How do you rebuild trust and respect?

firemanbud

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 05:21 pm
We are on our way out for diner, I still have some hope....

Well she pretty much told me I deserve the treatment I have recieved for the past 6 months. I told her I don't deserve it, and I will not tolorate it any further. She was quiet for a bit and then she asked me what I had planned for Monday. I told her I was going to look at a town house to rent. She started crying and said she did not want me to do that.
We came home from diner and talked for a few hours. I told her I am tired of being a room mate, feeling lonely and things need to change. She said she loved me and she would work on things. I am going to offer couples counciling again in the morning. Hopeful she will take the offer.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 01:25 pm
Well, how's it going?
0 Replies

firemanbud

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 03:06 pm
We spent the day together Monday. We had a good day. She told me I can have Friday night. I want to come up with a night to blow her mind. Not a lot of money, but show her I put a lot of thought and time into it.
I think i will take her downtown by horse and carriage. Do a little diner and dancing. I can let her show off those diamond ear rings I bought her for Christmas.
I am just going to work hard, and hope for the best. She loves the way I look now. I started the Atkins diet just before Thanksgiving. Down from 276 to 235, 40 waist now 36's are nice fit. I am 6'3", and she says I am still very handsom.
I have a lot of hope, and I will contine to work my best to show her she is a special woman to me.....
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:29 pm
Good to hear that. I hope it is an amazing evening for you. I still think you should talk with a marriage counselor together, even for just a couple of sessions.

Best of luck, FiremanBud!
0 Replies

firemanbud

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:45 pm
I tried, I have to accept her terms for now, Give it a bit, and maybe she will want to go together, its all up to her. Thanks for everything.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:05 pm
And there I thought fireman was a male anorexic who was withering away, cause he so sadly annnounced he'd lost 40 pounds! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

firemanbud

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:51 pm
I am sorry if I mad you think that, I have been working hard to get back in shape. I was 225 when I met my wife, I am not far from there. I am doing 3 miles every morning on the treadmill every day.

Highlight of my day yesterday:
After the we put the boys to be last night, we gave each other a 30min lotion massage. Then snuggled and watched The Waterboy, great night.
0 Replies