publicus stupidus can remember that the GOP came withion a cilia breadth of passing a big deal which would probably have turned things around.

Dems are already nutless.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The Tea Party will forever be known as the crazy idiots who almost destroyed the American economy.
I doubt that. Finger pointing has been around since man first evolved fingers to point with, so I suspect everyone will simply blame their favorite enemy for any damage that occurs.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:01 am
@rosborne979,
Well hopefully even if they get a nano amount of backlash then that would hurt them enough in 2012 elections. Might give the Democrats a slight boost in the congressional and presidential elections.

In this political climate, inches matter.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 10:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Last night Speaker Boehner failed to get his bill past a House captive to the Tea Party even though they stayed until 11PM.

Of course they are opposing anything Obama, but the Tea Party Republicans are now turning against their own Republican leader. Their revolt against anything sane is even hurting their own party politically.

The Tea Party will forever be known as the crazy idiots who almost destroyed the American economy. I only hope I am right about the "almost" part.

Perhaps for entirely different reasons; I am with them... Let the goddamned economy fall... Let the Government go broke... Fck em all... We can build this thing better and to last longer... The U.S. Constitution has always been a failure... Let us kill it off and steal the best crap in it for a new government... If we have to fight a civil war to have a revolution the let's get it on or get along...I can agree that many tea partiers are too stupid to breathe, so don't ask me what they are living on... Without the support of government such people would **** their pants and die, but because they don't have to think about what has always been there for them, they don't think it exists... Let them cut their own throats and then ask the democrats to help them do it again... Those that are not idiots are assholes... Let them have it, and if the democrats have a back bone between them they will help the tea party to show its character...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:01 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:
The Tea Party will forever be known as the crazy idiots who almost destroyed the American economy.
I doubt that. Finger pointing has been around since man first evolved fingers to point with, so I suspect everyone will simply blame their favorite enemy for any damage that occurs.
The capitalist economy has been on life supports for well over a hundred years in this land, and longer than that in England... If they cannot water the stock enough, and if they cannot bleed the population enough then they have to get the government to keep them going until the people can catch up and be bled for another round... Captialism is dead... An economy is supposed to support the people of a country, and instead it is always the people supporting capitalism all because we lack the imaginations to realize there may be a better way of doing business... It isn't working for the tea party... You can bet your ass it isn't working for most of us in the whole world... We just cannot see what to do, and if anyone can see, they are killed... So, don't look at me... I am as blind as the rest of you, and I have the white cane and dark glasses to prove it...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:13 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The Tea Party nonsense will put Obama back in office in 2012.
Fido

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:15 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

The Tea Party nonsense will put Obama back in office in 2012.
Ya; and that will change everything...
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 03:55 pm
They are pretty damn revolting, that's for sure. Oh...you were using it as a verb, not an adjective! Oops, either way, they are sickening!
mags314772

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 04:12 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes, they ARE revolting. Really, really revolting
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 04:22 pm
@mags314772,

Yes Obama and his democrat minions are revolting. Really, really revolting.
jcboy

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Everytime I see a post by jlgoldman I think of him as being the biggest idiot on any message board, and then I see your posts. Smile
Below viewing threshold (view)
maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 04:56 pm
@jcboy,
I am pretty sure that JGoldman and H2oman are the same person.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
When S&P downrates US bonds and everyone is assesswed even more in interests, I hope the Publicus stupidus can remember that the GOP came withion a cilia breadth of passing a big deal which would probably have turned things aroundDems are already nutless. .

Yes, farmerman when Clinton was in office the government was taking in more money then it was spending and paying down the national debt. Employment rate and growth rate of the economical was in the green to say the least.

Then we had Bush who spend trillions on unneeded wars and with a republican congress lower the tax rate at the same time until the national debt exploded.

Not happy with that amount of harm they then allowed the banks and others in the finance markets to run wild to the point we almost enter up in another great depression and we are still years away from digging ourselves out of that mess.

Now instead of raising the top tax rates back to where is was so we can start to get a handle on the debt they wish to try to do so only on the backs of the middle class and working class.

To add to the fun they are holding the full faith and credit of the US as a hostage to their wishes.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:36 pm
Looking at this crazy situation I had started to come to the conclusion that the founding fathers missed a bet when they did not copy one aspect of the Roman Republic system along with the many features that they did incorporated from that society into our own Republic.

The power in times of great crisis’s to appoint a dictator with absolute powers for a fixed period of time.

After the time limit had passed he was then held accountable for his actions during his term of absolute power by the Senate and the people of Rome.

This feature saves Rome and the Republic a numbers of times during it history.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:46 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/267825_10150243341284776_758674775_7131419_657877_n.jpg
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:49 pm
Another interesting feature of the Roman Republic was that during war times a large percents of the Rome Senators and others in the leadership of the Republic assume military roles and there was wars and conflicts where a very large percent of the total senate membership die on the battlefield along with the Rome consuls who are similar to our position as president.

Somehow I wonder if Bush and the senators and congressmen would had been so eager to send troops around the world if they was the ones who would need to lead them and to place their lives on the line also.
Fido

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:57 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Quote:

Everytime I see a post by jlgoldman I think of him as being the biggest idiot on any message board, and then I see your posts. Smile
Was that a shot in the dark because I think you hit your mark...